Sunshine Coasters Oktoberfest In Agnes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in rainy oz now. Property is still here but my oktoberfests are, well, suss to say the least. Mind you I have not drunk that many. Anybody that wants to bring one up to show me how bad mine are is welcome. I will have a few ales on tap though.

Have made a few contacts in the seafood industry lately. Anybody that finds tiger prawns, bugs and scallops not German enough let me know if it is too offensive.

Henno I don't go for the seafood at all, but as long as there is Bar-B that I can sizzle me sausage on, I'll be sweet. Is anybody taking any vegies or salad out of curiousity????

Jay

There will be a barby with german snags, fresh crusty bread rolls and saurkraut. I have my eye on some real german mustard at a local deli as well. I'll think about salads and stuff when we get closer if somebody hasn't volunteered.

There will be a barby with german snags, fresh crusty bread rolls and saurkraut. I have my eye on some real german mustard at a local deli as well. I'll think about salads and stuff when we get closer if somebody hasn't volunteered.

The week of the event I'll take a drive and get my "treats". Near my old place, the butchershop was established about 75 years ago by a german settler, it's still in the family and they still make there own snags and smallgoods, bloody good too.

Jay

Cheers Cider, unfortunately those are the days of my break. I doubt the Uni will accept "AHB Ocktoberfest Meetup" as a valid reason for missing lectures ;)

Anyone is welcome in HB for a few beers if you are in the area! Just send me a PM and let me know when you will be around. I will try to dig out a few special beers just for the occassion :party:

How many ladies are going to be there? My wife is thinking of coming for a laugh!

QldKev

How many ladies are going to be there? My wife is thinking of coming for a laugh!

QldKev

Mate I offered to the boss that she should come, knowing all the while that with three units :blink: (Incider, Bulp and Batz) already reserving seats in the shootin' wagon that she would probably withdraw. But if she does change her mind, Incider's riding on the roof I guess. :D

Jay

Henno and Teri - Oktoberfest and some kind of German sausage
Batz -Alt Bier and some kind of German sausage and sauerkraut
Bulp - Weizen (hopefully) air bed and food to be decided
AndrewQld - Bo Pilsner, Linseneintopf
Jay - drinks and food TBA
QldKev - Crusty bread rolls and TBA
InCider - TBA closer to the day. Maybe even a cider!
Budwiser - coleslaw and potato salad

Bring her along Kev. Bedrooms are a bit short on though if you are staying. Actually I just realised I have a big two room tent that will be put up with an inflatable camp mattrice in it. We will also have a bit of floor space in my shed which is lined and airconditioned so more of a guest house with austar dishes really. First in to bags them gets them.

Thanks Henno, Put the wife and I in for the shed; we will bring along all our own bed stuff. we'll be able to watch 10 chanels of Austar at a time once I get all the dishes running. :eek: It will be just the Sat night, looks like the friday fishing is off for me.

QldKev

Henno and Teri - Oktoberfest and some kind of German sausage
Batz -Alt Bier and some kind of German sausage and sauerkraut
Bulp - Weizen (hopefully) air bed and food to be decided
AndrewQld - Bo Pilsner, Linseneintopf
Jay - drinks and food TBA
QldKev - Crusty bread rolls and TBA
InCider - TBA closer to the day. Maybe even a cider!
Budwiser - coleslaw and potato salad, home made brekky sausage

Hey Brewerhooders,

I'm bringing a mate with me - Dodgy. He hates fishing with a passion so he's bringing a boat.

Jay - I'll be getting a ride up on Thursday nite so I'll leave a seat clear for Cath. (or an oxygen tent ) :lol:

If anyone else is keen for Friday/Saturday fishing let me know.

InCider.

How big is the boat Incider? If we get a wind free day I love to go just offshore and chase mackerel or even a little marlin. If the boat is big enough to go out wide we will be in trout/emperor teritory.

Two nights ago we went about 5k's out got this little bugger
cobe3.jpg

I love Cobia!

I haven't see this one, but the last one was and offshore that Dodgy had.

Nice pics Henno - I've got wood just thinking about the fish! :super:

I didn't have a gymbal belt to fight this fish. I haven't had wood since. The bruising is just starting to go away. No guarantees that we have good weather and even if we do that we produce any fish. That's why it's called fishing and not catching. If it's blowing a gale we can float around the creek and chase flatties or jacks.

On another note I am a bit worried that my Oktoberfest's are going to be a bit bland. I may end up supplying something very non German in the beer department. I am working on my sausage recipes though.

If we apply saurkraut to this guy would it be German enough? Or put a little moustache on him maybe.
trout1.jpg

Almost time to confirm dates,times and directions Henno.
I brewed an Alt for the occasion yesterday.

Batz

GDrinker.jpg

Much as this kills me to say I am going to have to drop out.

The following weekend is the ANHC conference in Melbourne and since part of my prize in the QABC comp was an all expenses paid trip to Melbourne I'll be going down, and two weekends away in a row just isn't possible at the moment with all the other commitments I have going on.

I know Henno and Terri will show you a great time, so have fun everyone.

Andrew

Much as this kills me to say I am going to have to drop out.

The following weekend is the ANHC conference in Melbourne and since part of my prize in the QABC comp was an all expenses paid trip to Melbourne I'll be going down, and two weekends away in a row just isn't possible at the moment with all the other commitments I have going on.

I know Henno and Terri will show you a great time, so have fun everyone.

Andrew

And we changed the dates for you :p
As an act of generosity I will take you're place and do the conference thingy,so you can attend the Agnes meet !
No,no,no it's ok thanks Andrew,least I can do.

Batz

And we changed the dates for you :p
As an act of generosity I will take you're place and do the conference thingy,so you can attend the Agnes meet !
No,no,no it's ok thanks Andrew,least I can do.

Batz

Ha!!!!! Fat chance, have you had a look at the menus for the 2 dinners? :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back