State Of Origin (upb)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a New South Welshman, I heartily support the QLD selectors decision to omit Scott Prince from the team - best move they made, if ya ask me (at least from our point of view!). No doubt the maroons wont play so badly in game 2, but I sure hope the blues play as good.
Why do they make us wait 3 weeks between games now? Bastardo's.
T.

Even though QLD in the second half, or much of the match, looked out of the game, as a long time NSW supporter there's always that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when they start to get a small amount of a roll on.

What I felt was heartening from a NSW point of view was that they didn't allow QLD to get that momentum, they kept going, QLD style, for the whole game.

And Hunt at 6? When you have 3 other better options that could be taken straight of the bat?
I mean Inglis plays 6 for his club, Thurston used to play 6 and Prince would have done a better job...
Hunt may have defended brilliantly but he was too knackered to pass the ball...

A surprising lack of "stink" considering all the talk...

Thank God for 4 other free to air stations

Waiting for the backlash :p

Go Aussie Rules

Actually watch a good show called Insight on SBS last night had Nick Far Jones and a Drug user by the name of Craig Fields on it...interesting story.

Rook

Blue's to win AGAIN tonight.

Go Aussie Rules

Actually watch a good show called Insight on SBS last night had Nick Far Jones and a Drug user by the name of Craig Fields on it...interesting story.

Rook

I'm hearing ya Rook. Watching grown men sticking fingers up each others dates does nothing for me........ :rolleyes:

You guys need to give yourself a dead set uppercut.

Cheers.

I will not be commenting on SOO tonight. It is unnecessary anyway as you should all know all know my leanings by now. :p

I am afraid that I seem to have upset certain prominent (???) people on this Forum with my comments on invasion in another thread even if it was all tongue-in-cheek & in good fun. :lol: So much for free speech & democracy. :(

I may not agree with what you say
But will fight to the death your right to say it ---- Voltaire on democracy & free speech

Shaping up,
TP :beer:

Go Blues!

I'm just waiting for a parochial Queenslander to put up a post about well, Queenland!

still waiting..

press any key to continue......

:lol:

You beat to me to it Pete!

CARN THE BOMBERS.....

NRL....WHAT THE F**K IS THAT????????

***Flame suit on***

:p

B)

Nah, as an adopted QLDer, I'm hoping the Maroons SMASH the Wannabees.... :)

Go Aussie Rules

Rook

LOL-It`s Farr Jones, you imbo, FARR Jones!
Go the Qld`rs.

16-0 to the blues, I hope? :lol:
There have been a couple of dodgy ref decisions (the "2 forward passes and one knock on" passage of play the worst), but I am astounded at the form turnaround. QLD have played a near flawless half, I can only hope that Craig Bellamy has a very good speech up his sleeve.
Go the blues
Trent

Not taking anything away from the maroons, they were well dominant, but isn't it weird that there was no replay at all of that passage of play. Absolutely nada except for the bit right at the end that led to the penalty.

I don't care who wins or loses, but when the NRL start dictating to the TV networks to not make the refs look bad, it dtracts from the whole game. It's happened a lot this year. As much as I dislike Phil Gould for some of his crapola, at least he doesnt tow the sponsorship line and he calls the refs as he sees them.

:icon_chickcheers: QUEENSLANDER 30 - ZIP :icon_chickcheers:

Yeah, Schooey
I was in the dunny at half time, so I wasnt sure if there was absolutely no replay on that play, but I was a bit miffed about it. Not as miffed as I am at Craig Bellamy's half-time speech (disclaimer - it may not have actually been these words) "Right fella's, I want you all to stand as close as possible to the middle of the park when you are in defence. If we are in attack, for god's sake, DON'T pass the ball. If you accidentally do, give yerself an uppercut. And Willie - make sure you drop the ball whenever it comes near you."
Full points to queensland, though, they played very well. Just a pity NSW played like the maroons did in the first match. Could this be a game 3 ticket sale conspiracy? :eek: If only the blues could play with the same passion and pride as the cane toads...
All the best
Trent

16-0 to the blues, I hope? :lol:
There have been a couple of dodgy ref decisions (the "2 forward passes and one knock on" passage of play the worst), but I am astounded at the form turnaround. QLD have played a near flawless half, I can only hope that Craig Bellamy has a very good speech up his sleeve.
Go the blues
Trent

Not taking anything away from the maroons, they were well dominant, but isn't it weird that there was no replay at all of that passage of play. Absolutely nada except for the bit right at the end that led to the penalty.

I don't care who wins or loses, but when the NRL start dictating to the TV networks to not make the refs look bad, it dtracts from the whole game. It's happened a lot this year. As much as I dislike Phil Gould for some of his crapola, at least he doesnt tow the sponsorship line and he calls the refs as he sees them.

Blah blah blah blah.........

:)

Another outstanding game from Willie, only 3 or 4 dropped balls tonight. He's definately on the improve.

yeah, he really should hire a PR agent or something to vet his press releases. PRETTY GOOD FOR A BUNCH OF REDNECKS!!!!!!

GO QUEENSLAND!!!!

yeah yeah... gloat while yah's can... <_<

Had to have a giggle when the commentators said tonights score equalled the biggest margin in SOO. they must have forgotten about that cold Sydney night of June 7 2000, when 56000 odd fans watched Ryan Girdler score a hat trick in a 56-16 win to the mighty Blues..

*dons flamesuit*

Back