Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mchitiea said:
To all,
-I have received your posts and am concerned that Terry is not answering his emails. In the past, when you have emailed me concerning a BD order, I have forwarded your message to Terry asking him to respond to your questions; obviously he is not doing that.

If you should not receive an email reply within 72 hours or so, try faxing him at 916-723-8859.

I do not like what is happening about this. This is the reason I started to emial you all with the Customs forms / send receipt. I will speak w/ Terry AGAIN concerning his lack of email response.
[post="57449"][/post]​

Matt,

Just wondering if you have received my emails send a few weeks ago and then re-sent last week?

I was sending them to you regarding an order through you and not about a BD order like the others above. The email came from:

[email protected]

If you could get back to me that would be great.

Cheers
ADAM

Hey Matt (C&C)

I am in the same boat as a lot of other people - A friend and I ordered quite a few $ worth of stuff (8 kegs, associated gear etc) from BD, and after the initial emails I haven't heard a thing back. I got one email saying four kegs had been sent, and the rest would be sent out the following monday - that was 2 weeks ago, and I have sent two more emails since then. Still no response :(

I'm keeping everything crossed hoping there are ISP issues at BD's end, and I'm not in the process of being ripped off.... The money has well and truely left my Credit Card and Paypal account.

I guess I will wait and see what happens in 8 weeks time...

Matt O'Brien

Hi
I think if you have recieved the customs dec you just have to sit it out cause its on the way.I havent recieved that yet and wasnt getting a response via email - but it looks like the wheels are turning (thanks Matt) If you look back there have been many happy customers but patience is the key.I know it can take 8-12 weeks by whats been posted on this site before, what i couldnt find was how long the processing of the order took-from order confirmed-to customs dec-to package at the door. Could someone put some dates up for reference i think it might be helpful

Hi
Got an email reply from Terry saying order was shipped last week (no date, customs dec suppied)so about two weeks from order confirm to order sent.

Same here - got an email saying all was sent, but no documentation. Terry said to expect the order in 6 weeks or so - I'll expect 8-12 :D

Can't wait to get it all!

Matt

Same here too. Email simply said order has been shipped.

Better that than no response i guess.

To all;
-Yep, sounds like BD is starting to answer the emails......
He is VERY GOOD about not "loosing" orders and getting them out quickly, he is very methodical. Since I have a scanner in this office here, I am able to email the Customs docs for C&C, Not BD (I handle the ebay/int'l wholesale, he handles the website sales/retail).
If you have recieved an email from Terry that your goods are on their way, rest assured that they are indeed on their way and start the clock; 8 to 12 weeks average transit time.

Matt.

Got around to cleaning up the 3 gal kegs I received from BD today.
Noticed one of the kegs had a plastic dip tube on the gas side.
Never seen a plastic one before, and it was all discoloured (brown) and yucky.
I've had it in some PSR this arvo and it looks a lot better, but is now just a reddy colour.

Anyone else seen plastic versions of the gas dip tube and had any problems with them ?

Here is a pic of a SS one so you know what I'm talking about.
SSGasDipTube.jpg

Doc

Doc said:
Got around to cleaning up the 3 gal kegs I received from BD today.
Noticed one of the kegs had a plastic dip tube on the gas side.
Never seen a plastic one before, and it was all discoloured (brown) and yucky.
I've had it in some PSR this arvo and it looks a lot better, but is now just a reddy colour.

Anyone else seen plastic versions of the gas dip tube and had any problems with them ?

Here is a pic of a SS one so you know what I'm talking about.
View attachment 2632

Doc
[post="58049"][/post]​

Doc, the only plastic dip tubes i have seen are here

http://www.brewersdiscount.com/productCat15956.ctlg

OK Guys...

Just picked up from the Post Office my Second batch of kegs from BD.
Originally ordered and paid for 19Oct 2004...

But with all the e-mail ISP issues finally sorted out they posted with Customs docket confirmation earlier this year.

Arrived today - all 4 had gas presure in them....lokk pretty good - clean inside.
MVC_011F.JPG

Matt - True to his word added a few extras due to the mix up and wait...
MVC_012F.JPG

So i am now happy with my 8 kegs from him....

:super:

Another happy customer, 4 kegs purchased via E-Bay and sent on the 16 March. Arrived with spare o-rings.
Bit dirty on the outside (one small dent near the base of one) with some stickers but where it counts, the insides are spotless. All kegs were holding pressure when I opened the box.

Thanks Matt. :beer:

Now to fill them B)

Cheers,

Jason

The money was taken out of my account on the 29th of April, but still no email. I can wait the 6 weeks once they get sent, but waiting for the shipping confirmation is killing me.

STILL no reply from BD. Over 4 weeks after ordering, and i still haven't got confirmation of them shipping, and none of my emails have been replied to.

jgriffin said:
STILL no reply from BD. Over 4 weeks after ordering, and i still haven't got confirmation of them shipping, and none of my emails have been replied to.
[post="59091"][/post]​

John,

I had a few problems with hearing back from BD regarding my order too - however, it turned out it was ISP probs - 2 weeks later the emails started to bounce back.

To solve it, I emailed Matt at c&c and told him my concerns - I had replies from Terry two days later. I also used a non-au and non-msn address to get in contact with him - it seemed MSN and au addy's were the problem.

I wouldn't worry too much - there has been nothing but eventual good feedback about the gear from BD - but like you the lack of communication was causing me much concern, especially since the $900 had left my account!

I hope it all turns out - if you need an addy thats not au or MSN give me a shout - I can send a couple of emails on your behalf if you need.

Matt

In my experience it's a slow process but seems to work (eventually). I originally put an order online on about the 3rd April. Didn't hear anything for a few days so e-mailed the order. Well the funds left my visa card yesterday. So about 5 weeks from ordering to processing. Terry advised it had been sent a week before so hopefully there was a one week delay in processing.

4 weeks is a long time with no word i would suggest faxing them to at least get confirmation that its been shipped. There has been alot of positive feedback on these guys so you might just get a surprise package one day-fingers crossed

mobrien said:
jgriffin said:
[post="59091"][/post]​

John,

I had a few problems with hearing back from BD regarding my order too - however, it turned out it was ISP probs - 2 weeks later the emails started to bounce back.

To solve it, I emailed Matt at c&c and told him my concerns - I had replies from Terry two days later. I also used a non-au and non-msn address to get in contact with him - it seemed MSN and au addy's were the problem.

I wouldn't worry too much - there has been nothing but eventual good feedback about the gear from BD - but like you the lack of communication was causing me much concern, especially since the $900 had left my account!

I hope it all turns out - if you need an addy thats not au or MSN give me a shout - I can send a couple of emails on your behalf if you need.

Matt
[post="59093"][/post]​

Thanks for the offer Matt, but i have emailed from several .com domains which don't appear on any RBL lists, and i structured the email to get lowests possible scores from bayesian filters.

Even a "piss off, your order isn't ready" reply would be appreciated, a total silence is annoying.

jgriffin said:
Even a "piss off, your order isn't ready" reply would be appreciated, a total silence is annoying.
[post="59118"][/post]​

john,

Thier communicationl skills are appalling & i did get the "piss off" type response to a very civil question when I did get a reply from Matt.
I really wouldn't stress - the orders happen, you just get very little, if any feedback.
if you are really concerned - pick up the phone to them - dirt cheap these days...

Back