Super Aroma - Hop Shots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Yob, did you change the cap colours at any stage?
I've got black and orange, which I bought way back when you only had 3 varieties to choose from.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a six pack, plus extra Geronimo and Citralicious. A few questions:

Shipping to Sydney is $10.55, which makes it a significant part of the total purchase price. Is that Express Post? How much more stuff can I add at that postage price?

Is there a verdict on how well this works in a keg? I noticed there were some reservations from few people. Initially I was thinking of adding to half an already carbonated keg of rye IPA. For the next batch it would be straight into the keg, then transfer from primary on top of the hop shots to ensure good mix at room temperature. I'll probably let it sit in keg at room temp for 5 or so days, which I hope will improve the solubility and blending. After that I'll chill and carbonate using a 0.5 micron stone and carb lid.

I'd like to get hopping profile similar to Green Flash Palate Wrecker or Moylan's Hopsickle IPA. Any suggestions as to what mix/quantities would work in a 19L keg?

Well it won't affect bittering so you'll need to accommodate that in other ways.

I've got a few 225 g packs I need to list if that helps?

I should be good for bittering, I still have about 1/2kg of Columbus sitting in the freezer, as well as 100g of Vic Secret.

Ordered. I just couldn't help myself and went for two six packs. What's the worst that can happen, right? I'll just turn up to pubs with a case of six syringes and stop whining about the crap beer selection they have. :drinks:

damn man.. that is some serious liquids...

I advise just that, the most fun Ive had with these things is in public...

Rad shit man.. well done, stories must be told :party:

What are the regulations? No more than 100mL? Perhaps 10 would be more appropriate. Then again, I think "medication" is exempt from those rules and clearly if it comes in syringes it must be medication. :p

There is no limit on liquids for domestic flights. I often take several homebrews on business trips

Yob, what's the 6pack offer for the liquid hops? My stupid android phone cant view the website.

Dan

Yob said:
lolz..

Sounds like the right way to me..

Bit nervous today taking 15 syringes through security at the airport today..
Do you hand deliver interstate now? That's a pretty poor business model :)

Back