The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

bevan

Reaction score

NealK

Reaction score
It’s a DS18B20 temp probe. You should be able to get one from eBay (like this one)
https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/1M-Waterp...e-Sensor-DS18B20-Arduino-Sensor-/190738017226
Just a matter of replacing the one you have with this one.
Sorry, but that link you supplied is not the correct part.
I have had problems wiring my old temp probe to a jack plug and getting a reading on the Brauduino. I am looking for one that is pre-wired to a jack plug like the original in the Brauduino kit.

bevan

Reaction score
Sorry, but that link you supplied is not the correct part.
I have had problems wiring my old temp probe to a jack plug and getting a reading on the Brauduino. I am looking for one that is pre-wired to a jack plug like the original in the Brauduino kit.
I got the part number from the instruction sheet which lists the parts. I’m pretty sure Lael made them up using these. I’ll try and dig up a wiring diagram to confirm.

IMG_1524554473.590114.jpg

Last edited:

LiquidCurrency

Reaction score
I believe they were a custom build. The probe was machined especially and the ends were fitted off with a 3.5mm jack plug.
Mine seems to flicker at times too, about 0.5*c above the actual temp. Not a huge issue but it’s showing signs of failing.
What’s wrong with yours Neal?

NealK

Reaction score
My original one works fine. I have built a new system and put it in the new system. I want one for my old system so that I have the option of single or double batches using the same controller. The probe I now have in the old system is the original one from Mathos Controller and I can't get it to work with the latest version of the control box.

Last edited:

jerchappy

Reaction score
Hi just putting a callout to see if anyone has an unused kit they would like to sell. thanks, Jerome

Drunk Az

Reaction score
Hi Jerome,
I have a brand new controller that has been assembled by an electrician. I was going to build a brewery but with 3 kids and working flat out I barely have time to brew let alone anything else, so the controller has never been used. I also have a spare temp probe (2 probes in total).
I am based in Mt Martha south of Melbourne but I can post it if you like, send me a PM and we can work it out.
Aaron

northernbrewer

Reaction score
Hi Jerome,
I also have a kit in Perth, Western Australia. Mine is unbuilt and I believe that I also have a spare probe. I would rather not have to stuff around with postage so Drunk Az's might be a better option. If your in Perth then send me a PM.
Andrew

jerchappy

Reaction score
Thanks guys I have had a few offers for second hand kits will message you. Cheers

commoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Im considering building a 1v setup and this controller would be ideal for me.
I currently brew extract and want to transition into allgrain.
Im located in melbourne.
Are there any members who have a controller there interested in selling in either kit for or complete.
Im also open to suggestions of possible alternative controllers.

pbezza

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Im considering building a 1v setup and this controller would be ideal for me.
I currently brew extract and want to transition into allgrain.
Im located in melbourne.
Are there any members who have a controller there interested in selling in either kit for or complete.
Im also open to suggestions of possible alternative controllers.
I have 9 Ardbir PCBs and 9 BrewManiacEx PCBs.

commoo

Reaction score
I have 9 Ardbir PCBs and 9 BrewManiacEx PCBs.
Hi mate thanks for the reply.
Im new to the mathos controller thread.
Can you tell me a liitle more about the boards you have for sale.
With these boards will i just need the remaining parts like enclosure,switches ssr, etc. As i dont have a parts list.

Sorry for the extra questions .

Cheers
Paul

pbezza

Reaction score
They are just the PCB with no electronic components. You'll need to solder on a few resistors, transistors, diodes, screw terminals etc. You'll also need a case, lcd, relay, arduino uno, buttons, buzzer, ssr, heatsink, ds18b20 probe, pump, etc. The BrewManiacEx has a few more components than the mathos controller but the lcd menus are similar. BrewManiacEx uses an esp8266 therfore has WiFi and a web gui as well as the lcd. PM me your email adress and I'll send the parts list and other info if you're interested in the diy route.

zwitter

Reaction score
Hi
Lael has kits available for the Mathos controller.
Prebuilt and programmed board.

Send him a PM.

If you can not get him let me know and I will contact him for you.

Zwitter
James

crazyhorse

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an assembled kit for sale, has been tested but never used. Please PM me for further details.

Nathan

LiquidCurrency

Reaction score
Hi All,

Chasing a couple of Lowara pumps. Can get them from a brew shop for $190ea.
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get two at a better price?

upload_2019-7-14_4-26-33.png

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
Anyone chasing a Matho's Controller, I have 1 I could part with, brand new never used with 2 extra probes.

Latest posts