Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And with the $9 kettle element you can mount it from the side

I've been running mine simply plonked in a standard domestic kettle for years (was copper, now Nev's SS coil), no modification required. So yeah.

The lack of barbs or threads is no hindrance, you'll blow silicon hose apart before any pressure would slide the hose off the ends with hose clamps.

Also you can trim the ends of the coil if you see fit to adjust the entry/exit angle of the tubing to your preference.

Trying not to sound like a wanker .... BUT ..... I'm using the system and it is fucken super. I setup the entire system and am step mashing like a pro (even with Nev's chinese language instuctions - or was he just pissed ... I digress). It is simple and the components (the Rocket (heat exhanger)) are easy to put together and the brown pump and controller do the work. VERY,VERY HAPPY.
If you are about to buy a braumiester - stop - step away from the keyboard. Wait for this - simple, functional, cheap HERMS ...... I'm glad I did.
I love you nev
Cheers
BBB

Trying not to sound like a wanker .... BUT ..... I'm using the system and it is fucken super. I setup the entire system and am step mashing like a pro (even with Nev's chinese language instuctions - or was he just pissed ... I digress). It is simple and the components (the Rocket (heat exhanger)) are easy to put together and the brown pump and controller do the work. VERY,VERY HAPPY.
If you are about to buy a braumiester - stop - step away from the keyboard. Wait for this - simple, functional, cheap HERMS ...... I'm glad I did.
I love you nev
Cheers
BBB
You had me at Wanker :lol:
Nev

you may all mock, laugh and scoff. I have one so suck shit. And my Rocket is red.
Cheers
BBB

I am yet to see it. Actually the man in question is yet to shout me a beer. For all I know he is taking my recipes and your ideas and selling them on the black market <_<

Looking promising for me to be in Perth late April so will drop you a line before hand, i'm in the market for a few bits of hardware.

Drew

So you are using it to make beer Triple B. When you going to shout me one?

Fan boy alert. I am one of the gimps guinea pigs who has tested this system.

All I will say is I want one. Brilliant.

Fan boy alert. I am one of the gimps guinea pigs who has tested this system.

All I will say is I want one. Brilliant.

This fanboy will now go and polish the red rocket ... it is already so shiny.... oh neville
cheers
BBB

Rocket.jpg

Back