Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redbeard said:
if you have picked up your kegs & walked away, possibly signing something that you have the goods, then its unlikely that customs/auspost will send you a bill.

Naah, I don't physically have them yet - my understanding is that they will assess whether or not I need to pay GST and duty and then onforward them to my nearest Post Office, where I will collect and pay whatever GST / duty that they want to impose.

Hopefully they'll get to Canberra in the next week or so... <_<

redbeard said:
on the other hand, a customs broker / ups / fedex, invariably delivers the goods quickly & then sends the bill via post.
[post="62053"][/post]​

Having done work for UPS and Fedex and the like, I found that they will pay the charges on your behalf, before delivering them COD. Unless you are an account customer of theirs.

Troy,
2x 5 gal $42.50 - 4x5 gal $73 was the price i got to Perth WA
put in the $0 dollar amount and they send it cheapest option.Be prepared to wait though.

Remember to add $2.50 for the shipping boxes. Two 5-gal kegs, U.S. Parcel Post, Economy Surface = $45USD; 4 kegs = $75USD
- That darn shipping calculator that the order form uses does not access the "Economy Surface" part of the USPS database......RATS......

Matt.

Kegs arrived today - box was dinted in one upper corner but still sealed/intact and no sign of damage to the goods that were well packed.

Ordered on 30 March,
Paid on 31 March,
Arrived Customs Sydney 1 June (8 weeks),
Delivered Canberra 7 June (9 weeks)...NO GST or import duty charged by customs despite my earlier fun with them! :D

Kegs in good shape / condition - no dings and all four were holding pressure. Thanks also Matt, for the extra goodies as you promised - the extras were very much appreciated by a newby kegger! :beer:

Cheers,
TL (Rowan)

Kegs were just delivered to me at my desk at work :D

Shipped 21/4/05. Delivered 27/6/05. So approx 9 weeks.

All look good & have pressure although I wont remove them from the box & check them over thoroughly til i get them home.

Cant wait to get the 3 Gal party keg crankin. :chug:

Many thanks to Matt & Terry.

KillerRx4 said:
Kegs were just delivered to me at my desk at work :D

Shipped 21/4/05. Delivered 27/6/05. So approx 9 weeks.

All look good & have pressure although I wont remove them from the box & check them over thoroughly til i get them home.

Cant wait to get the 3 Gal party keg crankin. :chug:

Many thanks to Matt & Terry.
[post="65088"][/post]​

Good to hear you had some success Killer..

I made my order 7 weeks ago now, still has not come off my credit card, I have sent 6 emails to terry, none of which have been replied to either.

I won't be ordering again, not even sure if this order went through however I do have an order number and printed confirmation page, which I sent to Terry each time, still NO REPLY

:angry:

My order finally turned up last week. Think it was only about 6 weeks for the shipping but I'll have to check. Think it took longer for the order to be processed.

All okay but I doubt I'll be ordering again as in addition to taking forever to get a reply Terry had also agreed more bits to add to my initial order - not done. He'd also said he'd be able to fit the entire order in one box - not the case, hence much more postage :(. Ont the plus side the kegs all seem fine although a few dents on them.

tony

FWIW,

A bit off-topic, but relevant to expected delivery times.

I received a consignment ordered from Stone Brewing ... beer glasses and T-shirts. Ordered mid-April , turned up after 8 weeks.

4pintpack.jpg

I now have a Ruination IPA shirt and An Arrogant ******* ale shirt.

Seth out :p

Weizguy said:
FWIW,

A bit off-topic, but relevant to expected delivery times.

I received a consignment ordered from Stone Brewing ... beer glasses and T-shirts. Ordered mid-April , turned up after 8 weeks.

View attachment 3005

I now have a Ruination IPA shirt and An Arrogant ******* ale shirt.

Seth out :p
[post="65106"][/post]​

Nice. You lucky ******* :lol:
You didn't go for the AB Tap handle though :p

Doc

Doc said:
Nice. You lucky ******* :lol:
You didn't go for the AB Tap handle though :p

Doc
[post="65122"][/post]​

Shouldn't that be Lucky, Arrogant *******? :D

Nice glasses Weiz! :super:

Warren -

2 19l Cornies ordered odered late April, got conformation from Matt 28/4
Arrived today....just as I was lamenting that I might have to get the bottling equipment out to sort out the last couple of batches....phew

WOOHOO
4 kegs sitting on the door step when i got home
holding pressure no dents, bit of glue residue nothing i cant clean up
ordered 20.04.05 -sent 29.04.05 -arrived 28.06.05

My kegs turned up yesterday. I paid for the "no dents reco top line" kegs. Guess the dents must be my imagination.

Can't complain though, they are at least as good as the kegs i paid twice as much from from the LHBS last year.

Ordered 4 x 5 gallon reconditioned ball lock kegs from Brewers Discount on April 22.

USPS paperwork (despatch date) was April 29.

Arrived June 28 (9-10 weeks delivery).

The customer service from Terry was fine for me. Note - other than the money coming out of my account there were no confirmation, tracking number, etc... however I expected this and was happy to just wait for them to arrive.

The kegs are in good nick (few dings) but more importantly they are perflectly clean inside.

Fish

1. Transit time = best part of 12 weeks.
2. Overall Condition = good considering they are 2nd hand.

Very happy with first order so I placed a second...

What you should have shipped this week matt?

My order arrived a day or so ago. 4 10L kegs and a few bits and pieces. shipped on 21/04 - thats about 12 weeks

All but one still holding pressure from the states. All of them have small dents but nothing too bad (the one with the leak has the worst - could be related).

Generally, I'm happy with the service - more contact / confirmation etc would be great, but everything that I ordered turned up in the condition I expected in the time that was estimated. I will order from them again.

Ordered three of the 3 gal cornies and some bits and pieces on the 21/5/05, despatched on the 27/5/05 and arrived on the 14/7/05.

Very happy with the kegs. They have a few minor dings, but more importantly, they are holding pressure and in good condition.

The web page that I ordered off did not calculate the shipping charges correctly, it showed a very high shipping charge, much more than what others had been paying. In the comments field, I asked for shipping to be at the cheapest rate, which is what was organised. UPS parcel surface. $US40 freight.

Looking forward to using them. Thanks for the service.

pint of lager said:
Ordered three of the 3 gal cornies and some bits and pieces on the 21/5/05, despatched on the 27/5/05 and arrived on the 14/7/05.

Very happy with the kegs. They have a few minor dings, but more importantly, they are holding pressure and in good condition.

The web page that I ordered off did not calculate the shipping charges correctly, it showed a very high shipping charge, much more than what others had been paying. In the comments field, I asked for shipping to be at the cheapest rate, which is what was organised. UPS parcel surface. $US40 freight.

Looking forward to using them. Thanks for the service.
[post="67419"][/post]​

hmm... now I'm even more pissed off. Made my order on the 8th of May and still nothing... and BD will not reply to my half a dozen emails...

:angry:

Good to hear you got your order POL!

Wonderful day!
My order from BD arrived mon 12 Sep, good condition and all parts
nicely packed. All up took about 10 week, with no communication in
the mean time. Which worried me a bit, but I'm happy with the end
result so thats all that matters.

The brew gods must have smiled on me that day because I also
recived an order from GMK on the same day. :rolleyes:
Excelent craftsmanship on the tap handle by the way GMK.

:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back