Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd imagine in Kin Kin... ;)

And where would I find one of these nylon olives?

Also Argon, where is the best place to get those silicone o rings (Besides craftbrewer, I cant justify going out there to get 6 washers).
Bunnings or plumbing supply shop. Easy peasy.

I'll see what I have in the arsenal for tomorrow Dan. Can't promise anything, but might have something to help!

And where would I find one of these nylon olives?

Also Argon, where is the best place to get those silicone o rings (Besides craftbrewer, I cant justify going out there to get 6 washers).

They're just your bog standard white olive from any hardware store.

Copper_Olives-191-133.jpg

-EDIT- helps if I finish my sentences... ;)

Love it , not sure I could go further than an extension lead though. I could always strap a solar panel to my head and go out in the midday sun.
Nev

They're 12v nev, you seen how long a 12v battery drill last for these days. You might wanna have a spare battery with you though.

Didn't get around to brewing but did get to do a quick put together for tommorows brew. It may not be pretty but it will work. Once I am happy with the way my system looks I have a relo that works in stainless fab and likes my beer ;) . The best thing about the mash lid is that I can recirc the HLT water then change lids and recirc the mash then it sits on the side of the kettle for mash and sparge transfer. Obviously not a permenent set of but it allows me make adjustments and still brew 3 cube batches. I will post pics tmorrow when I have set the rig up properly.

Cheers

hermes_coil.jpg

how_it_works.jpg

Didn't get around to brewing but did get to do a quick put together for tommorows brew. It may not be pretty but it will work. Once I am happy with the way my system looks I have a relo that works in stainless fab and likes my beer ;) . The best thing about the mash lid is that I can recirc the HLT water then change lids and recirc the mash then it sits on the side of the kettle for mash and sparge transfer. Obviously not a permenent set of but it allows me make adjustments and still brew 3 cube batches. I will post pics tmorrow when I have set the rig up properly.

Cheers
Looks the goods. Dual use is prefect, now to use the coil to chill as well.
Nev

Looks the goods. Dual use is prefect, now to use the coil to chill as well.
Nev
I love the idea of using it for chill too. I have a plate chiller which I love, but having the coil which I can swap from kettle to bucket of ice water sounds fkn awesome...

I love the idea of using it for chill too. I have a plate chiller which I love, but having the coil which I can swap from kettle to bucket of ice water sounds fkn awesome...
Me and my co conspirator/designer were working (over beers) on it today, it needs to be setup the in the same hermit-HX heat exchange but in reverse to its intended use.
It can use the original Hermit- HX housing design with a couple of in and out connectors (cross flow) and should be efficient for water used. Dual purpose in one unit !
We havent trialed it yet but should do the job. Any ideas/ trial info welcomed.
HERM-IT TRANS V1 here we come. :icon_cheers:
Nev

Me and my co conspirator/designer were working (over beers) on it today, it needs to be setup the in the same hermit-HX heat exchange but in reverse to its intended use.
It can use the original Hermit- HX housing design with a couple of in and out connectors (cross flow) and should be efficient for water used. Dual purpose in one unit !
Nev

I have a 10L stock pot I was thinking simply pulling the coil out and dumping it in that. That will be harder though with your HERMIT design.

Nev

Working and Beer. No wonder my invoice took so long to get to me :lol:

Cross fingers it is here by Wednesday next week so I can play/brew Thursday.

Working and Beer. No wonder my invoice took so long to get to me :lol:

Cross fingers it is here by Wednesday next week so I can play/brew Thursday.

I call foul play. Talk to BBB...no doubt he has something to do with it. Only Hermit in Gero and all... ;)

I call foul play. Talk to BBB...no doubt he has something to do with it. Only Hermit in Gero and all... ;)

I know of others in town with shiny new brew bling as well. I can not sledge poor Triple B as he supplied me with some bits and pieces for my own build, even thoe I want to sledge him.

Drew

So how good are these things, 63 of the total post count of 178 (35%) from WA. To be expected I guess, but 42 of these (66%) posts are from Gryphon Brewing.

Anyone using one care to comment on the performance.

Screwy

So how good are these things, 63 of the total post count of 178 (35%) from WA. To be expected I guess, but 42 of these (66%) posts are from Gryphon Brewing.

Anyone using one care to comment on the performance.

Screwy
Screwy, I will be able to let you know how it goes after tommorrows brew. I have replaced my dodgy copper coil with this one.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back