Test Tube Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Hutch,
My wife is the guru of the yeast farming. She does slants and has written up a three page information sheet gleened from many different websites. She has had no failures as of yet. We have about 9 different yeasts in the inventory.
She can send it to you in a word document if you would like.
Cheers,
Bud

G'day Bud,

I have a great guide to slanting that I printed out years ago. Just checked the website & the info is gone. :( I plan to get my guide scanned after the Christmas break to give others a copy of it if they want it.

That said, I would love a copy of your missus's imformation sheets if that's possible as I reckon you can never have enough info.

PM me for my email addy if it's ok?

TP :beer:

I started another thread with another BB on test tubes for a later date but was informed that I wont be able to get them in ctns of 1000 after the 3 they had were gone. I have bought the additional 3rd ctn so register your interest on this thread:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry389675
I have put a couple of members names down already so they wont miss out a second time. Sorry if I missed anyone.
once they are gone they are gone.
Cheers
Sully

Almost forgot.

What with this flurry of test tube buying you really need something to store them in.
Here is a good selection of test tube holders at a reasonable price. Linky

Almost forgot.

What with this flurry of test tube buying you really need something to store them in.

Thats what i want

Rook

Hi All,

Here is a link to the aforementioned presentation on slantings.

Its pretty rough and ready, but gives the general idea on how to do it, trying to show what you can get away with doing at minimal expense.

Note I have absolutely no lab or medical experience, but has seemed to have work ok to date.

Would welcome any feedback on suggestions and updates.

Almost forgot.

I will get a price on a Bulk Buy today from the mob I am getting the TT from.

Cheers

Sully

G'day Bud,

I have a great guide to slanting that I printed out years ago. Just checked the website & the info is gone. :( I plan to get my guide scanned after the Christmas break to give others a copy of it if they want it.

That said, I would love a copy of your missus's imformation sheets if that's possible as I reckon you can never have enough info.

PM me for my email addy if it's ok?

G'day TP,

We have had many requests for the info. Wife is busy putting it on our website so we will post the link in an hour or so.
All are welcome to it
tongue.gif

And everyone have fun farming your yeast.....I personally don't have the patience, so I am lucky to have a wife that does!
Almost 3000 test tubes gone....WOW :D

Cheers,
Bud

Almost 3000 test tubes gone....WOW

Yes all those test tubes Sully could be getting a visit from George W's Bio team.

Hi all,

Here is the link to the Blue Dog yeast production department!

http://www.tigereye.net.au/bluedog/slants.html

I am sure Mrs. Budwiser will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have, you can use the email on the web page if you like.

It is now 20 minutes past beer o'clock!
party.gif

And she deserves a brewski.

Cheers,
Budwiser

Hi all,

I am sure Mrs. Budwiser will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have, you can use the email on the web page if you like.

party.gif

Cheers,
Budwiser

Top work, nice and easy to understand

Rook

Hi all,

party.gif

Cheers,
Budwiser

Worthy of a new topic and a sticky since there are many new yeast farmers on board.... Mods how about it???

Oh, just an update, 1000 sorted, 2000 to go....

Worthy of a new topic and a sticky since there are many new yeast farmers on board.... Mods how about it???

Oh, just an update, 1000 sorted, 2000 to go....

+1 on that one, it's a great resource for people like me who like a straightforward guide :)

Almost 3000 test tubes gone....WOW

Yes all those test tubes Sully could be getting a visit from George W's Bio team.

yeah, the great yeast infection epidemic.... No don't go there...... :rolleyes:

Just an update

I have received everyone's monies, thanks for getting it in fast. I have sorted them and will be packing and shipping today/tomorrow. If anyone wants more, there is still 200 left in the #2 Bulk Buy.

Cheers

Sully

Almost forgot.

Sully, did they get back to you on the test tube holders?

Rook

Sully, did they get back to you on the test tube holders?

Rook
Oh, yeah...

60 tube holder in either red, blue, yellow, white

their price was $16.50 ea +GST, 5% discount for 20+, 20% discount for 80+

ProScitech web price is still cheaper at $12.00, not sure if that is including or plus GST

I will get back to them early next year and see if I can negotiate a better deal.

Cheers

Sully.

Hey Sully if you do a bulk buy for TT holders put me down for one, blue if i get a choice!

Merry Christmas you legend!

Coz

UPDATE...

Half have been packed and will be in the post today. will get the others done over the course of the weekend.

I should upload a photo, Test Tubes everywhere.. Getting some odd looks from guests too.... :blink:

Cozmo, I will check into the racks in the new year. Proscitech seems to be the way to go though by the looks of it,. If there was any discount for BB, by the time I get them shipped to me to distribute it probably wont be worth it.

Cheers

Sully

Great to hear sully that they are getting sent out...

I am about to put my Fly Blown Belgian into secondary and want to put the yeast into some test tubes :)

Latest posts

Back