The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lael ,
I have decided to go ahead and buy a controller if u have any left . Have gone through all the wiring up pages and am confident i can do it .
Have a lot of eleco mates to check it so how do i go about paying ? Have pmed u as well...Kevin

Hi Lael,

I saw this ages ago but ended up building a custom RPi Solution which has been great, but the RPI has packed it in after many brews and i'm not keen to go though months of build + test to make another one.

I'm amazed at how far the kit has come, it's fantastic and far more integrated solution than mine,
Do you have any kits left?

Postage is 2217 if it helps!

thanks!

Hi Matchu,

Yep - have some kits left - will PM you.

Hi Guys,

Can I use the braudino on a much bigger system? planning on building a 200l-500l system. Of course the pump and the heating elements will be way more powerful, thermostat? If so waht do i have to take in to consideration?

Lael, I also just PM you.

Cheers!

Oliver91 said:
Hi Guys,

Can I use the braudino on a much bigger system? planning on building a 200l-500l system. Of course the pump and the heating elements will be way more powerful, thermostat? If so waht do i have to take in to consideration?

Lael, I also just PM you.

Cheers!
your going to have to decribe the system a lil more, but in principle you can control any size system, just more relays. Note I say this because this controller was designed for a recirculating electric single vessel, if you have multiple vessels, your process control will be more complicated and at that size it would be better to go with something specifically tailored to multiple vessels.

MB

MastersBrewery said:
your going to have to decribe the system a lil more, but in principle you can control any size system, just more relays. Note I say this because this controller was designed for a recirculating electric single vessel, if you have multiple vessels, your process control will be more complicated and at that size it would be better to go with something specifically tailored to multiple vessels.
MB
Sorry about not specifying. I want build one syngle vessel system,a 200-500l braumeister clone. Labour will cost me cheap and I'll have the tanks made of stainless steell 304 food grade with the dimensions I want. So I was thinking about using the brauduino as the brain. Not sure yet if building a 200 or 500l. What you guys think?

We want pics!! Mate sounds good as I said your only limited per relay (and obviously whats avaliable at the socket) more relays more power. So if you have the power avaliable in your brew space you can use the controller to switch it with relays.

Hi,

Could you please advise if you have any kits available. Have been brewing BIAB for a few years and would like to go to build a RIM with a controller. Cheers

MastersBrewery said:
We want pics!! Mate sounds good as I said your only limited per relay (and obviously whats avaliable at the socket) more relays more power. So if you have the power avaliable in your brew space you can use the controller to switch it with relays.
Mike's actually right. I think the board can probably drive up to around 4/6 SSRs off the heater port depending on the power needs of the SSR to switch. Of course, you would need to cut a custom box to suit. 200L should be possible on 40A@240(though very slow and I wouldn't want to do it). 500L? unsure.

ok - so here is a calculator. http://processheatingservices.com/water-heating-time-calculator
If you maxed out the Brauduino as sold in a kit and used 9.6Kw heating (2x 4800w heaters or 2x20A @240v). It would take 2 hrs to get 200L from 20C to 100C.
It would take 291 minutes to get 500L from 20C to 100C :p (please don't waste your life like this).
It would take 58 minutes to get 100L to 100C from 20C - which is less time than I normally mash for... and would make for a nicely efficient brew day!

lael said:
Mike's actually right. I think the board can probably drive up to around 4/6 SSRs off the heater port depending on the power needs of the SSR to switch. Of course, you would need to cut a custom box to suit. 200L should be possible on 40A@240(though very slow and I wouldn't want to do it). 500L? unsure.

ok - so here is a calculator. http://processheatingservices.com/water-heating-time-calculator
If you maxed out the Brauduino as sold in a kit and used 9.6Kw heating (2x 4800w heaters or 2x20A @240v). It would take 2 hrs to get 200L from 20C to 100C.
It would take 291 minutes to get 500L from 20C to 100C :p (please don't waste your life like this).
It would take 58 minutes to get 100L to 100C from 20C - which is less time than I normally mash for... and would make for a nicely efficient brew day!
Thanks guys!

I will aim to build a 200l system. Lael, so you think with the braudino kit as sold it will be prettty slow? how does the BM 200l is set?
What is available at the socket is not going to be a problem i think, im setting up the brewhouse in an old car garage, it is triphasic and some big equipments are and were running in the past.

Cheers,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,
Kind of. The big question is how many kilowatts of heat you will put into the 200L? That will determine how fast or slow it heats. How many elements? What voltage per line?

There are ways to increase the heating outputs if needed.

Have you calculated your mash schedules? Eg:
Mine are normally something like 5mins@55, 10mins@62, 45mins@66, 10mins@72, 10mins@78 for mashout. You will have to wait for the temp rise, so... 1.5hr mash schedule appx + 1.5hrs Temp rise + 90min boil...

More heat = less waiting.

Lael is on track, the controller isn't the issue; I don't know where you are and in this thread particularly we've had posters from around the world. Before heading further down this path you probably should have a chat with a local electrician. The power requirements for boiling 200L are comercial grade outlets; I'm no sparky but I'd guess 3 phase power would be needed.

To give you an idea the 200L BM uses 3x 3000w elements on 3 phase power. So with the right power available it can be done.

Sad day for me, After much planning, drawing and dreaming, I have decided to sell my controller.

The kit hasn't been constructed only taken out of the post bag and drooled over, (drool has been cleaned up).

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

hi not sure were or how to get buy a brauduino \ controller any one have one for sale and can post to adelaide please thanks garry

Morning all,

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Lael, I received a kit from him yesterday and it is a really well thought out and finished product. Anyone who is thinking of getting one, do it before he runs out of kits!

Cheers,
Brett

Latest posts

Back