Stc 1000 reading minus 15°

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooper80

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have two stc 1000’s. Just hooked them up into my power box and they are both reading minus 15°. It’s 27° today. The calibration only has 30° in it so I can’t move them that much. Anyone have any idea??
Adjustments.JPG

Wrong polarity on the sensor ?

I’ve gone and used the longer probe from the keg land temp controllers. It was them that have thrown the temp out! I swapped back to the smaller (shittier) stc proves and it all works perfect

I was testing a small 240V-12V psu on monday and checking the terminals individually with a mutlimeter gave me nothing but both either gave a positive or negative depending on which way around i measured them.

Hi guys, I have two stc 1000’s. Just hooked them up into my power box and they are both reading minus 15°. It’s 27° today. The calibration only has 30° in it so I can’t move them that much. Anyone have any idea??View attachment 117734
You've swapped the probes, for some strange reason KL uses 50k probes, industry standard is 100k (or the other way round, can't remember) I raised the issue on the KL Q&A a while back and didn't get a response, my assumption is it ties you into buying their probes for their temp controllers rather than ebay ones at a quarter of the price. Just check the resistance of the supplied ones then ebay that figure, not many available (it's an odd one) but a few there.

Latest posts

Back