The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great idea Thisty! We were actually considering name badges for delegates, and it might not be too much of a stretch to put the AHB and/or their club logo's on the badges as well...

Good one!

Andy

Top Idea TB!!

SWMBO has said i *should* go... so price depending i'll be there!

Got something lined up already in Brisbane for the Saturday, but might be able to do the Thursday/Friday.

I'm excited.
SWMBO has been on my back for the past 6 months about us going for a trip to Melbourne this year, and she has no objections to the AHNC dates. And yes, she does know my motives. So far I know of a few definites and a few highly likelies coming from Brisbane.

That's great news Chad!

Let them know to register so that they have a chance at winning the free conference pass !

Andy

I am definitely keen to go to this. It is close enough to my birthday that I could maybe wrangle it as a present! :unsure:

I am very supportive of a Brisbane/SEQ brewers bus trip - sure to be a memorable experience.....

Cheers - Snow

memorable... i doubt that.....

i doubt we will remember anything at all!!

HAHAHA

memorable... i doubt that.....

i doubt we will remember anything at all!!

HAHAHA

I know I know....that's what photos and video are for! Hmmm..... maybe video isn't such a good idea :unsure:

Looks like John Preston (a'la Grain & Grape) is the force behind this concept - good on him. I love reading his coverage of the American National Homebrew Conference. Pretty handy that he's managed to get hold of 2/280 Whitehall Street as conference headquarters - just 3 doors down from G&G!

I also noticed his 'brewing philosophy' is listed on the site as "You want that crushed when?" - which is the exact response I received at 10 this morning when I asked for two bags of his finest...! Sorry John. I really must get a grain mill...

Best of luck with the organisation between here and there...I'm signed up and raring to go.

Cheers!

Best of luck guys, happy to play second fiddle this year ;)

I'm a Commonwealth public servant, so transport to Canberra would be easier.

Mind you, if you want to come to Adelaide...............

Awrabest,

stu

Yep Bugwan,

John is certainly the instigator of our little troop. We're using his address as the company contact b/c he's the secretary, but at the same time he's really concerned about having this look/feel like a G&G enterprise, which it is most definitely not.

Just in case anyone out there is wondering, we've set up a not-for-profit organisation for this event, and with the possible exception of the money we've all put in privately to get this off the ground (and limitted to that amount), any residual funds will be kept in reserve by the company for the purpose of running future ANHC events.

None of us are in this to make the big $$$ ;)

Wee Stu - sorry to hear that - the drive over's not too bad you know :)

Andy

Another Queenslander in! The wife actually encouraged me to go - I married a great woman!

Only problem - not sure how I'm going to be able to wait 7 months.....

Cheers,
Michael.

Looks like we are going to have a large contingent from Qld at the conference. It's going to be 3 magic days :party: Bring it on :icon_chickcheers:

As Michael says, it's going to be a long wait....

Cheers Ross

bloody hell, Queenslanders all over the place, in Melbourne, in October... you wont be able to hear yourself for all the bitching about how cold it is :rolleyes:

bloody hell, Queenslanders all over the place, in Melbourne, in October... you wont be able to hear yourself for all the bitching about how cold it is :rolleyes:

Oh, come on! Some of our best weather is in October. They will love the place, especially since it won't be flooded... :rolleyes:

G'day all!

While probably not of interest to everyone, the ACN for the organisation is 130 147 607 - so now we're legit :)

Andy

Latest posts

Back