Bulk Buy: 240v Food Grade Magnetic Drive Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i could still sneak into this buy, that would be great, otherwise i can wait for another time.

Wolfy: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
jonsey32: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
YippieKayYay: 1 x MP-15RM - Paid
I like beer: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
Beerdrinkingbob 1 x MP-20RM - Paid
AnotherAsh 1x MP-15RM - Paid
ArnieW: 1x MP-15RM - Paid
Ratchie 1x MP-20RM - Paid
Gobern 1x MP -15RM - Paid
MattC 1 x MP - 15RM - Paid
Stormahead 1 x MP - 15RM - Paid
Wolfman 1 x MP-15RM - Paid
Freek 1 x 1 x MP-20R - Paid
Bugglz 1x MP- 15RM

Waiting List...

Shaunous 1x MP-15RM (Internetless)
jimjam 1x MP-15RM
JMan 1 x MP-15RM

Bugglz, jimjam, JMan (and/or anyone else) I'll be sending the order through tomorrow, if you'd like to participate in the buy your confirmation/payment needs to be completed before I place the order (tomorrow morning-ish).

Bugglz 1x MP- 15RM
JMan 1 x MP-15RM - Paid

Waiting List...

jimjam 1x MP-15RM

JMan 1 x MP-15RM - Paid

Waiting List...

Bugglz 1x MP- 15RM (pending payment/confirmation)
jimjam 1x MP-15RM

Just placed the order based on this list, if the pump model is listed incorrectly next to your name, please send me a PM ASAP!

JMan 1 x MP-15RM - Paid

Hi Wolfy, thanks for organising this.

As long as its good for 240V 50hz then its all good.

I have too many "1 x"s in front of the model no, but that is obvious.

cheers,
freek

As long as its good for 240V 50hz then its all good.

I have too many "1 x"s in front of the model no, but that is obvious.
As per the specifications, they will be 220-240V/50-60Hz.

Yep, sorted that, you were the only person who opted for the non-threaded fitting, so it's good you confirmed your choice for me. :)

Order has been sent and mostly sorted.
Shipping will be via UPS (air freight) via Shanghai and HongKong (cheaper International shipping out of HK or something).
Payment options (mostly) sorted, we would have saved a small amount (~$1 each) if payment was via website/Escrow-service but that would involve complications and extra time (~1-2 weeks).

There should be a small refund for each person (~$5-10) which I'll arrange when the pumps are here and ready to send (just in-case they don't fit into a 3kg post-pack and local postage costs more).

Just got back from the Outback trip and i am again with Internet, let me know how they go Woofy and others...

Cheers,
Shaun...

Hey shaunous, sorry about that, I even sent you an SMS as promised ... maybe next time depending on how these go.

As for the slightly delayed Bulk Buy order ...
More days and a significant number of emails, negotiating price, vendor, buyer, PayPal, Escrow and bank fees, and working on effective but still reasonably priced shipping options, the order was ready to confirm. First order, I accidentally selected the wrong (but default) shipping company (which is apparently slow/not so good sending from China), submitted a new order that got the prices wrong (not my fault), and then a third order ... everything fell into place and was ready for payment ... it just took another day and 5-6 telephone calls to the bank to get it paid for!

Due to the order/payment delay our pumps have been packed and ready to ship for at least a few days now. Tomorrow they should arrive in Shanghai, then they'll get to DHL (maybe travel via Hong Kong because it's cheaper) and we'll have a tracking number. In theory they should arrive here a week or so after that (so says the website), if they don't arrive (in time) or are not as described or some other thing goes wrong, our payment is with an Escrow service until I confirm the release of payment to the vendor.

After all that ...
If my calculations are correct, the negotiation should allowed for a refund of $3-4 on the MP-20 and about $10-15 for the MP-15, which brings the price of into the realm of being seriously cheap.

Pumps are on their way:
"now they have sent a car to pick pumps to Shanghai"
Not sure if it's a translation thing or if the pumps are actually in a car, but either way they've left the factory.

They've arrived in the country:
18 Sep 12 11:46 PM - Clearance processing complete - MELBOURNE,AUSTRALIA

Pumps are now with DHL's local contractor, TNT (since I live too far from DHL's office to be considered 'local'), this will add a day or two to the delivery, but it's expected to arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Good news:
kaixin_pump_zpsb83ef318.jpg

Box arrived today.
Pumps appear to be as described (220/240V model, screw fittings etc).
They weigh approx 1.5kg, so should be easy to post in the 3kg Post Packs as anticipated.

Not so good news:
The box only contains (most, but not all the) MP-15 pumps and no MP-20's. I've sent an email to the vendor, maybe the others were shipped in a different box, or he forgot, will work it out as soon as I can.
Edit: Just got an email back: "Yes , we have sent two box,you must should received two box. let me check by DHL."
Edit 2: The DHL shipping info says "Pieces: 2" so I called them up, the shippment was split over 2 different planes when leaving Hong Kong, so one box arrived in AU a day after the first one I have now. DHL anticipate the second box will arrive here tomorrow.

I just mashed-in a batch of beer 45mins ago, so I can't test one today, but will in a day or two.

If you're in Melbourne, pickup most anytime is fine (just send me a PM to confirm) if you'd like me to bring the pump to the MB meeting next week send me a PM to arrange that.
I expect to get the pumps shipped to everyone else by early next week (at the latest) so you should have them by the end of next week.

2nd box of pumps arrived today, they all appear to be here.
I'll try to get them sent to all the non-Melbourne people over the next couple of days.

kaixin_pump_parcel_zps0715b8bc.jpg

I don't have the address details for 2 people who need them shipped, but all the others will go in the post tonight, tracking numbers have been sent via PM.

Latest posts

Back