stc 1000+

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solid connection.
When i go into serial monitor after making the connection, it's a blank menu. Nothing saying stc or anything.
I type in d & send in the top bar but nothing. Just searching & searching but finds nothing.
It should be a piss of piss but it's doin my head in.

I had the same problem when I first tied it and I gave up and went back after a day or two and it worked.
Try closing the program and restarting the computer.
Mine will flash every time now

This is all I get when I open serial monitor.
STC is powered on at this stage.

blank.PNG

Click serial, put in com5 (or whatever it says in device manager) change your baud to 115200 and hit connect.

You should get text, if you don't unplug and replug arduino and try again.

I just get the black screen with a little green box in the corner.
I'm aborting it. **** the auto ramping control.
A 20sec flash has taken me all afternoon & I've still got nowhere.
Putting it back together & tossing the Uno.
Thanks for the help anyway.
Cheers

Crusty you give up too easy... Do you have a green light on the uno board? Have you actually uploaded the sketch to the uno?

Moad said:
Crusty you give up too easy... Do you have a green light on the uno board? Have you actually uploaded the sketch to the uno?
Was about to ask the 2nd Q.

Moad said:
Yeah mate.
Green light & orange light.

Sketch uploaded

sketch.PNG

Chose Arduino / Genuino Uno for board & Com 5 Genuino Uno for port.
I have the same Uno as you from ebay so not sure what's going on. Connect pins & try to open serial monitor & no info there at all.

I uploaded the blink sketch example & that downloaded to the Uno.
Port 13 was blinking as it should. I then cleared that with the default sketch & TX & RX flashed & back to solid orange on port 13.
I'm certain from that example, the board & port are set correctly but at a loss as to why the serial monitor displays no STC connected even though the STC is powered on & I have a good solid connection.

Crusty said:
I uploaded the blink sketch example & that downloaded to the Uno.
Port 13 was blinking as it should. I then cleared that with the default sketch & TX & RX flashed & back to solid orange on port 13.
I'm certain from that example, the board & port are set correctly but at a loss as to why the serial monitor displays no STC connected even though the STC is powered on & I have a good solid connection.
You are using a 6 pin thingo with 5 wires and 5 contact points
Double check where the 5 wired contact points are touching.

You should get the text regardless of connection to stc I think. I'll check for you

Edit: yep the text comes up with no stc, the d is to check the connection then you hit a to write the firmware.

So it looks like your problem is the sketch or the wrong com port. The green light comes on on the board when connecting to it through putty. Are you using the sketch I gave you the link to?

This is the sketch right? Post #52.
I make sure board is right, com port is right, solid orange light on 13 & green on light.
Connect pins, go to serial monitor & nothing! ******* nothing!
Do you need to input any text into the sketch, post #52, or just upload the *******.

Crusty said:
This is the sketch right? Post #52.
I make sure board is right, com port is right, solid orange light on 13 & green on light.
Connect pins, go to serial monitor & nothing! ******* nothing!
Do you need to input any text into the sketch, post #52, or just upload the *******.
No. You need to click file-> open. Select picprog.ino

Then select your board and port from the Tools menu.

Then upload.

Crusty said:
Yeah mate.
Green light & orange light.

Sketch uploaded

attachicon.gif
sketch.PNG

Chose Arduino / Genuino Uno for board & Com 5 Genuino Uno for port.
I have the same Uno as you from ebay so not sure what's going on. Connect pins & try to open serial monitor & no info there at all.

picprog.JPG

Well, I know now why I was having so much trouble.
The picprog option was missing from my computer so I couldn't get that file up to open. I uninstalled & reinstalled & found it.
I run it through, got the STC bit, hit D then A & it made the buzzing sound for about 25sec or so then stopped. I got this menu & then lost power to the STC.
I can't seem to power it on now via the Uno, is it cactus or is that right?

programming mode.PNG

Crusty said:
Well, I know now why I was having so much trouble.
The picprog option was missing from my computer so I couldn't get that file up to open. I uninstalled & reinstalled & found it.
I run it through, got the STC bit, hit D then A & it made the buzzing sound for about 25sec or so then stopped. I got this menu & then lost power to the STC.
I can't seem to power it on now via the Uno, is it cactus or is that right?

attachicon.gif
programming mode.PNG
That looks like an error message.

Start over.

Back