Sunshine Coasters Oktoberfest In Agnes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought i'd wake er up after all Oktoberfest is coming Oktoberfest is coming Is there anything else you need us to bring Henno, been listning to dodgy German beer music today will bring the cd on Sat.

ratz1.jpg

Sorry guys, really crazy/busy time here, MIL had a stroke a few weeks ago and we're travelling 120K every second day to and from the Rehab centre. This lady is a champ, to see such an active person all of a sudden paralysed and being fed through a nasal tube really makes you gratefull for every fun day you've ever had.

Between the conference in Melbourne, moving house, XMAS swap etc, I can't think straight let alone plan dates. Hope you all have a great time and hopefully we can have a FebFest BPU when Zwickel is here, if there is any way Brett can make it that would be icing on the cake eh brewers. He could do a bed assembly demonstration for Zwickel, I'm certain he wouldn't have seen anything like it at home. Zwickel mostly sees people on beds already assembled and they're usually sleeping as deeply as Brett does after a demonstration :lol:

Screwy

Sorry guys, really crazy/busy time here, MIL had a stroke a few weeks ago and we're travelling 120K every second day to and from the Rehab centre. This lady is a champ, to see such an active person all of a sudden paralysed and being fed through a nasal tube really makes you gratefull for every fun day you've ever had.

Between the conference in Melbourne, moving house, XMAS swap etc, I can't think straight let alone plan dates. Hope you all have a great time and hopefully we can have a FebFest BPU when Zwickel is here, if there is any way Brett can make it that would be icing on the cake eh brewers. He could do a bed assembly demonstration for Zwickel, I'm certain he wouldn't have seen anything like it at home. Zwickel mostly sees people on beds already assembled and they're usually sleeping as deeply as Brett does after a demonstration :lol:

Screwy

I hope all works out well for the MIL Screwy,been through that with my father.

Guys you all have a good one too,I would rather be there than going off to work believe me.

Batz

As much as we'd love to be tough guys and say it the other way round I think we all know it's family first beer second. Look after yourself as well as the MIL Screwy.

Regarding stuff to bring down Brett I suppose we could do with some bacon and eggs for the morning hungover brekky. That and we are having trouble getting good crusty bread rolls to eat our sausages in.

Regarding the sausages I made two batches on the weekend and let them stand and when we tried a few they were a bit bland. So I made another bloody 5kg last night with some more spice in them. I used a recipe with powdered milk and various spices for one and a premix bratwurst for the other. Last night I just doubled everything to get some more taste. I also could not for the life of me think of an ingredient the Germans were famous for using so googled around and found out that for a few years last century they used a lot of something called Zyklon B. So I wacked a bit of that in a few of the snags, they'll be the lucky door prize ;)

Henno and Teri - Oktoberfest, sauerkraut, bratwurst and some other beer.
Bulp - Hefeweizen - saurkraut n sausage hot pot , kilo of unt bacon
Jay +1 - Alt Bier and a German treats
QldKev + 1 - Crusty bread rolls, Sauerkraut/nibbles (cheese, olvies, hot wuss, etc) and TBA
InCider - Traditional German Cider. Bringing Baa Bra
Budwiser - coleslaw and potato salad, home made brekky sausage

Geez were gunna be fartin like bastards mmmmm cabbage and meat :icon_drool2:

Hope the MIL is alright Screwy, don't worry mate i'll give you a private viewing of my drunken bed assembly skills before i leave ;) .

Henno and Teri - Oktoberfest, sauerkraut, bratwurst and some other beer.
Bulp - Hefeweizen - saurkraut n sausage hot pot , kilo of unt bacon
Jay +1 - Alt Bier and a German treats
QldKev + 1 - Crusty bread rolls, Sauerkraut/nibbles (cheese, olvies, hot wuss, etc) and TBA
InCider - Traditional German Cider. Bringing Baa Bra + Eggs & HashBrowns & any other brekky stuff!
Budwiser - coleslaw and potato salad, home made brekky sausage

It looks like BULP, Budwiser & I are the lone-wolves out on the prowl! :D

Screwy, I feel very sorry for that fateful happening to MIL. I hope she recovers very soon.

Folks, let me tell ya just a hint how Germans cure a hangover: The best remedy to cure a hangover is a "Rollmops".

Put the whole Rollmops in your mouth, keep it there for a moment and then wash it down with another beer. Preferred the same drink that made you drunk the night before.

It helps. ;)

Folks, let me tell ya just a hint how Germans cure a hangover: The best remedy to cure a hangover is a "Rollmops".

Put the whole Rollmops in your mouth, keep it there for a moment and then wash it down with another beer. Preferred the same drink that made you drunk the night before.

It helps. ;)

I am going to watch you do that !

Batz

Someone want to drop in here on the way?

Batz

It helps. ;)

Rollmops grew popular throughout Germany during the Biedermeier period of the early 19th century and were known as a particular specialty of Berlin, like the similar pickled herring dish Bismarckhering. A crucial factor in their popularity was the development of the long-range railway network, which allowed the transport of herring from the North and Baltic Seas to the interior. The fish was pickled to preserve it and transported in wooden barrels. In pubs in Old Berlin, it was common to have high-rising glass display cases (Hungerturm, meaning "hunger tower") on the bar to present ready-to-eat dishes like lard bread, salt eggs, meatballs, mettwurst (bacon sausage) and of course rollmops. At the present time, rollmops are commonly served as part of the German Katerfrhstck (hangover breakfast) which is believed to restore some electrolytes.

I'm in - sounds delicious!

(credit to wikipedia for the quote)

Rollmops grew popular throughout Germany during the Biedermeier period of the early 19th century and were known as a particular specialty of Berlin, like the similar pickled herring dish Bismarckhering. A crucial factor in their popularity was the development of the long-range railway network, which allowed the transport of herring from the North and Baltic Seas to the interior. The fish was pickled to preserve it and transported in wooden barrels. In pubs in Old Berlin, it was common to have high-rising glass display cases (Hungerturm, meaning "hunger tower") on the bar to present ready-to-eat dishes like lard bread, salt eggs, meatballs, mettwurst (bacon sausage) and of course rollmops. At the present time, rollmops are commonly served as part of the German Katerfrhstck (hangover breakfast) which is believed to restore some electrolytes.

I'm in - sounds delicious!

(credit to wikipedia for the quote)

Just so happens i know where to purchase some Rollmops, was looking at them just dis mornin might hold you to that Sean :icon_vomit:

could someone please ( as far as someone is able to do so) take some photos of the morning after?

Id give away 10 kegs of my foinest Zwickel Beer, if I could see ya eating rollmops for breakfast
lachen.gif

Just so happens i know where to purchase some Rollmops, was looking at them just dis mornin might hold you to that Sean :icon_vomit:

could someone please ( as far as someone is able to do so) take some photos of the morning after?

Id give away 10 kegs of my foinest Zwickel Beer, if I could see ya eating rollmops for breakfast
lachen.gif

Allright I'll do it. I have never had rollmops as I always they were pickled octopus! Herring sounds much better!

And the drive home will be aromatic to say the least! :D

Allright I'll do it. I have never had rollmops as I always they were pickled octopus! Herring sounds much better!

And the drive home will be aromatic to say the least! :D

I can see it now,less than fit bunch of brewers

Brekky's ready !

Rollmops_02.jpg

I am pleased I can't make it now ! Could get a bit messy :icon_vomit:

Batz

If somebody brings them I'll eat them for Brekky no probs. Bit of an unfair advantage seeing as though only pickled is still even more cooked than I am used to eating seafood. Try raw squid guts and raw prawns and scallops. To tell you the truth the nastiest thing you can get is some of the Japanese cooked seafood to be honest. I ate some cooked freshwater mussels that looked like cungewoi that were the bitterest things I have ever eaten.

Rollmops,.... ha! for pussies. You'd loose your 10 kegs pretty fast with me Zwick!

Did any of you sunshine coaster get your PM's I sent youse regarding the German bread bakery in Peregian?

Here they are. On the front of the barby you can see things in big grey shells. I would take rollmops over these nasty little buggers anyday. Rest of the barby was good though.

bbq.jpg
As soon as you hear 'It's considered a delicacy you know' run, run like hell!

Here they are. On the front of the barby you can see things in big grey shells. I would take rollmops over these nasty little buggers anyday. Rest of the barby was good though.

View attachment 21867

The ones in the shell for me ! yum...and drink the juices

batz

View attachment 21867

How do you get the rollmops in the shells Henno? :lol:

Perigian is nearly an hour from BULP and myself, so what I'll do is check out the local bakery and get a few knocked out for sat AM pickup. How many do you think we'll need?

InCider.

Latest posts

Back