Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOES ANYONE KNOW PHRAKS ADDRESS YET ???

Swap is tomorrow and i for one have no idea where its at ...
well i know its Baulkham Hills but thats all ...

Sorry mate! I thought I sent you a PM, but I just checked and I haven't. I got everyone else though :blink:

PM with my address is on it's way.
Tim.

got it now mate all good ...

lookin forward to seeing everyone there tomorrow arvo !!

was good to get together and meet you fellow brewers and exchange some of our wares , thanks to Phrak, Mrs Phrak and Little Miss Phrak for givin up their place for the arvo , pity AndrewL couldnt make it but im sure he had good reason.. all good , now time to sample and report back...

good stuff !!!!

Twas great to meet up for some top beers, boys.

Hey Boozy, what was your brew again?

And what happened to AndrewL?

Phrak, I've got your Oaked ale in the fridge ready to sample with the outlaws...

Pete

Thanks to Phrak and Co and was good to meet all you fellas! Look forward to another one in the future.

Phraks Oak Ale is chillin in the downstairs fridge waitin to be punished as will others be shortly as space becomes available for now they are settling after the car ride in a nice cool dark spot in the dungeon ...

any word on what happened to andrewL ? and ideas on whats gonna happen with gettin his bottle of brew?

oh and check out the link below for another small swap for xmas/new year

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry156271

OK , have dealt with the Dutch Knight , and i must say i was impressed , great color, clarity and excellent head retention i thought there was a sponge on top of my glass the head was that good , only compliant i had was it was possible a touch bitter for my tastes but thats nothin against the beer thats just me, my girlfriend liked it too if thats anything to go by she said it had the flavor of turkish delight in it dunno where she found that but thats what she said ...good job tim, and ive just started a label collection of swap/home brewers beers yours is my first find ... interesting to see what others have to say on this one , tomorrow night will try Gulpa's APA , its gonna be a busy week ....

Thanks Barra, Glad you both liked it!

It was basically a Country Brewer Oak Ale Wetpak, boiled for 60mins with as much water as my 19L pot would allow (maybe 12-15L?), with 500g of Light DME added 15mins before the end of the boil. I also added 30gms of Fuggles at 30mins and 25gms Fuggles at flameout for 10mins.

So yeah, now you mention it, that would kinda explain the little bit of extra bitterness.

But thanks again for your honest feedback! :)

I haven't tried anyone elses beer yet (out for dinner last night), but they're all in the fridge waiting patiently!

And if you want a better copy of my label, here ya go! :)
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...ost&id=9071

Regards,
Tim.

Thanks Tim for supplying the venue.

It was good to meet you guys (again for tim and pete).

Ive got boozy's brew in the fridge and should get to it this week sometime.

Pete, I put down a pale ale tonight (ESP 3Kg) and I just had to go out and get some Nelson Sauvin to chuck in after trying your brew yesterday. It smells awesome in the fermenter.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Gee, maybe I should have chucked a sickie and come to the swap, heres a round up of my CRAP day.

Wake up late - alarm set wrong.

Motorbike starts to play up, squeaks like a stuck fan belt then i've got smoke pouring out from between my legs. I gave it a rest, its German, it made it to work (where it now sits) :(

Work with a tool who has a bad attitude all day. :blink:

Catch the train home.

Line work on the tracks - Bus interchange.

Ride bus through Cabramatta

Some friendly soul throws a brick or something in the window about 1.5 inches away from my ear. :angry:

Not happy, cut face, sore earhole! (not bad cuts, the noise hurt more)

Theres my sob story :p

Oh and yes, give that circus beer some time to calm down upright, and maybe have two glasses ready to recieve!

yeah well mate looks like things just got better after i spoke to ya on the phone, perhaps a sickie wouldve been the go , although that may have only been delay the carp for a day means you would have broke down in heavier traffic etc etc being a monday .... anyway theres always next time

hey phrak what kinda yeast did ya use in that beer , my culturing experiment is continuing and ive got your yeast goin now ...

just got home from an appointment, now its time to get into gulpa's APA

Ok just gulped the APA, reminds me a lot of one of the favorite brews from the motherland , MELBOURNE BITTER, once again a good retention of head , good glarity, but sorry andrew the g/f wasnt a fan of this one , but then again she doesnt like melbourne bitter or VB either , but i think its pretty damn good stuff, label #2 for my collection aswell...

another job well done , is anybody going to present me something i can critisize???

Circus beer is chillin for consumption tomorrow night ....exicited beer will be contained in a large jug as have the others to keep clarity at its best by having one pour into the jug and leaving the yeast behind..

thanks mate ill see if i can make it grow big and strong ...

Any word from AndrewL as to what happened and when were gonna see his bottle ???

fair dinkum boozy did you put soap in that brew of yours , the bubbles just dont stop flowin off the bottom of the glass, brilliant !!!
taste was good, bitterish mouth taste with a sweet kinda afterburst, g/f gives it the thumbs up too, impressive , any idea what kinda alcohol content it is btw ?? also what type of yeast ?? the experiment continues....

tomorrow being payday i think ill shout my self a ho and deal to her in the garden .... and pete if possible could you send through a copy of your label so i can print it , i dont fancy my chance of peelin yours off the bottle seein ya used sticky paper...

Ok just gulped the APA, reminds me a lot of one of the favorite brews from the motherland , MELBOURNE BITTER, once again a good retention of head , good glarity, but sorry andrew the g/f wasnt a fan of this one , but then again she doesnt like melbourne bitter or VB either , but i think its pretty damn good stuff, label #2 for my collection aswell...

another job well done , is anybody going to present me something i can critisize???

Circus beer is chillin for consumption tomorrow night ....exicited beer will be contained in a large jug as have the others to keep clarity at its best by having one pour into the jug and leaving the yeast behind..

Thanks for the feedback Barra.

But, Melbourne Bitter! That's harsh. Nobody will want me in the next swap :unsure: . Ill have to do better for the next swap. Glad you enjoyed it and the g/f didnt (more for you).

Cheers,
Andrew.

nothing wrong with the old red can gulpa ....and i said it reminded me of it not that it was a replica, dont take that as an insult by any means your beer was good gear ...

Ive downed 2 so far.

Boozy's brew. Nice clear beer. Good head. Nice hoppy nose. Very tasty. I just looked back at boozy's post and realised its a wheat beer done with lager yeast. I thought it was a pale/summer ale while drinking. Its all much more clearer now. :)

Barra's brew. A bit cloudy. Low carb level. Tasty, malty brew with good complexity to the malt. Interesting to see what is possible with a partial. Nice job Barra. It could do with a bit more bitterness for my tastes to balance the maltiness (I seem to like em bitter).

Off to a great start so far. Looking foward to the others.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Back