Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the FB. We will definately start dble bagging the parts.

RE: Oval lid 3 gal kegs. There are no more. We just picked up 120 more racetrack lid 3 gallon kegs. These are the only ones we could find anywhere in the U.S. This new batch is a bit better cond. then the last of the ones we had. Makes no difference if you get these from BD or C&C, we only have the racetrack lidded kegs now.
Matt.

mchitiea said:
Thank you for the FB. We will definately start dble bagging the parts.

RE: Oval lid 3 gal kegs. There are no more. We just picked up 120 more racetrack lid 3 gallon kegs. These are the only ones we could find anywhere in the U.S. This new batch is a bit better cond. then the last of the ones we had. Makes no difference if you get these from BD or C&C, we only have the racetrack lidded kegs now.
Matt.
[post="53051"][/post]​

Hi Matt
I am not hung up about them being racetrack lids, one of my kegs at home is a racetrack and it has caused me no problems. The point was mainly, the kegs don't match which means another part to find as the relief valve body and nut are cracked, if I take it apart to clean it I am expecting it to break.

The othte point was I believe the cleaned and tested ones were better value, but if you don't have them anymore I would probably suggest you take them down off the BD website

Cheers Ausdb

Qustion for those that have ordered via brewerschoice - the online thingy keeps giving me really high values for shipping - like $170US for 4 kegs.

Is this normal?

I emailed BrewersChoice about exactly this - I got an email back saying the website couldn't calculate the postage. I'm about to place an order also - so will order and put a note with it copying the reply I got.

Matt

John

I just emailed them the list of items I wanted and asked for the total cost in $US, using surface shipping and they got back to me with an invoice.

Hoops

jgriffin said:
Qustion for those that have ordered via brewerschoice - the online thingy keeps giving me really high values for shipping - like $170US for 4 kegs.

Is this normal?
[post="53763"][/post]​

Same here,
I tried to order via their online site and the ordering tool freaked out over my foreign address when I was trying to checkout. Looks like the Java script was falling over - it didn't give me a postage costing - it just crashed out with a java error dialog screen.

Best bet, as Hoops advised, is to email them - I did and Matt got back to me with an invoice within 24 hours. B)

TL

Is Brewer's Choice another name for Brewer's Discount?

I sent an email to c&[email protected] last week and have heard nothing and I'm wondering if I shold have sent it to a different addy.

Goat said:
Is Brewer's Choice another name for Brewer's Discount?

I sent an email to c&[email protected] last week and have heard nothing and I'm wondering if I shold have sent it to a different addy.
[post="53832"][/post]​

They are the same Goat, I got a reply back from C&C the other day, how many more kegs are you after? I would like one more 3 gal!

Ausdb

I got my 4 Kegs from C&C today they are in good cond, a little dirty on the outside but that was easy to fix and sparkling inside I'm rapt. All the seals look good and they were holding pressure I replace one of the lid seals as a precaution cause I had a little trouble resealing it but the old seal looks good I'm just being carful. I ordered them on the 8-2-05 and got an email on the 15-2 to say they had been sent. Box was in good cond. Now I can step up my brewing, cheers Matt :beer:
Wort

O they are the 5 gal ones and not race track.

Wort said:
I got my 4 Kegs from C&C today they are in good cond, a little dirty on the outside but that was easy to fix and sparkling inside I'm raped.
[post="53923"][/post]​

Raped or rapt? :unsure:

MY package of 4x5gals rocked up today, all kegs in very acceptable condition - just wanting a nice polish up. One had a moderate dent at the bottom but nothing really bad. All kegs had plenty of pressure in them and were sparkling clean inside.

Arrived exactly 8 weeks after they were said to have been (and were) posted i.e. Feb 16th.

C&C did alright by me!

Ordered 10/2/05, Package 1 of 2 from Brewers Discount arrived today 12/4/05.

Matt,

Not sure if you're still reading this thread?? I've sent an e-mail twice now with an order for about $500US worth of bits. Haven't received a reply to either. I'd done the order via the web but apparently it won't calculate lowest cost shipping to Australia hence followed the suggestion to contact via e-mail.

I'd really like to organise an order soon.

tony

To add to that, i put an order in through brewers-discount, i recieved the auto reply but nothing in reply to the Q's i put in the notes section yet. Guess i'll wait another week or so.

jgriffin said:
the Q's i put in the notes section
[post="54536"][/post]​
There's your problem John.
When I asked Q's (Brewers discount) I never got a reply, when I just put an order in, no Q's, I had a reply within the week.

Hoops

Hoops the prob is if you just put the order in it calculates the freight at horrendous prices, or in my case it won't handle more than 2 kegs in the freight calc.

This is frustrating given that they're running out of 3 gal kegs :(.

BTW, received the soda stream gas adapter - looks a work of art. Haven't got one of the gas bottles yet but with 15% of at KMart today I'll be making a trip :).

tony

I am having the same problem - I tried to order online, but the freight was really bad, so I sent an email with my order and asking for freight costs.

Yesterday, I also emailed Matt at c&c with the order, and got a reply within 5 minutes saying he would contact Terry. So hopefully I will get some response there.

The order email to Terry bounced back last night as "user unknown" - that was the [email protected]

I really want to get my setup happening, so I hope this is all sorted out soon - I have the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Matt

P.S. I also hit the 15% Kmart sale yesterday for two SS bottles! Also looking at the mistral wine cooler fridge with clear front - looks like it would fit to kegs easily.....

What I did for the shipping, when I saw the amount it was trying to calculate was choose one of the options that was $0.
Then when they processed the order they chose the cheapest (ie. slowest) shipping option and billed me once for the correct price.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
What I did for the shipping, when I saw the amount it was trying to calculate was choose one of the options that was $0.
Then when they processed the order they chose the cheapest (ie. slowest) shipping option and billed me once for the correct price.

Beers,
Doc
[post="54573"][/post]​

That's how I do it too Doc , I have ordered off them 6-7 times and are very happy with the service.

Batz

Latest posts

Back