Ss Brewtech "Chronical" 7 Gallon Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt no chill in something like this. Seen what happens to a cube when it cools. The only way to no chill in this type of vessel is to be able to control the expansion/contraction of the vessel by letting in air. It may be possible, but who wants to see their shiny bling all dented up, because didnt want to buy a chiller. It kins of defeats the purpose of a stainless fermenter if you are no chilling in plastic then fermenting in S/S. I have no chilled, but now use a plate chiller and stainless fermenters. As reported by someone else on this site - a distinct improvement in overall beer quality. The best investment for a few years - on the list for a couple of brew buckets.
Cheers
LB

spryzie said:
Poor in boiled wort, seal...
Bang! Big dent in shiny fermenter.

Do not completely seal a stainless vessel when no chilling. It will most probably collapse under the negative pressure.

You could however attach a Co2 hose at very low pressure via a bung in the lid, or just use a sanitary air filter instead. See No chill in corny thread for more info.

Hi All in reference to the no chill idea all though it is possible it is not recommended as stated above fermenters even stainless ones especially stainless are not designed for this purpose with the price of relatively cheap wort chillers it just makes good sense to chill as quickly as possible and then put your wort into the fermenter as close to pitch rate as you can. Of course you can then ferment at what ever the temp that best suits your style.

Florian said:
Bang! Big dent in shiny fermenter.

Do not completely seal a stainless vessel when no chilling. It will most probably collapse under the negative pressure.

You could however attach a Co2 hose at very low pressure via a bung in the lid, or just use a sanitary air filter instead. See No chill in corny thread for more info.
Just on the subject of using CO2 just remember that the Ss Brewtech Fermenters are only rated at 5psi which is designed primarily for transfer situations you so as Florian suggests you would need to keep your co2 pressure very low.

No chill in stainless. Put a bung in and then an air filter, keg king catalog p.51 as it cools it will suck in clean air. No damage to fermenter.

"0.2 Micron Air Filter
These 0.2 Micron Air Filters will filter out microbes and bacteria. They can be used in many different ways. They can be used with our wort aerator pumps (above) so you can aerate your wort, or can be used as an airlock in the top of your fermenter. They can also be used to filter air going back into a cask when dispensing real ale."

ooh! exciting! not too long away either. Thanks!

17 gallon I'm interested.
Sav

Looking at the bucket x2 too qld. What would the height be stacked on each other thanks

Sav

Newerabrewing said:
Hi All interested in some feedback around the popularity of the 7 Gal vs 17 gal versions there is some talk from the states of a 14 Gal version by end of year but price difference may not be great between the 14-17. So my question is how many of you would prefer a 14-17 Gal version and how many are happy with 7 Gal We are planning on brining 17 Gal in Aug but limited stock info on the Newera Brewing web site.
I brew 60L batches (fills three kegs)in 60L fermenters with not enough headspace. Thus Super interested in the 17G conical, but most likely will not be getting SWMBO approval this year :(

Newerabrewing said:
Hi Sav sorry for the late supply just over 1 metre stacked I think not including top airlock.

Let me know if you want me to put a couple inside we can arrange pickup to save freight if you like in Brisbane
How much for the 2 buckets all up thanks. Is that 1 metre total with 2stacked.
Sav

Guys,
This is not a Retailer Thread.
Please use the pm facility or ask questions in a retailer thread.

@Newareabrewing, please contact Austin at admin re gaining retailer status if you havent already.

Cheers

dicko said:
Guys,

@Newareabrewing, please contact Austin at admin re gaining retailer status if you havent already.

Cheers
Hi dicko

Have already asked for retailer status a couple of weeks ago even offered to go on the sponsored program but heard nothing back. Subsequently have only been answering any questions that are asked not actively selling still hoping someone might answer my retailer request though.

sav said:
How much for the 2 buckets all up thanks. Is that 1 metre total with 2stacked.
Sav
Hi Sav

Yes just over 1 metre stacked plus top airlock/blowoff for any pricing check out the website or send me a message with your delivery details and I will let you know.

Newerabrewing said:
Hi dicko
Have already asked for retailer status a couple of weeks ago even offered to go on the sponsored program but heard nothing back. Subsequently have only been answering any questions that are asked not actively selling still hoping someone might answer my retailer request though.
Yes mate, I thought that may have been the case.
I will chase it up with admin..

dicko said:
Guys,
Cheers
Newerabrewing said:
Hi dicko
dicko said:
Yes mate, I thought that may have been the case.
I will chase it up with admin..
Cocko said:
Newera is the distributor/importer and direct on line.

Full pint [We] are the Vic exclusive dealer, Hence we started a retailer thread.

ETA is:

June for Brew Bucket
July for Chronical 7
August for Chronical 17

Hope post is within guide lines?

Cheers
Guys,
I asked that you use the PM facility for sales enquiries and answers.

Most on here don't want to read sales spiel in Gear and Equipment and most dislike heavy handed moderating.

None of us want to lock this thread as members are genuinely interested in this new piece of equipment but if this situation persists then it will be considered.
At this stage I will hide all the posts relevant to sales and enquiries.

Newerabrewing; I strongly suggest that you contact Austin at Admin again re your current status

dicko said:
Guys,
I asked that you use the PM facility for sales enquiries and answers.

Most on here don't want to read sales spiel in Gear and Equipment and most dislike heavy handed moderating.

None of us want to lock this thread as members are genuinely interested in this new piece of equipment but if this situation persists then it will be considered.
At this stage I will hide all the posts relevant to sales and enquiries.

Newerabrewing; I strongly suggest that you contact Austin at Admin again re your current status
thanks have been in contact with Austin thanks for the Assitance

Postage from either Bris or Melb is very reasonable considering the cost. Naturally, in our imagination, these things are the size of Stone and Wood's main fermenter but actually it's not all that big, could easily trip over it in the dark.

Back