The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barefoot said:
Morning all,

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Lael, I received a kit from him yesterday and it is a really well thought out and finished product. Anyone who is thinking of getting one, do it before he runs out of kits!

Cheers,
Brett
Thanks Brett! Really glad you like it!

Merry Christmas everyone.

If anyone is interested in one of these excellent kits from Lael, I have a spare one. PM me for details.

cheers, Arnie

Wooohooo :) since I am running two controllers at the same time, will it be possible to have different IP's on different controllers ?

freelander2002 said:
Wooohooo :) since I am running two controllers at the same time, will it be possible to have different IP's on different controllers ?
yep you could run as many as you want with differing ip/name. This has been delayed a little due to my internet stuffing up, hopefully back on track next week.

Hey guys, Im selling one Brauduino who`s just assembled and never used. Got a Grainfather for xmas gift last year so I dont need the controller anymore. Contact me for information if interested :)

13_510342380.jpg
13_1388282796.jpg

hi i still have mine fully built if any one needs
Brauduino for sale
has already been wired and certified by an electrician.
Cost to buy parts from lael was $280.and i payed $250.
to build Sell for $500 and any reasonable offer will be considered
i am in Adelaide
can post at you cost
if you want i can post pics
see here just for info

Hi there and good day,

I also have a spare brauduino controller for sale that has only been used twice, fully assembled with an extra temperature probe and cables (EU power socket) if any one is interested PM me.

Thanks

HI All - My controller is up for grabs - I have only used it about 5 times - selling to fund a new set up. PM me for info - thanks legends

Attachments

• IMG_2835.JPG
    IMG_2835.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
Hi Liquidcurrency

Mine keeps getting better. Just did an AIPA on Saturday to test the latest changes.

I just added a second element into the rig so now have 2 x 2400w elements. I now have a much faster temperature rise and a really good rolling boil.

I still have issues with the grain clumping and pushing the top filter up so have chosen to add rice gulls to the grain for every brew. May have to add a modification to the plumbing to allow by pass of the return flow to reduce flow.

I was using 7.8 kg of grain though and flow was fine with 200g of the gulls.

I have done several other mods.

I added a small SSR to switch the pump. This was documented in the build thread some time back.

I added a fan on the heatsink with a small switch so could turn it on and off. Just runs from the 12volts.

I put a switch in line with the control signal for the second big SSR as I was using an over the side element before the latest mod with second element.

I bought a turkey fryer from the USA. It allows one to deep fry a turkey. But the pot is the perfect size as a taller malt pipe.

I bought heavy perforated SS plate and made top and bottom filter plates. Then added a clever way to clamp it down a bit better.

I started using a hop bag for hop additions during boil to reduce trub.

I installed the whole rig into an old 19" rack frame.

I put a digital scale under the main pot so I can zero with the metal work and it will then give me a permanent display of the liquid volume in the pot during boil etc.

I put a pulley system in to lift the malt pipe up and allow sparging above the main pot.

I modified a metal lamp shade from a metal halide lamp to put above the pot during boil.

I put "air cell" insulation around the pot and lid to reduce heat loss.

I mounted plate heat exchanger on the side of the rack frame and put an inline SS filter inline so can recirculate the wort for cooling. I use the water from our rain water tank for the heat exchange and put it back into the tank.

I am about to build a return pipe that will allow whirlpool for trub reduction.

It is a wonderful time investment distraction excercise.

Regards

James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back