Super Aroma - Hop Shots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok when will the new ones be listed on the site?
also whats the best storage for these.

Ive been back through orders and all affected parties have been emailed.

Once again, apologies for the error, procedures have been put in place so it doesnt happen again.

:beer:

How close is the taste of the hop-shotted beer to one which has been dry hopped with the same variety? The positive responses on here certainly indicate that the flavours work well in beer, but are there any differences (good or bad) when compared to traditional dry hopping?

Malty Cultural said:
How close is the taste of the hop-shotted beer to one which has been dry hopped with the same variety? The positive responses on here certainly indicate that the flavours work well in beer, but are there any differences (good or bad) when compared to traditional dry hopping?
initially it comes across with a vegetal (not unpleasant) note that seems to dissipate after a few days in the keg leaving behind more traditional hop notes.

So yes and no

Absolutely loved the Motueka based one in the beer I tried it in! The citralicious didn't hit as well but probably the beer, same one, didn't agree with it as much as hard to imagine citra not giving a good smack in the chops.

Can you shot straight into a bottle? Going to a party tonight and been informed the beers are going to be lack lustre. Was thinking of taking a syringe and shooting up :)

And by lack lustre, Becks and "something else".

Hmm this brewing thing has turned me into such a beer connoisseur :) :chug: :beerbang:

Apparently straight Mums go through your esky at parties to get ice for their teething toddlers, thus discover a container of half a dozen syringes and a blunt end tip. She then proceeds to wave them around saying this is no place for this kind of stuff. It went quiet for a few seconds then all the boys pissed themselves laughing, We spent mid morning passing them around before said family arrived haha! She sparked session two and didn't say boo for the rest of the day

Well I took my syringe to the party on Saturday night and apart from feeling as dodgy as f**k for the first couple of times, eventually I had a line of people wanting to "improve" their Heineken. The feeling dodgy soon past and I started feeling like a saviour :)

And kept getting the rolled eyes look from SHMBO. But even she remarked how many people I had turned :)

Help!

What am I doing wrong here?

I added a total of around 13ml of citra, sincoe and mosaic to a 19l keg over the space of a week and I am getting nothing like the aroma of the shots you can smell when you unscrew the cap.

Here's the steps I took.

• After primary fermentation I added 2ml citra, simcoe and mosaic (6ml total) then force carbed over left for 2-3 days - no aroma
  • Added 4ml citra, shook the keg around after purging oxygen - no aroma.
  • Added 3ml mosaic - I'm getting the (mosaic only) aroma now - but the aroma went away the next day.
Now I'm resorting to adding drops to the glass because kegging these things is not working for me.

I can't see this as an economically viable option given It's taking 13ml this far with no effect.

Can anyone chime in with any insight into what I'm doing wrong or tips on how to get that freshly squeezed hop aroma infused into the beer?

Yob said:
you don't have a cold do you?
I wish it was but I get the right aroma from 8 drops in a glass but this is a PITA doing it for every glass.

Still at a loss really.

Latest posts

Back