The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another noob question from me, i do live in melbourne and sorta wanna go to this thing.
is it free entree? ive been to the website but am just as lost, please someone guide this dumb monkey!!!!

Another noob question from me, i do live in melbourne and sorta wanna go to this thing.
is it free entree? ive been to the website but am just as lost, please someone guide this dumb monkey!!!!

If you wanted to go to the conference parts (9.00 am - 5.00pm) you pay less. $110 a day sounds familiar. The Friday night and Saturday night deals add more to the cost.

The Thursday drinking session starting at Mrs parmas and finishing at Transport is free except if you are in a shout with me. By that, you pay for what you drink.

The file is damaged and could not be repaired. Does anyone else have this message come up when clicking on either the beer guide or the tourist guide. :unsure:

BYB

I'm guessing you tried to open the file directly in your browser?

Right click the file instead, and select 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'. Once it's downloaded, open it in Acrobat and Bob's your uncle.
Just tested both the beer and tourist guide using the above method and they're OK.

Cheers,
reVox

You do realise that experience in interpreting Melbourne weather forecasts is required here. "Min 7. Max 20" (Thursday) means: It will be 7 for most of the day, peaking at nearly 20 for around 30 minutes, at some random time around the afternoon. In the same vane, "Showers Clearing" means It will be raining for the majority of the day, except for some random point where it'll appear to be clearing, before slipping back into rain again. "Fine" means cold, windy and generally miserable.

What is this "raining" thing you mention. You're obvious not from 'round here ;)

What is this "raining" thing you mention. You're obvious not from 'round here ;)

Im gonna +1 this big time, im allways hearing about how bloody cold and miserable Melbourne is, but every time ive been there the weather has been mint, and thats not even going down the path of what an awesome city Melbourne is IMO...

I do admit my "data" may be 12-13 years old, but it was a good 2 years worth of "research"... :p

I've been here for 4 years now. When I first got here 4 seasons in one day were real. I shit you not when one day it started nice and warm at 24C and by 4pm it was 10C outside and raining. In december.

However, of late, its been much more stable.. but still cyclical. i.e. you get warm days, then cool, then warm, then cool.. it goes up and down during the week. Usually a cool batch of 3-4 and then warming for 3-4 and then dropping back sharply to cool.

Lately the warm days have stayed warm, so don't fret about the weather. Bring a jumper for Thursday though.

Does anyone know if dinner tickets can be bought separately?? I want to know incase I befriend anyone who might be going on Sat night.. :party: but I dont really wanna go if I'm gonna be a loner dork sitting in the corner though.. although after a couple of shandys.. :beerbang: :party:

I'm guessing you tried to open the file directly in your browser?

Right click the file instead, and select 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'. Once it's downloaded, open it in Acrobat and Bob's your uncle.
Just tested both the beer and tourist guide using the above method and they're OK.

Cheers,
reVox

Nup still can't open it. Beats the shit out of me. I have other PDF files that I can open but not these ones.

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired"

BYB

Nup still can't open it. Beats the shit out of me. I have other PDF files that I can open but not these ones.

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired"

BYB

Frigin wrecker :lol:

Does anyone know if dinner tickets can be bought separately?? I want to know incase I befriend anyone who might be going on Sat night.. :party: but I dont really wanna go if I'm gonna be a loner dork sitting in the corner though.. although after a couple of shandys.. :beerbang: :party:

250 home brewers - if you can't find someone to talk to, you aren't really trying ! :beer:

Since the weather according to BOM should be a little above Melbourne standard I will be wearing my Barossa Brewers Club polo. I will try the guides again later.

BYB
Arriving Wednesday, If its cool I will have a Everlast zip front on, If its warm look for a guy with Tatts and his hair tied back (Glass's optional) comical bit of hair under lower lip. :icon_cheers:
GB

Hey all,
Good to see a few of the older names still here and coming down into Melb this weekend.
I have been overseas working and offline for a quite a while now and are lucky to be back for a week R&R.

Will try to get in on the Thursday afternoon/night session.

Cheers and good luck to all in the Nat's.

Luke

BYB - PM me your e-mail and I will download the files and send them to you, just to try and eliminate any downloading error. Might help.

Jamil Sighting - Woodend 12:45 21 Oct 2008

Rare US migrating beer nerd species sighted at the Holgate Brewhouse in Woodend

Korev

081021_Holgate_Woodend_Jamil_1.jpg

Me too. Arriving mid-afternoon Wednesday.

Off to accom and then to the Royston, Mountain Goat and perhaps the Local Taphouse...just to keep myself busy.

I may visit Alexanders Cigars on Thurs morning, coz I can.

I haven't said anything in this thread up until now (I think!), but I will break my silence:

"Bastards." :(

Back