Sunshine Coasters Oktoberfest In Agnes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here they are. On the front of the barby you can see things in big grey shells. I would take rollmops over these nasty little buggers anyday. Rest of the barby was good though.

View attachment 21867
As soon as you hear 'It's considered a delicacy you know' run, run like hell!
I don`t want to trumpet my ignorance Henno, but wtf are they?
They look like some sort of big clam or such.

staggalee.

Hey SCOIAs,

Just got 24 crunchy bread rolls for the wurst. Couldn't find any German mustard - must be a WW2 thing as there was only French & English. So I got a small jar of each and some wholemeal mustard too. After the pic of Henno's BBQ and the 'man oysters' I'm starving. But, like Stagga, I don't know what they are!

Time to go and mess around with some beers in the shed...

InCider.
Member of SCOIAs & The Brewerhood

BUMP!

Just had a taste of the Apfelwein. And I think we'll need some contraceptives. Even after two weeks fermenting (I thought it was done!) it still kept going in the keg!!! It was the first time I thought a keg was going to bend on me. :blink: Then last Saturday Jay told me he had buckled a keg!!!

It's making me a bit pissy so I'll go and have another to make sure...

I'm so EXCITED!

InCider.

Good morning all,
Well time is almost upon us and I am getting ready for the road trip. As for popping into Batz and the bakery, I would love to but either one will add an hour + onto the trip (probably two or three if we go to Batz's :chug: , it would be rude not to have a couple of beers)
Agnes here we come.

Jay

Have a good one guys ,girls and incider.. ;)

Cheers

Thanks Ned, I am sure the usual pics will get a running tomorrow afternoon - the ones that have put my political career on hold (Since my first swap!) :lol:

Have a good one guys
Get those pics on the site first thing after the rollmops brekky I have to leave early tomorrow.

batz

After the pic of Henno's BBQ and the 'man oysters' I'm starving. But, like Stagga, I don't know what they are!

Until confirmation of what they actually are, they shall be known in BBQ Annals as U.F.O.`s.
{Unidentified Frying Objects} :(

staggalee.

Have a good one.

I don't know what they are myself. It was in Japan, I didn't know the names of half of what I ate over there. They just fitted into different categories taste-wise in my head. The things in the shells went into the burnt bitter rubber category. I was looking for a rollmop to get the taste out of my mouth!

Everything is organised up here chaps. The fireworks display is being set up by the pyro guys in the back yard and will start straight after the F111 fly past and fuel dump. The beer serving wenches are in the spare room getting into their German skimpy outfits as we speak.

Well really I've just brewed some beer and bought a packet of chips which I can't find a bowl for.

See yas soon.

Hey just about to leave for Henno's place. Question, does anyone here have his & Terri's address/phone number?

QldKev

Hey just about to leave for Henno's place. Question, does anyone here have his & Terri's address/phone number?

QldKev

geeez, you`ll be in a bad way coming home if you don`t know where you`re going to start with :lol:

staggalee.

Man, what a day and night! :) Thanks Henno for the hosting, Jay for being chauffeur, Lyle & Brett for 347 'PROSTs!' during the drive up.
Great to see you again QldKev and the lovely Mrs QldKev, Julie. And Mark - Budwiser - great to make your acquaintance mate!

And the food! Oh! Awesome sausages from Henno, breakfast sausages from Budwier, BULPs sauerkraut and sausage for dinner and the jager sausages for the road trip were a treat!. And for breakfast we added bacon!

And the rollmops were delicious! We got stuck into them a bit early Zwickel!

And Rosemont! Thankyou! :lol:

I'll post a few pics now and get on with it!

InCider

Awesome party Henno thanks for hosting mate had a friggin blast the food was awesome once again, and were always spoilt for choice of beer. And i must say brewers you've gotta see the dunny "hands up all the people with a remote control toilet" I liked the turbo jet :unsure: .

And the Lads from the car what can i say BEST ROAD TRIP EVER :beerbang: PROST, Thanks for Driving Jay, 3 drunken germans and one spaced out Volvo driver priceless, we never did catch that bus but Lyle thought the goat was cute

All thats left to say is

:super: WE LOVE YOU ROSEDALE :super:

And the rollmops were delicious! We got stuck into them a bit early Zwickel!
thats right, it also helps if youre going to eat it in advance
....but more if you eat it for breakfast, it helps to call "Rrrrrralph" :icon_vomit:
I'll post a few pics now and get on with it!

oh yeah please, you guys really made me jealous :icon_chickcheers:

The Road Trip to Henno's Oktoberfest.

We'd only got as far as the Ettamogah Pub before we hit the Cider. Mein Gott! The Apfelwein was strong and hilarity ensued. The German made Volvo was christened the 'Kraut Wagen' almost immediately. We left without Henno's phone number or address. And Baa Bra! :eek: We asked everyone from Rosedale onwards for direction to 'Henno's'.

BULP and InCider giving it a nudge!
PA180093.jpg

Holding onto the 'jesus handles' during the ride through Gympie. We're so tough we didn't lock the doors! :lol:
PA180092.jpg

PROST! (number 56 in a limited number of 347) Lilo is furnished with a traditional road-trip drinking vessel.
PA180091.jpg

Childers. Time to change the kegs over...
PA180089.jpg

Volvo - German Precision Engineering
PA180086.jpg

Thankyou Rosedale!
PA180103.jpg

No man is an island. But none of us wanted wet shorts.
PA180106.jpg

The Road Trip to Henno's Oktoberfest.

We'd only got as far as the Ettamogah Pub before we hit the Cider. Mein Gott! The Apfelwein was strong and hilarity ensued. The German made Volvo was christened the 'Kraut Wagen' almost immediately. We left without Henno's phone number or address. And Baa Bra! :eek: We asked everyone from Rosedale onwards for direction to 'Henno's'.

BULP and InCider giving it a nudge!
PA180093.jpg

Holding onto the 'jesus handles' during the ride through Gympie. We're so tough we didn't lock the doors! :lol:
PA180092.jpg

PROST! (number 56 in a limited number of 347) Lilo is furnished with a traditional road-trip drinking vessel.
PA180091.jpg

Childers. Time to change the kegs over...
PA180089.jpg

Volvo - German Precision Engineering
PA180086.jpg

Thankyou Rosedale!
PA180103.jpg

No man is an island. But none of us wanted wet shorts.
PA180106.jpg

Great costume bulp, very Bayerisch - Tyrolean, Lederhosen and Suspenders. Can't wait to see pics of InCider in a Dirndl :lol: not that it would be unusual just interesting to see.

Latest posts

Back