Stainless Herms Coil Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nev you have defiantly got over your little set back, Gyphon is going hammer and tong !

Great to see you filling a void that was much needed mate, it's all go from here hey?

Batz

At home I had both a KMart (Homemaker) and also a Big W (Abode) kettles.
(was going to use the elements for my HLT but ended up with the KegKing ones)

I noticed the Homemaker was a tight fit, whereas the Abode seems to fit nice. I may keep the kettle and not worry about building the rocket for now to see how it goes. I need to build a basic stand to lift it just of the heating element and all is done.

View attachment 53099

Nev, was there a reason you moved away from the kettle install?

QldKev
Kettle install looked like it had potential to spill hot water, drinking and brewing can be dangerous, so I decided to contain hot liquids and it is also more efficient in the heat exchange.
The first few times I just wacked the coil in on top of element in kettle. Dont go burning yourself Kev. :(

Nev

Well you could silicon the kettle to a nice sheet of MDF or whatever if you want to be ghetto AND safe. ;)

My rocket is just on an old tile I had hangin around...... I too thought about the kettle option but I must say - the kettle is functional but looks very, very uncool imho. The rocket has style ..... only costs a couple of bucks and a bit of fun to put together ..... I'm looking for a CAT sticker to pimp it
If it is not a CAT then its a Dog ....

Cheers
BBB

Just finished my 4th brew using Nev's system. Much more fun than BIAB ......
All interested brewers should be looking for the parts list and building a rocket while waiting for the rest of the system to come on line ....
Nev doenst know it but yes, I am affilated and want 50% of the profit <_< ....
Cheers
BBB

cool. will be up with the brewers apprentice.

Wish there was an option to order this with an outlet at the top, and outlet at the bottom (one above, one below out to the side...). Have a 8L urn already drilled and ready, and this would save me sourcing a coil on my own....

Hmmmm!

Wish there was an option to order this with an outlet at the top, and outlet at the bottom (one above, one below out to the side...). Have a 8L urn already drilled and ready, and this would save me sourcing a coil on my own....

Hmmmm!
Sorry there is one option only but nothing to stop you cutting and adding bends or compression fittings.
Nev

Indeed. Would prefer a seamless option though. Will consult the nearby stainless dealer and see what happens....

OK Dan, will do.... You can explain to the missus ;) However I've already drilled my urn, and really need a coil to fit. We shall see. New power circuit for the brewery was run today (after much swearing an fumbling around in roof space by yours truly!). Is fit off at the board, and just needs at fit off at the switch when I source some conduit. Then it's all systems GO for the the 32A powered Super HERMS. Ahem.

But back on topic! Stainless. Shiny. Mmmmm.

You know that old coil I had in my old herms corny keg?

You are welcome to it.

Top and bottom as well....

Back