Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan doesn't need another one of those ;)

So in that picture is it in the yellow pipe (plumber PVC sort of thing?)

How hard to make?
Pretty easy, some tube (plumbers 100mm PVC DWV out of site bin) glue a few bunnings fittings and a 40mm hole for the element and you are in business.
When I have time I will post bunnings parts list and measurements.
Nev

How do you reckon it would go with one of those keg king 220W long stainless elements in the centre of the stainless ring?

If you reckon it would be alright I will buy one now.

How do you reckon it would go with one of those keg king 220W long stainless elements in the centre of the stainless ring?

How long is the element and if you come in from the top some of the elements not going to be submerged as you cant fill this device to the top.
Could work if you come in from the bottom.
Nev

Pretty easy, some tube (plumbers 100mm PVC DWV out of site bin) glue a few bunnings fittings and a 40mm hole for the element and you are in business.
When I have time I will post bunnings parts list and measurements.
Nev

The parts list / blueprints for it would be great

I may wait for the plans, then consider if staying the standard kettle element will be better than the kegking element. The kettle setup will be heaps cheaper and I'm not that impressed with the kegking element. Not saying I'll never buy more kegking elements but just cant see great quality in the unit.

And with the $9 kettle element you can mount it from the side

Yeah it would be bottom mounted.
Does it fit inside the ring part of the stainless tube?
Standard keg king 290mm long

Thanks Drew
Seen it in action yet ? I believe there is a pro type up your way producing beer :ph34r:
Nev

I am yet to see it. Actually the man in question is yet to shout me a beer. For all I know he is taking my recipes and your ideas and selling them on the black market <_<

Looking promising for me to be in Perth late April so will drop you a line before hand, i'm in the market for a few bits of hardware.

Drew

Too early for ball park figure on complete set up?

Edit. Nev I also sent a pm or email (can't remember which) about ur braided coil. Looks interesting

Too early for ball park figure on complete set up?

Edit. Nev I also sent a pm or email (can't remember which) about ur braided coil. Looks interesting
Yep to early to call but about 2k cheaper than that other system thats popular on this site. We are not supplying vessels just essentials like controller, pump, coil, silicon. braid for FB, stainless fittings etc in a kit form.
So you still have input into your own brewery design. The basic design (entry level) utilizes a 30L fermenter for the mash tun. Every ones got a spare one of those. This system can be as basic or as blingy as you make it. It good quality product at an entry level price.
No point shipping vessels from WA, makes it too expensive.
Nev

Yep to early to call but about 2k cheaper than that other system thats popular on this site. We are not supplying vessels just essentials like controller, pump, coil, silicon. braid for FB, stainless fittings etc in a kit form.
So you still have input into your own brewery design. The basic design (entry level) utilizes a 30L fermenter for the mash tun. Every ones got a spare one of those. This system can be as basic or as blingy as you make it. It good quality product at an entry level price.
No point shipping vessels from WA, makes it too expensive.
Nev

This looks great. I'll be up that way in a week or so. Will defiantly need to check this out, very interesting.

Paid for, thanks Nev!!!

You dont happen to have a font chiller fan for a keggerator (the kegking fan chiller style) do you?

The parts list / blueprints for it would be great

I may wait for the plans, then consider if staying the standard kettle element will be better than the kegking element. The kettle setup will be heaps cheaper and I'm not that impressed with the kegking element. Not saying I'll never buy more kegking elements but just cant see great quality in the unit.

And with the $9 kettle element you can mount it from the side

Im with Kev on this, a standard kettle has definitely got to be the easiest way to set this up for a trial, then build it up as fancy as you want from there.

I'll chuck one of these through with my brown pump order next week Nev..

cheers

Paid for, thanks Nev!!!

You dont happen to have a font chiller fan for a keggerator (the kegking fan chiller style) do you?
Thanks KB I hope to see some input on your ideas.
No I dont have a fan but I have some interesting ideas on how to cool towers but thats not story-boarded or in developed yet.
It will work but it may not be energy efficient enough.
Nev

Latest posts

Back