The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh well, I'm over it. Why dont we have our own conference... starring us!

We don't need any fancy people like John Palmer and Phil Sexytongue and Jamil Zainashazanamaleff.

We don't need to pay large sums of money for flights, entry fees or *cough* commercial beer.

I think I'll sit at home, count my pennies, jump on AHB, have a bit of a chat and sip some quality home-made beer :)

That should be qualified with the word "Absolute" and were are enjoying every minute!!

Korev

PS off out for tea and some more sampling!!

081021_JZ_and_BC.jpg

I think I'll sit at home, count my pennies, jump on AHB, have a bit of a chat and sip some quality home-made beer :)

I haven't said anything in this thread up until now (I think!), but I will break my silence:

"Bastards."

Don't want to gloat ..........but I will. I'm going to ANHC

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Me too. Arriving mid-afternoon Wednesday.

Off to accom and then to the Royston, Mountain Goat and perhaps the Local Taphouse...just to keep myself busy.

I may visit Alexanders Cigars on Thurs morning, coz I can.

Airport (no Beer), during the flight (no beer), airport (no beer), transfer (no beer), accommodation (no beer) --- will be thirsty by then, think we should get in some liver stretching practice Les?

I am in Melbourne already, and went for a wander from QV Markets down to the Angliss Centre this morning.

Those lifts have quite the view going up to Level 5 don't they?

I wandered around like I owned the joint, and no one queried me, stuck my head in the various conference facilities there on Level 5 and gave it the general tick of approval.

I also wandered up the entire length of Little Bourke St (up the Parliament end) and found Mrs Parmas, stuck my head in there too and it looks OK. As others have said they do Vic regional brews, Nhyll is it? Most Parmas are in the low $20 range.

I didn't bother going over to Fed Square, will leave that for Thursday night. Caught the tram back towards where I'm staying at Maribynong, and ended up in the Union pub in Ascot Vale having a bucket full of Boags Draught, which compared to the Carlton Draught they serve tasted like ambrosia :) Gotta love these Zone 1 Metcards for $5-6 apiece, means you can travel all day on the one ticket, getting on and off trams and trains at whim.

Might head towards some places with a better range of beers tomorrow, ah decisions!

Hope all that are travelling here have a good trip. Love the pix of Woodend pub, I have zactly the same shots in May this year when we went up there for Mother's Day. Their beers were great too.

I look forward to meeting all those friends I haven't met yet over a few convivial beers :)

Cheerz Wabster

I'll be arriving in town around 8 on Thursday night - see you all at Transport.

I'm getting in early afternoon tomorrow. Will be heading to BeerDeluxe in the afternoon, hopefully around 3. In the evening will be heading to the Royston with a couple of others. Come along if you are about. I don't know what I will be wearing but I will be the guy with the backpack full of camera gear, laptops and other gadgets.

PS Suck it Adam.

I'll be arriving in town around 8 on Thursday night - see you all at Transport.
Gee, I hope so. Can't say that I'll be seeing so well, though. :lol:

Thursday might be a long day.

So, Screwtop, were you thinking of the Royston or something closer?
I'll pm you my mobile number.

reading all this really feel like just jumping on a plane and head over there. Don't know if the wife would be happy with that though hope everyone heading over has a safe trip and a great time (not happy Jan)

Who's staying at the Hotel Pensione on spencer? I will be there Wednesday 1.30 ish.There is talk they were putting a bar down stairs.?
GB

Any ideas regarding the dress code for the Gala Dinner. Looks like there a big enough break to duck back to the hotel and change, but then again one might miss out a few pre dinner drinks.

BYB - PM me your e-mail and I will download the files and send them to you, just to try and eliminate any downloading error. Might help.

Problem solved. Managed to get the file through the work computer. Big bloody file though.

BYB

Any ideas regarding the dress code for the Gala Dinner. Looks like there a big enough break to duck back to the hotel and change, but then again one might miss out a few pre dinner drinks.

Hey Brissy, I believe it was advertised as "Casual - Smart" if that helps. I would say a casual dinner jacket, no tie required sort of affair.. well, at least that's what I'll be wearing.

Hey Brissy, I believe it was advertised as "Casual - Smart" if that helps. I would say a casual dinner jacket, no tie required sort of affair.. well, at least that's what I'll be wearing.

as long as it isn't a suited affair, too much to carry down

Latest posts

Back