Bulk Buy: 240v Food Grade Magnetic Drive Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfy: 1x MP-15RM
jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM
YippieKayYay: 1 x MP-15R
I like beer: 1x MP-15RM
Beerdrinkingbob 1 x MP-20rm
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
ArnieW: 1x MP-15RM
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM
Gobern 1x MP -15RM
MattC 1 x MP - 15RM - PAID

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM
Beerdrinkingbob 1 x MP-20rm PAID
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM
Gobern 1x MP -15RM

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM PAID
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM PAID
Gobern 1x MP -15RM

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM PAID
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
ArnieW: 1x MP-15RM PAID
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM PAID
Gobern 1x MP -15RM

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

Most payments are in (or people have contacted me asking for an invoice) so it's likely the order will be placed in the next day or two.

Wolfy: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
YippieKayYay: 1 x MP-15RM (Changed to RM)
I like beer: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
Beerdrinkingbob 1 x MP-20RM - Paid
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM
ArnieW: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM - Paid
Gobern 1x MP -15RM - Paid
MattC 1 x MP - 15RM - Paid

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

YippieKayYay: 1 x MP-15RM - Paid
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM - (Info needed before sending invoice)

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

BUGGER! Should keep a closer eye on the bulk buy threads.

In in one maybe two for round two if they work.

Waiting List...

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM
Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R
Wolfman 1 x MP-15RM

Everyone's payment is in my PayPal account, thanks for making it so quick and easy.

However, I'm still communicating with the representative of a pump manufacturer who may be able to supply the same pumps cheaper (by about ~$15 for MP-15 and ~$5 for MP-20) in more flexible quantities with slightly cheaper shipping, but it will take another day or two to finalize things before placing the order.

If anyone else is interested in purchasing a pump in the Bulk Buy, add yourself to the waiting list now, then if/when I get things confirmed and you can pay promptly via PayPal, it may be possible to include more in the order.

The MP-15's will be 'old stock' green with 1/2 inch fittings, while (it's possible) the MP-20's will be the newer yellow model.

----------

To provide everyone involved in the Bulk Buy with all the information I have, here are selected email quotes from the manufacturer/representative mentioned above:

"We can change pumps to food grade,which kind of food that you need pump it? diffrent food we use diffrent fittings inside the pump."
In regard to if these pumps are the same as all the various others that appear to be the same:
"...because too many company buy our pumps then use their own trademark, the MP pump showed on websit looks same as our products"
"I am sure this is same pump ,everything is same ...
I cannt lie the pump can work in 100C, maybe it can work fine in first month,but the life of pump will be very short. that why I always tell you cannt above 80C."

But when I explained the pumps would not be used continuously at 100C:
"Maybe our pump can work at 100 degrees for a long time,but in theory, the material have different coefficients of expansion, we think when pump work at 100 degree temperatures, different coefficients of expansion will affect the stability of the product, reduce the use life of the product. In general, for published parameters, our factory are relatively conservative, we can ensure that the product in 80 degrees has been able to work normally. But can not guarantee product at 100 degrees normal work."
He also suggested that there is a 'household beer machine' manufacturer from NZ buys his MP-10RN pumps, and there is only one product I can think of that matches that description.
and that "In our country, our MP pump is consistent with a food grade, but I don't know in your country if is standard. But my New Zealand customers use MP pump in the beer machine".

Since his email includes the company website ( http://kaixinpump.com/en/About.asp ) I'm inclined to believe that 'his' factory make the pumps, and that they're the same as what we'd order else where. Still uncertain about the how they will go pumping boiling wort, but I can't imagine that buying them from him rather than the initial supplier will make any difference in that regard.

After dozens of emails, he's just (10 mins ago) complicated things even more by pointing out they have stainless booster pumps.

Oooo.... Stainless. Looks like there's a twist in this tale...

Everyone's payment is in my PayPal account, thanks for making it so quick and easy.

However, I'm still communicating with the representative of a pump manufacturer who may be able to supply the same pumps cheaper (by about ~$15 for MP-15 and ~$5 for MP-20) in more flexible quantities with slightly cheaper shipping, but it will take another day or two to finalize things before placing the order.

If anyone else is interested in purchasing a pump in the Bulk Buy, add yourself to the waiting list now, then if/when I get things confirmed and you can pay promptly via PayPal, it may be possible to include more in the order.

The MP-15's will be 'old stock' green with 1/2 inch fittings, while (it's possible) the MP-20's will be the newer yellow model.

----------

To provide everyone involved in the Bulk Buy with all the information I have, here are selected email quotes from the manufacturer/representative mentioned above:

"We can change pumps to food grade,which kind of food that you need pump it? diffrent food we use diffrent fittings inside the pump."
In regard to if these pumps are the same as all the various others that appear to be the same:
"...because too many company buy our pumps then use their own trademark, the MP pump showed on websit looks same as our products"
I cannt lie the pump can work in 100C, maybe it can work fine in first month,but the life of pump will be very short. that why I always tell you cannt above 80C."

"Maybe our pump can work at 100 degrees for a long time,but in theory, the material have different coefficients of expansion, we think when pump work at 100 degree temperatures, different coefficients of expansion will affect the stability of the product, reduce the use life of the product. In general, for published parameters, our factory are relatively conservative, we can ensure that the product in 80 degrees has been able to work normally. But can not guarantee product at 100 degrees normal work."
He also suggested that there is a 'household beer machine' manufacturer from NZ buys his MP-10RN pumps, and there is only one product I can think of that matches that description.
and that "In our country, our MP pump is consistent with a food grade, but I don't know in your country if is standard. But my New Zealand customers use MP pump in the beer machine".

Since his email includes the company website ( http://kaixinpump.com/en/About.asp ) I'm inclined to believe that 'his' factory make the pumps, and that they're the same as what we'd order else where. Still uncertain about the how they will go pumping boiling wort, but I can't imagine that buying them from him rather than the initial supplier will make any difference in that regard.

After dozens of emails, he's just (10 mins ago) complicated things even more by pointing out they have stainless booster pumps.

Oooo.... Stainless. Looks like there's a twist in this tale...
"The impeller is stainless steel, in order to secure and clean transporting food, usually with food contact portion, is made up of sanitary stainless steel composition.
I dont structure diagram, its structure is similar to ordinary booster pump, only a few factories can produce for food stainless steel booster pump, in our country, this is a new food pumps, very popular."

The thing is it's a 'booster pump' which (according to Google) is usually the type of pump used for maintaining water-pressure for houses with tank-water and the like (hence the pumps have 10m head and 20L/m flow). It the principal it uses is a 'vortex pump' often found in as sump/sewerage applications where some solids need to be passed rather than the 'centrifugal pump' design on the MP series. He also can't tell me (yet due to translation issues) if it is easy to disassemble and clean or even if the drive-shaft will be exposed to wort or independent like the magnetic pump.

----------

I'll be keen to get on if more can be added.

From what I understand the Stainless Pressure Pumps are not magnetic drive - so controlling flow using a valve on the oulet could be an issue and so could cleaning:
"In general, when food enterprises need wash pump, it neednt to remove the impeller, it will use water into pump for cleaning, or to use the brush to clean the impeller after removing pump head. If you take these methods, magnetic pumps and stainless steel pump are the same, unless removed impeller and other accessories, if you need to install pump again, magnetic pump is easier than the stainless steel pump."
... while a stainless pump would be good (and they're quite cheap too) I'm not sure that they're suitable for home brewing - but someone else should buy one and try it! :)

I'll send a PM to the wait-list people now and hopefully place the order tomorrow.

Wolfy, I am in awe at the amount of work you have put in on this buy.
I have one comment/question. For the home brewer I think main problem will be pump cavitation
when pumping liquid close to boiling point - thus damaging impeller. Is it possible to replace
impellers in these pumps if needs be. I know its a big ask for a cheap pump but worth to ask.

From what I understand the Stainless Pressure Pumps are not magnetic drive - so controlling flow using a valve on the oulet could be an issue and so could cleaning:
"In general, when food enterprises need wash pump, it neednt to remove the impeller, it will use water into pump for cleaning, or to use the brush to clean the impeller after removing pump head. If you take these methods, magnetic pumps and stainless steel pump are the same, unless removed impeller and other accessories, if you need to install pump again, magnetic pump is easier than the stainless steel pump."
... while a stainless pump would be good (and they're quite cheap too) I'm not sure that they're suitable for home brewing - but someone else should buy one and try it! :)

I'll send a PM to the wait-list people now and hopefully place the order tomorrow.

gobern, I presume the impellers/replacment/design for the MP pumps will be similar design/function to a March pump, and I also presume that the impellers are easily removed for cleaning and hence replaceable. Given the stainless pumps are not easily removable/cleanable, I'm not sure they're as suitable, even if they'd work at 100C and are made of stainless.
However, I have no idea of the cost of replacement impellers and it's likely you'd have to buy them direct from the factory.

Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM - Paid
Wolfman 1 x MP-15RM

Waiting List...

Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R

Would like to order too. I am new to this forum and not to sure how this works.

Wolfman 1 x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x MP-20R -Paid

Waiting List...

Shaunous 1x MP-15RM

I will be in for more next time if it is any good. I need more flow than this + redundancy + spares.

Wolfman 1 x MP-15RM
Freek 1 x MP-20R -Paid

Waiting List...

Shaunous 1x MP-15RM
jimjam 1x MP-15RM

I will be in for more next time if it is any good. I need more flow than this + redundancy + spares.

Interesting day today, went from me saying I'll be ready to provide the order details tomorrow, to not being able to finalize things for 2 weeks, to having to pay for shipping without a special discount, to getting it done soon (most likely) with the shipping discount.

AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM - Paid
Wolfman 1 x MP-15RM - Paid
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R - Paid
Bugglz 1x MP- 15RM

Waiting List...

Shaunous 1x MP-15RM (Internetless)
jimjam 1x MP-15RM

Interesting day today, went from me saying I'll be ready to provide the order details tomorrow, to not being able to finalize things for 2 weeks, to having to pay for shipping without a special discount, to getting it done soon (most likely) with the shipping discount.

I can't handle this emotional rollercoaster! :icon_drunk:

Back