Test Tube Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will make sure I am not pissed when I count them. and besides school holidays have started so now the kids have something to do :lol:

Hint: if you've got a decent set of electronic scales then count out 100 and weigh them, and voila, quick measurement of 100 tubes.

Hint: if you've got a decent set of electronic scales then count out 100 and weigh them, and voila, quick measurement of 100 tubes.

but that takes away the enjoyment of putting the kids thru the pain of counting them.... and I will make them count each individual one too.... MWAHAHAHA

Ok, monies arrived in my acccount today (sat):-

12DEC08 TidalPete 33.60
12DEC08 THIRSTYBOY T'TUBES 21.60
12DEC08 DISCOSTU 21.60
12DEC08 BUDWISER X100 34.00
12DEC08 mossyrocks test tu 33.60
12DEC08 Phillip 33.60
12DEC08 KARLDR AHB TEST TU 21.60
12DEC08 ALTSTART 33.60
12DEC08 cozmocracker 21.60
12DEC08 Sunshine Brewer 33.60
12DEC08 CUBBIE 21.60
12DEC08 bouncingcastle 21.60
12DEC08 Nihed 21.60
12DEC08 Grantw 50.60
12DEC08 Hutch 33.60
12DEC08 Doogiechap 33.60
12DEC08 barry3 21.60

Thanks to everyone that has transferred $ already, a few of you that arent on the list but have transferred will probably show up monday. I might be able to get this sorted and mailed a couple of days earlier at this rate.
Cheers
Sully

put me down for some if you get anymore

i should check these forums more regularly. i can't beleive how fast these sold

Hi Guys,

All but 2 have transferred monies, thanks to everyone that has done so far and so quickly. I will hopefully get them today and into the post for tomorrow.

Cheers

Sully

Hi Guys,

All but 2 have transferred monies, thanks to everyone that has done so far and so quickly. I will hopefully get them today and into the post for tomorrow.

Cheers

Sully
Top work Sully.

So, ah, anyone got an idea how to make slants? :p

Hutch,

Do you plan to make up slants or just split your new yeast packs or farmed yeasts into several tubes of each?

TP :beer:
Hey TP,

I plan to do slants, as a long-term storage and ready means to swap with other brewers.
I'm already storing many jars of slurry in the fridge, and it's taking up too much space for long-term storage.

...so, if anyone has details of a good thread/website that covers the details of creating and using slants, then please post a link.
Cheers,
Hutch.

Hey TP,

I plan to do slants, as a long-term storage and ready means to swap with other brewers.
I'm already storing many jars of slurry in the fridge, and it's taking up too much space for long-term storage.

...so, if anyone has details of a good thread/website that covers the details of creating and using slants, then please post a link.
Cheers,
Hutch.

Hey Hutch,
My wife is the guru of the yeast farming. She does slants and has written up a three page information sheet gleened from many different websites. She has had no failures as of yet. We have about 9 different yeasts in the inventory.
She can send it to you in a word document if you would like.
Cheers,
Bud

Hey Sully,

Are all 1000 accounted for or do you have surplus? Put me down for 50 if you've got them, PM me if you do and I'll make a payment.

Cheers

Hey TP,

Cheers,
Hutch.

Hutch

Haven't gone through with it yet (missed this bulk buy too <_< ), but have had this book marked for ages, for when I do.

http://www.realbeer.com/spencer/yeast-culturing.html

Cheers
Paul

Hey TP,

Cheers,
Hutch.

Hutch,

Get Chris_Taylor to send you his documentation also.

Rook

Top work Sully.

So, ah, anyone got an idea how to make slants? :p
I followed THIS METHOD years ago, easy to follow and concise. It has been re-written somewhere with pictures.

Hey Sully,

Are all 1000 accounted for or do you have surplus? Put me down for 50 if you've got them, PM me if you do and I'll make a payment.

Cheers

Sorry CS, all have been accounted for. I may run another one next year as I wanted another 50 but sacraficed them for another member. Although there is enough interest maybe to run another Bulk Buy, but I wont get it going until next year at this stage. I will start another thread today to get the interest going.

Cheers

Sully

Thanks everyone for the info.

budwiser - would love to get a copy of Mrs budwiser's info.
Would you/she be happy to post a link in this thread?

Rook - I'd heard that Chris did a slant demo at the recent Xmas swap. I'll PM him too.

Hutch.

Thanks everyone for the info.

budwiser - would love to get a copy of Mrs budwiser's info.
Would you/she be happy to post a link in this thread?

Rook - I'd heard that Chris did a slant demo at the recent Xmas swap. I'll PM him too.

Hutch.

He certainly did Hutch, it was good to see it happen

Rook

Latest posts

Back