Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Scientist said:
Wonderful day!
My order from BD arrived mon 12 Sep, good condition and all parts
nicely packed. All up took about 10 week, with no communication in
the mean time. Which worried me a bit, but I'm happy with the end
result so thats all that matters.

The brew gods must have smiled on me that day because I also
recived an order from GMK on the same day. :rolleyes:
Excelent craftsmanship on the tap handle by the way GMK.

:beerbang:
[post="77177"][/post]​

Thanks - great to hear from Happy Customers...

Looking forward to the pics.

2x 5 gal kegs poated aug17 arrived today oct 13.
That makes 7 all up for the collection!

4 x 5 Gal kegs & spares arrived today that was dispatched 17th August. These arrived faster than I expected & nicely packed. Very happy chappy :beer:

Thanks Matt

I had four kegs sent 17/10 and they arrived today...pretty quick for surface shipping so I'm chuffed with that :)

Two out of the four were still holding pressure and the kegs were in satisfactory condition...a few dings verging on major and one had a pretty stuffed base (in hindsight this damage may very well have occurred during shipping, so I cannot/won't blame Matt for it) .

*EDIT* - See my post below for further complaints :blink:

PZ.

Ill have to admit I was in a major hurry to get my son ready for tonights racing when I posted the last feedback/infoI missed a couple of things like these:

Although I can replace the PRV on this keg I didnt expect to receive one this shagged:
prv1nj.jpg

And WTF has been going on around this gas post?!?!
wtfgaspost1lq.jpg

The PRV and cutting around gas post are on two different kegs (funnily enough the two that werent holding pressure).

Hopefully the next ones arent like thisIve got another four kegs on the way :(

Now not quite as happy as I was in my rush earlier on this arvo :rolleyes:

PZ.

hmm, same boat as yourself Fingerlickin_B. Two kegs held pressure, but the other two were flat!

On all kegs the top rubber was cracked as though it was left out in the sunlight fo a long time.

The dents are along the top & lower rim line.

I'll post some pics later

Here are some of the dents etc. The cracks didn't come out properly with the digi camera. (My fault :rolleyes: )
cracks__Small_.jpg

A few dents:
dent1.jpg

dent2.jpg

How were these compared with yours Fingerlickin_B?

I have ordered many US kegs , I have always been very happy with what I recieved.

Having said that, looks like the barrel is near empty , if it was me I'll be very pissed off to find those kegs were the ones I ordered!

Batz

hmmm, These were at a special price, but it appears as though these were the roughest ones that held pressure...only assuming here

Phil, I have similar dents, but not rubber perished that much...although at least one keg shows signs of having the rubber top either replaced or re-attached.

PZ.

My last batch (received 2 weeks ago) was very similar - like Batz said, I think we are near the end. One still won't hold pressure - need to pull it apart properly and work out what needs to be done.

Bulk spare parts buy :D

Matt

mobrien said:
My last batch (received 2 weeks ago) was very similar - like Batz said, I think we are near the end. One still won't hold pressure - need to pull it apart properly and work out what needs to be done.

Bulk spare parts buy :D

Matt
[post="83036"][/post]​

One of my batch just wouldn't stop leaking out of the lid o-ring...

I then noticed that the keg was bent in around that area and that the lid wasn't capable of moving upwards enough for the o-ring to press against it hard (the lid was hitting the hatch hole on both sides).

Got inside the keg with a small ball peen hammer and opened the dent back up...it now seals :)

Hopefully yours is similarly easy to fix :beer:

PZ.

Definitely looking like we are getting near the end of the kegs.
To make you feel better (marginally) checkout this topic FB.

Doc

Doc said:
Definitely looking like we are getting near the end of the kegs.
To make you feel better (marginally) checkout this topic FB.

Doc
[post="83204"][/post]​

Holy sh*t!!!!

If I get any like that..OMG...what can I say?!?! I've got mates in Sacramento...is that close?

Ok Doc, provided I don't get any like that in my next two batches (already ordered and paid for) I'll think myself very, very lucky :ph34r:

Matt said:
These ARE NOT "seconds" or "junkers". These are and always have been first line kegs.
^^^^ I no longer believe this :huh: ^^^^

PZ.

Excellent Quote there from matt. I would class these as seconds due to the appalling state of the cracked rubber & numerous dents both around the top and base.

Care to explain Matt?

If these aren't seconds, then what are they....... :beerbang:

Maybe I should have checked them out more thoroughly before I left feedback!

Obviously there must be other suppliers out there who can supply better kegs than these that are not seconds or junkers. :angry:

PhilS said:
If these aren't seconds, then what are they....... :beerbang:
[post="83220"][/post]​

Well Phil, I'd say number terminology doesnt quite describe itwe didnt get seconds...we got f*cked!

I received a "thanks for your purchase email from Matt the very day I ordered my last batch (a week or so ago and had other text about multiple orders, so it wasnt purely system generated)but Ive had nothing in reply to my feedback/complaint email I sent!

I know he is at the Pepsi Plant in Guangzhou, Chinahe replied to my eBay purchase from therestill nothing on the sub-par (sub-par at best for you Philyou got the worst so far) kegs we got

PZ.

Unless we work something out, I won't be buying from C&C distribution or Brewers Discount for that fact.
I cant see how these dents were made via transport as the cardboard box is not damaged in anyway, let alone cracked rubber!

I have pm'd you my complaint I sent to Matt.

yep I think we were f*cked over (to coin a phrase) on this one.

They are certainly getting to the end of the pile, I figure thats why the price has kept dropping US $22, $20, $18 and now $15!

Frist 2 I got were in excellent condition, next two were pretty good and the last two a bit shabby but still very usable with no major damage, still beats paying AUD$80+ for unreconditioned crappy kegs locally.

With this decline in quality, I reckon you are better off getting these rebuilt kegs from BD. Although a bit more at US27.50 each at least you are guaranteed a keg that will work perfectly from the get go, and should last a long time. Getting a cheap keg which doesn't hold pressure, means you have lost the savings already through having to rekit it.

Phil / PZ,
Did you guys get O-ring kits with the kegs? If you don't mind me asking, what did Matt charge you - per keg? I trust it wasn't US$22 per keg???
If it's any consolation, some of my kegs (delivered 7 June) had dings in them too but they hold pressure and I bought them for sitting in the fridge rather than showing them off so I don't worry about the bumps and bruises as long as they hold beer under pressure and they can stand upright...Those dings are the same type as mine and I'd say they're due to rough handling in-service and in-storage and the delightful weathered look comes from outdoor storage (see his pallet photos)...
If you didn't get O-ring kits, ask Matt for some and see if he'll toss in a PRV to replace the rusty piece of $hit masquerading as one on PZ's keg!

Sleeve's up and get scrubbin'!! ;)
TL

Back