Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that sucks! :-( The FP sale is what got my attention and thought perhaps the time is nigh. Can probably convince SWMBO that this is the bday present she would be wise to get me :D

I got plastic replacement heads before the SS ones were available, next time I strip down I'll be using my last spare, might just have to grab one on special save all the threading dramas.

So the threads are as shitty as people say on the plastic heads??
Think I've made me mind up. For $95 with SS head can't really go wrong! Someone will probably still be interested in buying the three barbed outlet pumps I've got too.

Yep, it definitely is mate. I bought some heads a while back. But thinking this time around I'll just get the pump and SS head together and be done with it :D

Omfg.
Simply run a few inches of silicon tubing from the barb on the pump outlet to a ball valve you mount on your bench using some pipe clasps. (As per an earlier post, possibly by Benn)
It's not hard, peoples!!
That way you never stress your placky head. Job done.
You people and your bling bling SS obsessions!! [emoji6] Sheesh.

Edit: yep, posts #242,244,246, by Benn, WillieP & Goid cover this. Same setup I have. Well, kind of. Mine's little more ghetto using wire to tie it down rather than clasps.

Sometimes it not that easy, this is how mine is set up, before the ss head. It used to be a 2 handed delicate job to operate the valves to try not to snap the head especially while it was hot (recirculating) now I've got the stainless head its solid as and there is no movement. They shouldn't even sell them with the plastic head I believe. Even with the utmost care they strip threads and while hot they are flimsy.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464467867.968349.jpg

Back on the first few pages on this thread these pumps seemed to be readily available for around $30 US plus postage, 5 years later and I can't seem to find one anywhere for less than double that! I would have thought they'd get cheaper if anything... I'm building a 1v re-circulating system and i'm trying to source one of these pumps at a good price. Has anyone bought one recently? I've thought of trying to organise a bulk buy through alibaba to keep the cost down but I haven't had a single response from a supplier yet.

Wages have skyrocketed in China over the last few years.
Also everything brewing related on Aliexpress is much more expensive than it used to be, even a large majority of stainless fittings, I'd guess it's with the whole home brewing boom.
It's never going to be as cheap as it once was

75 bucks is still a good price for these pumps, well worth it. And it's good to buy from legit stores like the sponsors above, if we bulk buy everything, we won't have as many stores available.

When it comes to fresh ingredients, items with a shelf life, things that are manufactured here in Australia, then yes I agree with you.
But if people are willing to put in the leg work to get a much better deal for something like a pump from China then I don't think you can begrudge them that.

bradsbrew said:
75 bucks is still a good price for these pumps, well worth it. And it's good to buy from legit stores like the sponsors above, if we bulk buy everything, we won't have as many stores available.
Now that I ad it up Its only about$10 extra for me to buy one from G&G plus a stainless head. Thats buying seperatly so I get the plastic head as well.

ScottyDoesntKnow said:
When it comes to fresh ingredients, items with a shelf life, things that are manufactured here in Australia, then yes I agree with you.
But if people are willing to put in the leg work to get a much better deal for something like a pump from China then I don't think you can begrudge them that.
I think the margins are so small these days that even bulk buys dont offer much in the way of a better deal.

Latest posts

Back