stc 1000+

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a message and got a pretty quick reply.
"
We have one carton mixed with A400-P version, so much sorry for it.

If you still need it again, you can place new order. I will send correct A400-P version to you.
your last order if you hope refund, we will refund money to you. So much sorry for it.

Lois"

Cant argue with that i guess. So sorry bout that. False alarm.

Don't be sorry. It's great to hear it's sorted but it's also nice to have a heads up.

The email is addressed to kevin (not me). Bit of cut n paste emailing i think lol

The 2 I got today are the correct version. [emoji106]

Happy Camper.

Has anyone who's done this firmware upgrade added in an Arduino for temp logging?
I've just ordered a bunch of cheap arduinos, so I'm thinking of having one (with a wifi header) sending the temps to my web server
I've done a little reading and have found some code for reading from a 10K NTC with an arduino, I'm just thinking about piggybacking off the NTC on the STC1000

sp0rk said:
Has anyone who's done this firmware upgrade added in an Arduino for temp logging?
I've just ordered a bunch of cheap arduinos, so I'm thinking of having one (with a wifi header) sending the temps to my web server
I've done a little reading and have found some code for reading from a 10K NTC with an arduino, I'm just thinking about piggybacking off the NTC on the STC1000
Have you looked at the logging on the STC1000+ GitHub?

I also think Mats is implementing a wifi logging feature in the future.

Could someone tell me a good source for a cheap arduino uno? (or even lend, or sell, me one that's wired up and ready to flash an STC1000?)

My STC1000 arrived in the mail today and I want to flash it with the stc1000p/ovbsc/ firmware and then use it as a straight replacement for the STC200 in my Grainfather unit.

kaiserben said:
Could someone tell me a good source for a cheap arduino uno? (or even lend, or sell, me one that's wired up and ready to flash an STC1000?)

My STC1000 arrived in the mail today and I want to flash it with the stc1000p/ovbsc/ firmware and then use it as a straight replacement for the STC200 in my Grainfather unit.
depends if you're happy to wait for china-post to save some $... under $5 if you don't mind waiting
I used this one without issue (and currently use it for a brew-pi)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ATmega328P-CH340G-UNO-R3-Board-USB-Cable-for-Arduino-DIY-S3-/221834670694

Don't forget some header/dupont wires also

Mattrox said:
Have you looked at the logging on the STC1000+ GitHub?

I also think Mats is implementing a wifi logging feature in the future.
I had a quick look, but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning it other than in the description
When my Arduinos get here I'll have a better read

My arduino uno arrived yesterday.

I was able to use a pin header to power up the STC1000, but couldn't get a serial monitor (tried both the Arduino IDE and Putty) to recognise that the STC1000 was connected.

I continually got "STC-1000 NOT detected. Check wiring." messages (and after a lot of trying ended not even having the option to type 'd' in the input fields. So I'm guessing turning my computer off and then back on tonight will fix that and I can then get back to fiddling with the wiring/connection).

Tried it again tonight and got it working at the 2nd attempt. All good. All I need to do now is swap it into my Grainfather controller box.

Used the STC1000p/OVBSC for the first time with my Grainfather today. Very happy with it.

A few parameters that I'll make little changes to, but otherwise today was the easiest brew day I've ever had.

Can anyone using the STC1000p/OVBSC with a Grainfather help?

I have only one minor problem: I can't seem get the Hot Break settings right (Ht, HO & Hd).

I've tried a few varitions of those 3 settings, but always either get boil over or go too far the other way and have it sitting at about 95C. And if it's at 95C then there's another problem where the next step, the Boil Duration (Bd) timer, will start as soon as Hot Breal duration (Hd) has finished - regardless of whether it happens to be boiling at that point (may or may not be boiling depending on your Ht, HO & Hd settings).

Latest posts

Back