stc 1000+

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here has tried one of these units. I had a quick search but could'nt find anything. Surprising if thats true coz even with my lack of electronics and programming knowledge it sounds pretty easy. Im just waiting on some Dupont jumper cables?. With a UNO, 5x5 pin headers and some jumper cables it cost about $17. I have an Elitech STC which isnt compatible but the first STC I bought for my ferm fridge is. So I'll use the Elitech as a back up.

So has any one used them before as a ferm controller? I have already loaded up the UNO with the biz. Just waiting on an ale and then ill give it a go on a pils that i have waiting.

Yeah mate, the hardest part is holding the pins onto the stc. If it fails just run it again. Surprised a search didn't turn up with anything.

Pm me if you have any dramas.

Okay, this has 'win' written all over it. Moad and Mardoo, we will be talking... :beer:

Mardoo said:
AWESOMMMMMMMME!!!! Huge thanks Moad!
Any time mate, the RIS is delicious thanks very much.

Yob said:
is that already modded to 0.1'c accuracy? (not that I think 0.3 is bad.. but you know.. it aint 0.1'c ;)
Not sure what the accuracy of the STC is but you can set the hysteresis to .1 if that helps? I'll be controlling my ferment with a BCS soon enough!

Edit: I know what you meant now, yeah within .1 either side so a range of .3 is the best you will get with the STC. I don't think it is a problem though as you will get that variation within your fermenting beer anyway wouldn't you?

my thoughts too nosco, PID is $70 vs stc of $25 and some effort although both look equally as confusing to program at first :)

edit: on second thought auberins ramp/soak model is about $90 delivered so it does come out a bit cheaper!

I was thinking more along these lines. Id be happy with manual control and a pump at this price if it could run my 5500w element. Im still a relative noob so baby steps. Its a rex c-100 which Tex n Oz mentioned in another post of mine but Im not sure if he was taking the piss or not. Still PIDs look pretty easy to wire up but Id still have to get my mate to help out.

Do you plan on selling any flashed versions moad?
They look the goods that's for sure.

nosco said:
I was thinking more along these lines. Id be happy with manual control and a pump at this price if it could run my 5500w element. Im still a relative noob so baby steps. Its a rex c-100 which Tex n Oz mentioned in another post of mine but Im not sure if he was taking the piss or not. Still PIDs look pretty easy to wire up but Id still have to get my mate to help out.
the custom firmware allows you to program step mashes etc without fiddling, maybe not as accurate as PID's but not sure.

Crusty said:
Do you plan on selling any flashed versions moad?
They look the goods that's for sure.
Happy to do it for cost, they don't take long to flash. PM me if interested

I've got 4 STC 1000's & saw somewhere how to tell if their flashable.
I can't be arsed trying to find it.

Crusty said:
I've got 4 STC 1000's & saw somewhere how to tell if their flashable.
I can't be arsed trying to find it.
geMu5tx.jpg

Open it up like so. Look at the printing on the board.

Well bugger me, all mine are flashable.
I downloaded that programming zip from GitHub but it doesnt contain the picprog file that I need.
I'd like to get the board to flash mine + some mates here even though Moad has made a very kind offer to do it for me.

Crusty said:
Well bugger me, all mine are flashable.
I downloaded that programming zip from GitHub but it doesnt contain the picprog file that I need.
I'd like to get the board to flash mine + some mates here even though Moad has made a very kind offer to do it for me.
It's quicker to use the web based profile editor to download the file.

Select stc 1000+ vanilla single probe.

Put in a couple fermentation profiles, eg.
Ale, lager, nottingham faux lager.

Then download that.

Latest posts

Back