Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramp up speed is quicker than I thought it would be. The rocket works really well. I've actually built a HLT (old coopers fermenter) with an element from the same kettle used in the rocket. It takes 25L sparge water 30 mins from 28C to 78C.
Cheers
BBB
28C being cold out of the tap ? you still have those part numbers I sent you ?
Nev

call it $3500 :p then if he says less you wont be disappointed! :p

yes cant see it being close to that. But least that price will leave you with alot of bling in the brewery ;) Will be looking out for the price when it does come about though.

This fanboy will now go and polish the red rocket ... it is already so shiny.... oh neville
cheers
BBB

View attachment 53037

Nice red rocket there BBB,
I'm interested in building a similar contraption and was wondering if it is a completely sealed unit, and if so, how do you go about relieving the pressure inside?

as Brad pointed out, price will depend on what parts of the kit you need. Ill only need herms 'rocket', controller and temp parts. Ive got a brewery and pumps etc so its wont be anything like $3500.

Just wanted to comment on the fantastic service from Nev at Gryphon.

I ordered my coil and 2 brown pumps Wed arvo and received in Melbourne first thing this morning.

Bloody wrapped.

Mr W

Nice red rocket there BBB,
I'm interested in building a similar contraption and was wondering if it is a completely sealed unit, and if so, how do you go about relieving the pressure inside?

JDW81 - not completely sealed. Just has a small hole in lid to let the steam out. Simple as. Wait for Nev's pdf on the build.
Cheers
BBB

Just wanted to comment on the fantastic service from Nev at Gryphon.

I ordered my coil and 2 brown pumps Wed arvo and received in Melbourne first thing this morning.

Bloody wrapped.

Mr W
crap really? i ordered min on the weekend and it hasnt arrived :( Ive been waiting to wire the little bugger up.

edit: just checked my order and it was posted tuesday. so hopefully mine has arrived today. bloody delivery guy was probably a girls blouse yesterday and didnt want to get out of his truck because of the rain.

crap really? i ordered min on the weekend and it hasnt arrived :( Ive been waiting to wire the little bugger up.

edit: just checked my order and it was posted tuesday. so hopefully mine has arrived today. bloody delivery guy was probably a girls blouse yesterday and didnt want to get out of his truck because of the rain.
I would recommend that you use Express from WA as standard satchel post times can be ordinary. We process the orders very quickly and then its at the mercy of Australia post.
Nev

Our head office is in Bibra lake and we'd be lucky to recieve goods in 4 days from them using standard post. Even express can take (max) 2 days

I would recommend that you use Express from WA as standard satchel post times can be ordinary. We process the orders very quickly and then its at the mercy of Australia post.
Nev
my bad, I didnt see express post as an option. ill wait patiently and try not to think of brewing.

now to wait on the herms kit.

Just got a phone call, mine has rocked up. Woohoo get to build it up this weekend, and hopefully do a brew on it.

QldKev

At home I had both a KMart (Homemaker) and also a Big W (Abode) kettles.
(was going to use the elements for my HLT but ended up with the KegKing ones)

I noticed the Homemaker was a tight fit, whereas the Abode seems to fit nice. I may keep the kettle and not worry about building the rocket for now to see how it goes. I need to build a basic stand to lift it just of the heating element and all is done.

16032012940__HDTV__1080__.jpg

Nev, was there a reason you moved away from the kettle install?

QldKev

Latest posts

Back