Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queensland guys I have on of these urns, I think it's 8lt and would go so well with Nev's coil. Just drill two holes in the lid and your in business, it has a temperature control that would get you started until you added some sort of more accurate control.

Anyway I'll never use it so it's yours if you want it, it'll need a bit of a clean it's been in the shed.

__KGrHqRHJ_wE8_wMdwziBPYyMK5UKg__60_12.jpg

Ebay piccy not the actual urn, but it's much the same.

batz

Not stainless is it Dan??

Just ordered and paid for one. Now what am I going to do with the copper one I made a couple of months ago

No its copper Nick, but yours if you want it all the same.

Its only bling if people can see it remember...

Here is the full and updated HERMIT HX build guide.
Thanks to AHB Chalky it now looks professional and is an easy read.View attachment 53219 Look for the parts checklist on the last page.
Feed back is appreciated.
Nev
heaps better Nev.
If i get to bunnings on the weekend Ill see if i can fll in some of those part numbers
a few suggestions
1 warning - voltage doesn't kill, ampage does ;) but "10amp can kill" isnt as impressive as 240V can kill (so really ignore this).
2. 4.3 - possibly worth a note in here somewhere that if they are wanting to play with coil ends (flare, bend whatever) that they should do it in this step before proceeding
3. 6.2 figure 7. could be clearer about where your drilling the hole. I assume its on the '+'. If you edited the doc to include a MS Word line and arrow pointing to the spot.
4. 7.3 I dont understand "I found using wood on the outside and flat metal on the inside gave me good flat results". metal on the inside?
5. 7.3 I think you've missed step of drilling the hole for the electircal assembly to fit into (ie the actual step of cutting the 40mm hole).
6. 8.3, figure 13. I'd be tempted to silicone around the outside of the plug assembly as well. just to be sure. But Im part of the 'you cant have too much silicone" school of thought
7. 6.3 what tool did you use to cut down the asembly (and dont say yourself!)

gotta cater for tooltards if you want their business.

My coil was sitting on the bench when I got home, great turn around time Nev :beerbang: . Will takes some pics of it in action when I brew tommorrow night.

Cheers

I was hard getting into your house, now to run home again for next delivery to Bundaberg. :D

Nev

I don't expect too much Nev, I'm a little further away than brad, tomorow will be fine thanks.
Oh and would you mind taking the garbage out when you leave and don't forget to lock the door please :lol:

Cheers
Andrew

I think Australia Post has fallen asleep again. Nev posted mine on monday and still not here. :(

I think Australia Post has fallen asleep again. Nev posted mine on monday and still not here. :(
They are as unpredictable as ever. It states on the big red box Interstate delivery 3-4 business days. I always laugh :lol:

Notice they use business days and not working days .
Nev

When you live in WA you learn to go Express post all the time. For me a week is not a long time to receive a order from over east, using standard post.

I have two HE that were built for dual purpose heating and cooling. Look very similar to Nevs but bigger. For cooling all you have to do is install an additional two Fittings for in and out of water. Instant High speed chiller without clogging!

Jim

I have two HE that were built for dual purpose heating and cooling. Look very similar to Nevs but bigger. For cooling all you have to do is install an additional two Fittings for in and out of water. Instant High speed chiller without clogging!

Jim

Just for confirmation, these will fit onto 1/2" compression fittings yup?

Just getting my order all sorted for the (necessary) brewery upgrades.

Sponge

Just put in my order. :super:

God knows what I'm going to do with my 6M of wound copper and brass fittings knocking around in the garage now. I cant wait to test drive this bad boy!

Cheers for the hard work Nev.

Back