Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hoses were pushing to one side due to the makeshift arrangement to test leaking

Will be addressing this before brewing

Cheers
ah ok, I wasnt sure if it was just that the coil didnt fit into the kettle. v interesting.

Received my coil yesterday. Nice little unit. Will be picking up a BigW kettle today for trialling. Will just plonk the coil in and sit the whole lot in a bucket for spillage protection and safety... Or may even splurge on a small SS pot to sit it in (for bling's sake)

Maybe do a trail run this weekend. Cheers nev

Received my coil yesterday. Nice little unit. Will be picking up a BigW kettle today for trialling. Will just plonk the coil in and sit the whole lot in a bucket for spillage protection and safety... Or may even splurge on a small SS pot to sit it in (for bling's sake)

Maybe do a trail run this weekend. Cheers nev
I don't really think that's a great idea. If you have enough water spillage to warrant a bucket you will end up with your electric kettle sitting in water...

I don't really think that's a great idea. If you have enough water spillage to warrant a bucket you will end up with your electric kettle sitting in water...
True. :rolleyes: Will just secure it place then, to avoid knocking it over.

Pimp my HERMS!!!

Ok so I decided to make myself a Hermit build with the PVC, it looked schmick as, but a word of warning to everyone; DON'T USE A KEG KING 2200W ELEMENT!!!!!!!

By the end of the mash I noticed that it had a definite lean going on, so I donned my industrial gloves and gave it a poke, and it was soft to touch.....

Yes, I had indeed melted my HERMS

All the expensive parts of it were fine, and I had a mate over for a brewday who suggested that his neighbour could make me something similar out of stainless...

I jumped at the idea and the next day (YES THE NEXT FRIGGIN DAY) this is what he had made for me:

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Which now turns my brewery into this:

IMG_0237.jpg

Thanks to Gaz & his neighbour and Gar for the awesome sticker that helped me to pimp my HERMS.

Incredible KBB.

do NOT ever post pics of such bling EVER again! :angry:

Due to drool in my keyboard! ;)

Seriously, one killer rig man!

Looks great Dan!

How did the beer turn out? Hit all your targets?

Bling Bling alert. B) Nice job.
I can still read whats under the foil around the lid of right keg ;)
Nev

Yeah but at least I attempted to hide it.... they have plenty of em anyway...

Reminds me of a funny story, I was showing Chuck Hahn some pictures of my brewery and remembered halfway through the slide show that I may have used a keg from a company he may or may not have dealings with....

I ended the slideshow halfway through just in case he had a go at me....

Looks great Dan!

How did the beer turn out? Hit all your targets?

Smashed targets Nick, got an extra 10 points in efficiency!

Thanks heaps for helping me set that up, you won't be buying many beers on Saturday....

Ha, sounds good to me ;)

Not a problem mate! Happy to help! It's all practice for me too!

Got my brewery wired up the same afternoon, tested OK on Sunday, so will be brewing maybe next weekend...

Anyway... Back on topic!!

Cheers

That's purrrrrty..... stainless is addictive I reckon :p

Cheers for the ciders too KBB, just hit the spot after that camper-van job

ifuckenhateu

Edit: how'd the compression fittings go?

stilllotsahate

Pimp my HERMS!!!

Ok so I decided to make myself a Hermit build with the PVC, it looked schmick as, but a word of warning to everyone; DON'T USE A KEG KING 2200W ELEMENT!!!!!!!

By the end of the mash I noticed that it had a definite lean going on, so I donned my industrial gloves and gave it a poke, and it was soft to touch.....

Yes, I had indeed melted my HERMS

All the expensive parts of it were fine, and I had a mate over for a brewday who suggested that his neighbour could make me something similar out of stainless...

I jumped at the idea and the next day (YES THE NEXT FRIGGIN DAY) this is what he had made for me:

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Which now turns my brewery into this:

IMG_0237.jpg

Thanks to Gaz & his neighbour and Gar for the awesome sticker that helped me to pimp my HERMS.

KBB - a pox on your brewery ... you cant win a prize, as all rockets are technically made of pvc .... thank god
That's just shit hot
Cheers
BBB

I used the argon method for the compression fittings, worked a treat.
Nice work mate... I'm going to have to drop in one day for a look.
So how many pms did you get from people asking who and how much to make one of those enclosures? Just saying, cause I could be persuaded into procuring one.

Back