stc 1000+

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for some reason my progs didnt upload to the stc so I had to program it manually :unsure:

My first ferment is now finished & I'm really happy with the controller after a few teething problems at the beginning due to user error.
It completed the final 7 day duration @1degC & then swung to thermostat mode as expected & maintained 1deg until I ended the programme.
This is going to come in very handy & well worth it to flash one yourself or get someone to do it for you.

hopefully someone can point me to where I'm going wrong.

Got my Arduino uno last week, and got sick of waiting for some wire bits from china so a few bucks later at Jaycar and all sorted.

- Programmed Arduino with the picoprog - TICK
- Soldered header to STC1000 - TICK
- Connected STC1000, powered up Uno, enter serial mode, type 'd', STC1000 detected - TICK
- type 'a' and download, lots of buzzy noises and programming completed - TICK

So, all the basics work, but now I want to generate a profile via http://goo.gl/z1KEoi

Selected 'Vanilla' STC1000 for the sketch type, downloaded a picoprog that it generates
- Programmed Arduino with it
- Connected STC, powered up Uno, selected 'b' (program only)

Once it reboots I got into the Pr0 mode and it has the same default 'SP0' of 16 degrees despite my Pr0 SP0 from the generate site having a different value

Anyone see where I am going wrong and why the settings entered into the website wouldnt be making their way to the SP's I can see via the STC1000 once programmed?

SBOB said:
hopefully someone can point me to where I'm going wrong.

Got my Arduino uno last week, and got sick of waiting for some wire bits from china so a few bucks later at Jaycar and all sorted.

- Programmed Arduino with the picoprog - TICK
- Soldered header to STC1000 - TICK
- Connected STC1000, powered up Uno, enter serial mode, type 'd', STC1000 detected - TICK
- type 'a' and download, lots of buzzy noises and programming completed - TICK

So, all the basics work, but now I want to generate a profile via http://goo.gl/z1KEoi

Selected 'Vanilla' STC1000 for the sketch type, downloaded a picoprog that it generates
- Programmed Arduino with it
- Connected STC, powered up Uno, selected 'b' (program only)

Once it reboots I got into the Pr0 mode and it has the same default 'SP0' of 16 degrees despite my Pr0 SP0 from the generate site having a different value

Anyone see where I am going wrong and why the settings entered into the website wouldnt be making their way to the SP's I can see via the STC1000 once programmed?
The only thing I can think of is you uploaded the wrong picprog .

Did you save the data to a cookie?

Go to the web editor again to re-download the picprog with the correct profiles and save to a known location . Ensure it is the new file you upload

Mattrox said:
Did you save the data to a cookie?
This I did not do...
So its. create profile, save to cookie, download picprog?

Edit:
Sorted.. a 'b' program only download didnt work but a full re-download via 'a' did

Now, anyone got any decent profiles they want to share or tips/links to some profiles to build from?

I had the same problem. I had to quickly manually enter in a lager profile at the last minute coz i had already pitched

SBOB said:
This I did not do...
So its. create profile, save to cookie, download picprog?

Edit:
Sorted.. a 'b' program only download didnt work but a full re-download via 'a' did

Now, anyone got any decent profiles they want to share or tips/links to some profiles to build from?
I'll show you the graphs of what I put in later tonight. It's bath the threenager time now.

Oh, when you load from cookie you then have your info so it's easier to tweak.

I had a re-read. Of you send 'b' it saves the old profiles on the Stc 1000+ while updating the firmware. It is to preserve the precious set points when upgrading.

Mattrox said:
I had a re-read. Of you send 'b' it saves the old profiles on the Stc 1000+ while updating the firmware. It is to preserve the precious set points when upgrading.
makes sense that it didnt work for me then ;)

Not exactly the most well documented page, but its incredibly cool how you can spit out the config from it (though would be good if it had the options to modify all the other settings from the same page like heater/fridge relay delays etc)

SBOB said:
makes sense that it didnt work for me then ;)

Not exactly the most well documented page, but its incredibly cool how you can spit out the config from it (though would be good if it had the options to modify all the other settings from the same page like heater/fridge relay delays etc)
You can, look in "set" my hd (heat delay =0) my cd (cool delay) is 2. ;)
STC 1000p settings.JPG
Pr0 Ale
Pr1 Lager
Pr2 Cold Nottingham ferment
Pr3 Saison
Pr4 default 16 degree flat
Pr5 Steam Beer.

Mattrox said:
I received my STC 1000 from the Aliexpress source.

I had a quick look to confirm version. I got a pleasant surprise. The solder points are bare. This should make it easier to fiddle around with.

:)
Just got around to flashing this one, makes it 10x easier that they are bare. Just stick the pins in and let them rest there. All of about 30 seconds to do... I might stock up

Moad said:
Just got around to flashing this one, makes it 10x easier that they are bare. Just stick the pins in and let them rest there. All of about 30 seconds to do... I might stock up
I just ordered 2 more. Hopefully they end up with exposed holes too.

I want to make a 2 probe unit with the SMD resistor, without stuffing it up this time.

I also want to make one into a controller for an Urn based 1V system.

I've pretty much used the current one to get used to working with the flashing etc. I'll box it up as a 2 probe version and experiment with the red/blue led as the heating cooling indicator and give it to a home brewing work mate. Once that's done I'll do one for me.

I got a unit a week or 2 ago from Alixpress through the link on Github. I was going to use it as a hex controller. Just opened it up today. It has no vers. Number and no programing header. Looked on Github and it seems to be a new issue. From what mat says on there it does not look like an A400 :(

Latest posts

Back