Sunshine Coasters Oktoberfest In Agnes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henno

Beermologist
Reaction score
I have been given the green light from SWMBO to have a get together here in October. I am putting down an Oktoberfest soon in anticipation. Saturday of the 11th or the 18th is open or the Friday night of either of these weekends if that suits most.

I was speaking to Batz today about combining it with some fishing. He doesn't think it will work with a one overnight stay. If there is some interest in this I would suggest two nights here and the fishers could stay Fri night and fish Sat morning and then the beer festivities would be the Sat night after nanna naps of course. There will be a lot of my mates from a fishing club in town over those two weekends that may be able to take a few of us out that are inclined to wet a line. Or we could just go out in my boat which would fit me and another two.

If this does not come to fruition I am not fussed but will still try to get an emperor or trout for the barby. Muddies may be back on by then as well. Of course now I have mentioned it we will get bugger all.

I thought beer and food in the German or even vaguely Euro theme would be the go. So if somebody else wants to bring a vienna or weizen or some german sausages we can all use bad German accents and talk about invading Poland.

Well I think I'll be in on this,not the fishing but the German knee slapping and drinking.
I'll try to brew an Oktoberfest for the occasion,I do have two shuts between now and then.Maybe on Andrews brew day weekend? Andrews then the Oktoberfest !

oktoberfest_front_page.jpg

Batz :icon_cheers:

Poop, away 8th - 12th then ANHC in Melbourne on 22nd don't think I could swing it mate.

Well I'll have to check my Punky Brewster diary........................Looks OK at this stage, but will have to file a leave pass with the big banana. I'll update soon.
Henno thanks for offer to fish and I am very interested, but last time I went out I got sick as a *******...might give it a miss, fishing not the drinking.

If Bulp and Insider a looking for a ride I might drive???? Let me know lags...get it!!!

Jay

Generous offer Henno, i can sense another big one, blow up bed could be the order of the day it will give me some insperation for the Lags to get some germans in the fermenter, i just so happen to have a cd called "German Beer Drinking songs" you'll love it .

Well I'll have to check my Punky Brewster diary........................Looks OK at this stage, but will have to file a leave pass with the big banana. I'll update soon.
Henno thanks for offer to fish and I am very interested, but last time I went out I got sick as a *******...might give it a miss, fishing not the drinking.

If Bulp and Insider a looking for a ride I might drive???? Let me know lags...get it!!!

Jay

Good onya Jay sounds like a plan i'll be up for the Drinking side of things and some German Thigh Slapping, already got a tentative ok from the minister of war and finance. And i always sleep better with a german sausage inside me :p

Orright Mike this is just not acceptable. In my lubricated state I have read and reread your post and consulted my diary. If you are away on 22nd why can't you make it on the weekend of the 18th? I may have a big tantrum and call the whole thing off if you can't come. Carn do it for ya pussa mate!

This doesn't even have to be October really, if we have to have a Novemberfest then stuff it we will!

As for sleeping better with a German sausage inside you I seem to remember you saying all you wanted was to have Batz's golden ale inside you bulp. Either way mate we'll get something inside you.

If everybody just fires off some weekends in the Oct/Nov range that would be good for you and we'll sort it from there. As a professional giggolo I can make my work fit around this occasion.

Orright Mike this is just not acceptable. In my lubricated state I have read and reread your post and consulted my diary. If you are away on 22nd why can't you make it on the weekend of the 18th? I may have a big tantrum and call the whole thing off if you can't come. Carn do it for ya pussa mate!

You know how bad I want to make the Okky in Aggie, so dirty mate. I would wear out a pair a crabs and walk there if I could, but there's just so much shite on. Might send up some bottles so I can be there in spirit, maybe some Belgian Golden Strong, been looking for a name to give it, maybe "Make Ya Bed Belgian" or "Belgian Disassembler" would that be acceptable :lol:

Screwy

Carnnn screwy, i gotta pick your brain about the Kolsch :icon_cheers:

SCREWY, SCREWY, SCREWY, SCREWY SCREWY. Lets just keep chanting till he changes his mind

P.s You know what i love about this forum i'm still recovering after yesterdays conference and the next one's already planned :beerbang:
The Belgian disassembler and me have a special connection ( i can't remember was it me or the bed that got "disassembled')
The Okky in Aggie is gunna rock

SCREWY SCREWY SCREWY SCREWY SCREWY SCREWY

SCREWY, SCREWY, SCREWY. Carn mate, you are obviously loved. How about the weekend before or the weekend after?

If it makes it easier I'm going to insist that bulp brings the same bed. This time I'll have a video camera.

Frig it's the only W/E I've got to get my shit together for Melbourne, there till 26th. Fingers in ears La La La La

If the invite is open; I'll also put my hand up for this.

Hopefully I'll have another boat by then, so the extra fishing trip sounds fun.

QldKev

Frig it's the only W/E I've got to get my shit together for Melbourne, there till 26th. Fingers in ears La La La La

Carn Screwy HTFU you big nancy boy :beerbang: , I've had a quick chat to the big banana and I quote "That's fine (and then she rolled her eyes)", and thats good enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!
So I'm keen for the 18th and I will drive up and have room for 3 extra's, so poor little Mike can relax in the back.
I really think you need to open a big can of man-up screwy, and don't even think of send me standard answer #1, I just will not here of it. And before you ask, I'm giving Ross's birthday for this!!!!

And what do you have to get ready for Melbourne????
1 - Self
2 - Clothes

Jay

No probs Kev. In keeping with the theme though could you please buy a German boat. One of those nice U-boats would be nice to fish out of.

No probs Kev. In keeping with the theme though could you please buy a German boat. One of those nice U-boats would be nice to fish out of.

Henno, out of curiousity. How many beers have you had?????

Quite a few young man, quite a few. But I was completely sober when I started the thread though so it's all cool.

Anyone passing this way I could do with a ride,meet you on the highway at Pomona

Batz

Anyone passing this way I could do with a ride,meet you on the highway at Pomona

Batz

Batz, your welcome to a seat in the wagon. Please note that beer will be loaded before bedding and personal items, so if they don't fit........ :D
Will talk more in the coming months.

Jay

Latest posts

Back