The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as long as it isn't a suited affair, too much to carry down

reVox is right - pretty casual, leaning towards smart (and I will probably mean leaning by the time Saturday night rolls around! :) )

Andy

QUOTE (Gryphon Brewing @ Oct 21 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Who's staying at the Hotel Pensione on spencer? I will be there Wednesday 1.30 ish.There is talk they were putting a bar down stairs.?
GB

I'll be there at about 3 PM. I may be wearing a Stone Brewing T-shirt.
:D

I stayed at the Hot Pens this April, great place, this Oct though its to cheaperish digs (family coming Thursday and Hot Pens had no available connecting ruums) so its down to Sth Yarra.
Kurtz and Ophelia are flying out tomorrow morn and should hit town sorta circa 10 ish.
Meester Weizguy..call me on 0408 789 943 .. we can mert fur a beer...

reVox is right - pretty casual, leaning towards smart (and I will probably mean leaning by the time Saturday night rolls around! smile.gif )

Andy

So is a T-shirt too casual, its the only thing I can fit into....

Wish i was coming down Wednesday, but will see you all on Thurs :party:
Can't wait to catch up with old friends & new...

cheers & beers Ross

So is a T-shirt too casual, its the only thing I can fit into....

Hopefully not the same shirt you might have been wearing throughout the conference :p

If you run out, we have some nice new shirts available... :) (plug, plug, wink, wink :icon_cheers: )

Andy

QUOTE (Gryphon Brewing @ Oct 21 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Who's staying at the Hotel Pensione on spencer? I will be there Wednesday 1.30 ish.There is talk they were putting a bar down stairs.?
GB

I'll be there at about 3 PM. I may be wearing a Stone Brewing T-shirt.
:D
I will try and find a bottle shop and see you and others? on the roof about 3-30pm Wednesday.Yes I will be the one looking lonely :icon_drunk: My mate arrives later (4.30 ish) but wants to head for little creatures for the evening,Im just open to what ever.
Gb

Smart Casual Polo with elegant coat it is then , jolly good, looking foward to a few chukkas down Spencer Street ho ho ho , swimmingly funny really ..show those Melbourne Mounted Lumberjacks a few things what oh !!

K

So on Friday does the bar open at 8:30am or do we have to wait until 9am? :icon_cheers:

LOL, I will reiterate the "bastards" call. +1 :p

That is unless someone is willing to fly me down and put me up for the weekend....just need a quiet corner somewhere..... How 'bout it Ross :p

Take lots of pics guys! At least for us, the 'unwashed', I believe the conference will be covered by Basic Brewing Radio... Please tell me if this is not correct AndyD!

Have a good conference guys, very jealous. First call for next year's conference to be based in BrisVegas!!! All of us (that'll be 3 or 4 of us...at least me and Kram) at BABBs will be thinking of you.... :)

Cheers

Just a heads up for the non-regulars who are in town tomorrow.

On Wednesday nights the Royston usually has a quite popular triva night. The place gets reasonably packed. I can only assume it is still on tomorrow.

So it might be worth planning to get to the Royston earlier in the afternoon, then transfer to the goat when the place starts to fill up with trivia people.

If you arrive at the goat fairly early on a Wednesday night (opens at about 5:00pm), there is a reasonably high chance of bumping into the actual brewers etc.. still at work or just finishing. They will answer questions if you trap them in a corner

I may well slip down to the Royston and the Goat myself tomorrow. Why not get started early?

Thirsty

I'm also at the Pensione but am heading to Beer Deluxe tomorrow afternoon.

Is it wrong to start warming up now at home? :D

Practice makes perfect Kook, and I think we're gonna need all the practice we can get!

I'm also at the Pensione but am heading to Beer Deluxe tomorrow afternoon.

Beer Deluxe sounds tempting. I've got something organised for lunch/early arvo at Footscray and can catch a train into the City for a few beers after. I probably won't go out to the Goat and Royston (Take trams 48 or 75 (from Flinders St) along Bridge Rd, or the 24 or 109 (from Collins St) along Victoria St) as I'm doing the Brewery tour Thursday night, but who knows after a few beers :)

If anyone wants to give me a call my number is 0412 78 6363, Mark Herron,

Cheerz Wabster

Any ideas regarding the dress code for the Gala Dinner. Looks like there a big enough break to duck back to the hotel and change, but then again one might miss out a few pre dinner drinks.

I for one don't have enough time to go back to where I am staying and get changed anyway, so I'll be wearing the same cargo duds with a collared Tshirt and sleeveless vest that I'll be wearing on Saturday. Come the end of the conference at the Angliss Centre, I assume we will just catch a tram - any ideas which tram numbers? - over to the Ormond Centre and enjoy the Belgian place until the festivities begin :)

Cheerz Wabster

Just a heads up for the non-regulars who are in town tomorrow.

On Wednesday nights the Royston usually has a quite popular triva night. The place gets reasonably packed. I can only assume it is still on tomorrow.

Thirsty

And bingo for the 50++ maybe and hopefully two up out back for the -40 :D

BYB

I may well slip down to the Royston and the Goat myself tomorrow. Why not get started early?

Thirsty
Why not indeed? I'll be starting as soon as I hit the roof @ La Pensione (if GB would be kind enough to buy me a couple of good beers? - favour to be returned later). Maybe Dr K can catch up there as well. ;)

Still keen for the Royston (see ya there Thirsty - was gonna say that I'll be the ugly one, but that won't set me apart from the other guys, will it?) , Mountain Goat and the Local Taproom tonight.

I'm goin' to a party, I'm goin' to a party...la la la :beer:

Les up and out

Back