Hangover Ratings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
Thing that I really regret (note I never drink-drive anymore and have not for about 15 years). I woke up one morning and realised I must have driven my car home... It was parked in the middle of a rather busy road about 7 feet from the gutter with the driver's door still open. <_<

Bloody hell, warren. I know we're not supposed to laugh at things like that these days, but that's gotta be one of the funniest things I've read today.

That and archimedes' bruised eyeballs.

I think some of you guys might need to ponder this a little.

something to do with drinking red all afternoon, a wise idea to go out and drink beer, oh i'm pretty pissed now, give me a couple of red bulls, now bring on the scotch... then the missus comes to pick me up off the footpath, something to do with being surrounded by vomit yet still not a drop of it on me... i'll never do that again!

I'm in the rather dangerous position of never having suffered from a hangover. Ever. Not once. No matter how wasted I get. Not even a 1 star. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

On the rare ocasions I have goten so drink that I can't stand, in the morning, nothing. Clear head. Right as rain.

Why is this dangerous? Two reasons - one - someone who does suffer might kill me for looking so well after a big nigt and two - I have no fear to restrain me...

Cheers
Dave

Airgead said:
I'm in the rather dangerous position of never having suffered from a hangover. Ever. Not once. No matter how wasted I get. Not even a 1 star. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

On the rare ocasions I have goten so drink that I can't stand, in the morning, nothing. Clear head. Right as rain.

[post="77084"][/post]​

Age?

I was in your position half my age ago.

The worste hangover i've had was actually my 1st, back in the good old days when i thought i couldn't get a hung over. It was at my mates 18th, it wasn't a six star one though, as there was no vomiting somehow :blink:
I brought quite a few beers and after i got through them i had a couple of my mates Mississippi moonshines, then i found a few of those Z ginger beers and then it degenerates even further :ph34r:
Part of my present for my mate was a bottle of great western champagne :unsure:
I crack it open and then find out he can't drink anything sweet, so i end up walking around drining it all straight from the bottle thats the last thing i can remember.
Apparently i passed out sitting up staraight with my eyes open.
The next morning i woke up with a splitting headache i had to get up early and go home to pick up my footy gear :eek:
That's right i had to play a game of aussie rules, needless to say i played one of the worst games of my life. Then backed it up with another 18th that night.
I didn't drink that much that night.

PostModern said:
Age?

I was in your position half my age ago.
[post="77115"][/post]​

33. They told me it would start at 30. Maybe i'm a late developer...

ahhhhhhh hangovers.........

I could write a book.

mmmmmmmmmm the one where i woke up in a pool of vomit mixed with bull dust after falling 10 feet out of a shearing shed and sleeping in that pool. I was just 16 :)

Ahhhhhhhh the one where i woke up after drinking a keg with a few friends at an 18th and then going into town for a few......... dozen. We drank bourbne, fum, sambuca and god knows what else and i woke up in a supermarket carpark at 11am on a saturday morning. there were cars parkes all around me and people looking at me. some of them were covering their kids eyes.

i threw up in the taxi back to my mates place and he made me clean it up.......... fair enough :p

I them passed out in my car, woke up 4 hrs later, threw up on the pasenger seat and drove home. I recon i was still 0.300. i was sick for a week.

that was an 8 atar job in sure.

Oh and the time i drand a whole bottle of JD in an hour. Oh yeah alcahol poisining.

did it on a saturday might and was still sick on the thursday...........

man im glad i out grew all the drinking

happy with a few beers these days, dont touch the spirits any more.

i wonder why :blink:

cheers

Here is my last 6er, and never again.

I once did a job for a potential mining company who had some ground at Kostanai which is on the steppes, near the Urals in Kazakstan. They signed a contract with a Kazak drilling company for the job, and the the Kazak driller turned up to celebrate. Once a contract is signed, you drink Kazak vodka, $3US per 750 ml bottle. There was no-one else on site so I got to represent the company. The bottle is poured into largish tumblers. and you have to swig it in one go cos it tastes so awful. You can ask for an orange juice, but it must be consumed after the vodka, mix it and you are laughed at for the rest of the job.

2 bottles down, I am hanging in there, but my translator has frozen mid sentence, the eyes roll, and no-one is home. Someone picks him up and puts him in the garden, we are still drinking but I cant communicate anymore without a translator. 2 more bottles come out, and on we go. The generator goes out, the lights die, and I immediately pour a whole tumbler of vodka on the floor.

I ask in sign language for a can of beer to chase the vodka. Now I am gulping the tumbler of vodka, pretending to swig beer afterwards, but in fact I am spitting the vodka into the beer can. The Kazak driller is definitely swigging his, and is having a great time. Another bottle, and the room goes round in circles. I am lifted bodily by someone, chucked in a Niva, and deposited with my translator back at the farmhouse we were staying at.

Next morning was at least a 6. I was working in the field, on the steppes. The steppes are very very flat and there is not a tree in site. I threw up maybe 10 times over the course of the day, and there was absolutely nothing to hide behind.

And to this day, the smell of vodka makes my stomach churn.

No sixes for a few years now thank christ, but there were quite a few for a decade or so from when I started drinking at 15 to when I was about 25 and learned to moderate things a little. Worst I've had in a while have been a couple of solid 3-4 star jobs.
Visiting the Cu Chi tunnels in Vietnam with a solid 4.5 after getting stuck into it in Saigon the previous night was pretty nasty too!

I have had many a good 6 plus star hangovers never again one lasted 3 days.

that sounds like bathurst weekend but you start at 4 and go to 6

I know this thread is almost cold, but I just had to add one more.

I reckon Ive had a fair few of each level at one stage or another, but there are two that spring to mind.

1 - Quite a few years ago, having organised the annual college party I had managed to get this gorgeous bird I was keen on to accompany me. Well, since the pressure of the preceding weeks was over I took off out of the gates pretty early and waspretty sh*tfaced by about 10:00PM. Eventually, my date accompanied me to my room, and put me into bed. To my surprise she crawled in next to me and sudddenly I am thinking..."Hang on a sec....games not over yet....pull yourself together".

So i get up on an elbow to try and have a chat and within a nano second, the room has accelerated to about 33 & 1/2 rpm.

Tenaceous as I am and ever the optimist I still didnt give in. I managed to slow the spinning fractionally, and smiling, stared into her eyes intending to say something like...."have you enjoyed your self tonight?" and instead said "Excuse me" leant over the top of her and commenced heaving into the waste paper basket. Buh Baaaaah! Game over!

2 - Another was about a week after I started a job in Scotland. I was living in the highlands, but was due to drive to France the following day to spend a week diving as part of a research project. Got home to my very isolated cottage late the night before we left and having poured a can of stew into a pot, decided "Bugger That......what I need is a pint". As the pub was about four miles away, I decided since I couldnt afford to have more than 1 or 2 pints I would take the van. It was packed with all the gear for the trip. Luggage, dive tanks, equipment.

Anyway, about five pints later the pub is closing and everyone isbeing chucked out. The owner gives us a wink and a nod and say "hang aroond, thes a couple o lads staying back". Thus my first "Lock-in". Curtains are drawn and the drinking goes on.

Well the couple of lads turned out to be some wealthy stockbrokers back up from london and they kept pouring me two fingure Scotch and Pints of 80 chasers. :party: :party:

Needless to say, I dont remember much except that I got to the van and amazingly realised I couldnt risk driving it full of gear back out to my cottage so I pulled out a sleeping bag and that was that.

When my glued eyes began to open because of the blinding light of the morning, I sat up in the van and realised that it being 9Am, I was supposed to be picking up my team of divers already. Jumped out of my sleeping bag and realised that the foot of it was soaking wet and covered in mud.....Hmmmph. Thats weird. looked out the winscreen and see it is covered in snow......Hmmph....thats weird too.

Off I go home to get my own gear and as I drive down the village street, there is one of my dive team waiting at his gate with bags packed....how embarrassing....I have been their boss for a week. This will not look good. I just didnt realise how bad it was to get at that point.

I pull over and say "Sorry mate, I got stuck in the pub last night in a lock-in and Ive just woken up. I'll just go and grab my bag and Ill' be right back".

He looks at me kind of strangly and says "For f*** sake, what were you doing ?"

I shrug and say "just drinking wiskey".

And he say " But your face is covered in blood. Did you get in a fight?" :huh:

I look in the rear view mirror and my entire faceis covered in blood, particularly around my eyes where the blood has pooled. :blink: I couldnt remember a thing.

Anyway to cut a really long story short, I slept in the back of the van on the dive tanks, all the way to France. The lads kindly pulled over when ever I needed to puke. Over the following weeks, a bit of the haze started to lift and I vaguely remembered getting out of the van in my sleeping bag to take a piss during the night. I hopped off into the grass and went A over T and landed face down in the rocks. I also vaguely remember crawling my way back into the van and Im glad I did, because as I previously mentioned, it snowed over night and I probably would have died.

Moral of this story; "Be wary wary carfuw when dwinking Wiskey and pints"

I need also to add that since those days, natures little brake has been increasingly applied......now I get a hangover after about 3 pints or 5 or 6 stubbies.

Back