The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, also, I'm an South Australian boy living in Melbourne... so if any of the Barossa boys could bring me over a stick of Barossa METTWURST I will fix you up with the $$$ when I meet you!

:)

Hi Kieran, I'm a big fan of mettwurst too. It was the saving grace on long days in the car with parents touring the wineries...

Come and introduce yourself at the conference. If past experience is anything to go by, you'll recognise me fairly easily from my avatar.

nah mate, not at all. :)

Made my last batch of Snags only 6 weeks ago. Was damn good too. I just haven't ventured into fermented sausages.. I am a biochemist after all, and am aware of the dangers of playing around with potentially vicious microorganisms in an uncontrolled environment. I don't want to turn my fermented snags into a bioreactor.. and I know the chances are near impossible with 'starter culture' and good technique, but I don't even know what is in the starter culture (and the scientist in me wants to know). :) Garibaldi II, my house won't be. Ever.

You going to be at the ANHC stagga?

Oh yeah, also, I'm an South Australian boy living in Melbourne... so if any of the Barossa boys could bring me over a stick of Barossa METTWURST I will fix you up with the $$$ when I meet you!

:)

PM sent. I looove my metty :icon_drool2:

BYB

nah mate, not at all. :)

Made my last batch of Snags only 6 weeks ago. Was damn good too. I just haven't ventured into fermented sausages.. I am a biochemist after all, and am aware of the dangers of playing around with potentially vicious microorganisms in an uncontrolled environment. I don't want to turn my fermented snags into a bioreactor.. and I know the chances are near impossible with 'starter culture' and good technique, but I don't even know what is in the starter culture (and the scientist in me wants to know). :) Garibaldi II, my house won't be. Ever.

You going to be at the ANHC stagga?

No mate, sadly I won`t be,my budget doesn`t allow for such excess :lol:
Would`ve liked to catch up for a drink tho.
Speaking of the snags, did you ever get that picture of the wild pig that bloke shot in N.T. that I sent you a couple of years ago?

staggalee.

No mate, sadly I won`t be,my budget doesn`t allow for such excess :lol:
Would`ve liked to catch up for a drink tho.
Speaking of the snags, did you ever get that picture of the wild pig that bloke shot in N.T. that I sent you a couple of years ago?

staggalee.

Yeah I did. Bigger than the UTE as I recall. Probably make some good Deftige Rostbratwurst with that monster. Although you'd probably need to triple the brandy content to match the strength of the wild hog meat.

If the anhc becomes an annual thing, start putting a dollar a day away and I'll see you next year! :)

[post="0"]Mrs Parmas [/post]would be my pick if your short on time as ******* about with public transport when you don't know where your going can be a real time drainer. James Squire Brewhouse & Cookie are also close by.

Edit: Meant in reply to Bonj.

If you're going to James Squire Brewhouse on Russell Street for beer, that's cool. They used to have 10/10 Parmas there but the food has seriously gone to shit there recently (not sure if its the brewhouse's fault or the Portland Hotel's fault -- where the kitchen is). I won't eat there again. If you're over at the Docklands Precinct, the James Squire Brewhouse there has excellent Pork Ribs. That is worth the trip. The kitchen at the Docklands is much better than the one in Russell Street. Its just a long walk all the way down the dock to get to there!

G'day guys. I'll be there.
I'll be recognisable by my beer-related T-shirts. :lol:

Keen to buy some vinyl while in town. LP's silly..., not that kinky stuff (bit hot for that now) ;) . Can anyone direct me?

Beerz
Les :p

There used to be a little record store in Melbourne somewhere that had fairly regular live bands. I seem to recall they sold quite a bit of vinyl. I only went there once though, so I can't remember where it was or what it was called. It stocked a lot of Au Go Go (label) stuff. If anyone else knows about it, that might be a good place.

Well sounds settled (or as settled as a bunch of homebrewers can be). If you have no where else to be at 4.00pm on Thursday its Mrs Parma's. We start wandering back to the Transport (bus tour ends 7.00pm so no real point being there before that) so we hit the James Squire Brewhouse (Russell Street) for a roadie. If time permits, we swing by Young & Jacksons for a quick house ale, then across the road (literally) to Transport.

Three more sleeps !

By the way, anyone got accomodation to spare ? I haven't booked yet but anyone want to split an apartment or something ? I do snore but don't bite !

Well sounds settled (or as settled as a bunch of homebrewers can be). If you have no where else to be at 4.00pm on Thursday its Mrs Parma's. We start wandering back to the Transport (bus tour ends 7.00pm so no real point being there before that) so we hit the James Squire Brewhouse (Russell Street) for a roadie. If time permits, we swing by Young & Jacksons for a quick house ale, then across the road (literally) to Transport.

Three more sleeps !

By the way, anyone got accomodation to spare ? I haven't booked yet but anyone want to split an apartment or something ? I do snore but don't bite !

mikelinz was organising packpacker accommodation back here, and last I heard there was still 3 places going.

note you will have to put up with a room full of snoring, wheezing ... and other less pleasant distractions

Hey guys,

for everyone coming in from out of town, the long awaited MElbourne Tourist Guide is out on the website now... plenty of news on shopping, events, places to go, places to eat, and (of course) places to drink!

Andy

Hey guys,

for everyone coming in from out of town, the long awaited MElbourne Tourist Guide is out on the website now... plenty of news on shopping, events, places to go, places to eat, and (of course) places to drink!

Andy

The file is damaged and could not be repaired. Does anyone else have this message come up when clicking on either the beer guide or the tourist guide. :unsure:

BYB

They worked for me BYB

Great guides by the way - should keep you out of towners entertained for a day or three

BTW - I shall attempt to be at Mrs Parmas for the 4:00pm meeting of minds. I shall be sporting my new logo... which will arrive on here shortly.

TB

They worked for me BYB

Great guides by the way - should keep you out of towners entertained for a day or three

BTW - I shall attempt to be at Mrs Parmas for the 4:00pm meeting of minds. I shall be sporting my new logo... which will arrive on here shortly.

TB

Since the weather according to BOM should be a little above Melbourne standard I will be wearing my Barossa Brewers Club polo. I will try the guides again later.

BYB

Since the weather according to BOM should be a little above Melbourne standard I will be wearing my Barossa Brewers Club polo. I will try the guides again later.

You do realise that experience in interpreting Melbourne weather forecasts is required here. "Min 7. Max 20" (Thursday) means: It will be 7 for most of the day, peaking at nearly 20 for around 30 minutes, at some random time around the afternoon. In the same vane, "Showers Clearing" means It will be raining for the majority of the day, except for some random point where it'll appear to be clearing, before slipping back into rain again. "Fine" means cold, windy and generally miserable.

Hi guys

I have 21 beds (dorm rooms with ensuites) booked out at Nomads backpackers. Only 16 bums in them so far (Mostly melbourne brewers) anyone needing a bed drop me a line. $26.10 per night and about .5km from the venue.

mike kennedy
[email protected]

Back