Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing wrong with the old red can gulpa ....and i said it reminded me of it not that it was a replica, dont take that as an insult by any means your beer was good gear ...

No insult taken. They dont have a tongue-in-cheek smily thingy to use. :beer:

fair dinkum boozy did you put soap in that brew of yours

Soap? :huh: gee I thought this review is kicking off well!

Glad it didn't relate to the taste!

Yeast was WLP838 "Southern German lager"

Glad you two have liked it.

I'll try and pick mine up tomorrow barra, i'll give you a call.

fair dinkum boozy did you put soap in that brew of yours , the bubbles just dont stop flowin off the bottom of the glass, brilliant !!!
taste was good, bitterish mouth taste with a sweet kinda afterburst, g/f gives it the thumbs up too, impressive , any idea what kinda alcohol content it is btw ?? also what type of yeast ?? the experiment continues....

tomorrow being payday i think ill shout my self a ho and deal to her in the garden .... and pete if possible could you send through a copy of your label so i can print it , i dont fancy my chance of peelin yours off the bottle seein ya used sticky paper...

Hi Barra, I'll send it soon. It's on Mum & Dad's pc, so I'll grab a copy soon. I'm now online at home! YAY!

Had Phrak's Dutch Knight the other night. Sorry Tim, but somehow it tasted better at your place... Maybe I had it chilled too much, and missed some of the flavour, but overall it was quite alright.
Pete

definately didnt relate to the taste ... just the bubblyness ....
dont worry i like bubbles in beer

Boozy , sorry i missed you last night for some stupid reason my phone was on silent and i didnt here it ringing obviously , ill be in Ingleburn later on tonight if thats any help to you, wont be far from home most of the day but do have a few little things to do... oh and next time dont be shy try the door bell.. not too worry,

Phrak , whats the ANDREWL update anyword ???

Phrak , whats the ANDREWL update anyword ???
Nah Sorry mate, nothing from him yet. I've sent him a PM, and also a message via the Hills Brewers Guild, but I haven't heard back yet. Don't worry guys, I'm not going to drink your beer for him! :p :lol: :chug:

Had Phrak's Dutch Knight the other night. Sorry Tim, but somehow it tasted better at your place... Maybe I had it chilled too much, and missed some of the flavour, but overall it was quite alright.
Pete, Don't apologise mate! but yeah sorry I didn't say it earlier, for anyone else who hasn't drunk mine yet, leave it out of the fridge for a 1/2 hour or so before you drink it. Really brings out the flavour nicely I think.

Tim

not that worried about you drinkin my beer mate in any case if ya do i know where ya live ....
i also sent a PM via here , just hope with the almost total lack of contact that there hasnt been something go horribly wrong with him

Well i just put down Petes HoInTheGaarden, i must say i was kind not lookin forward to it as im generally not a huge fan of a lot of the german style beers , they tend to be a little over bitter and a touch yeasty for me , but in this instance i was pleasantly surprised , yeah it was bittery but just a nice amount and the same deal on the yeastyness, all in all a good quality drop , good head hold , great colour , g/f sadly gave it the no vote but the newly appointed 3rd judge was all smiles when i dabbed his dummy into my glass he even backed up with a burp soon after , good job Pete...

I saw AndrewL at the Hillsbrewers meet last tuesday. He said something came up that day, but didn't really say anything when I mentioned the beers were waiting for him.

Hopefully he pulls through with the beers

Hey guys,
Sorry about last week... As Pete mentioned, I got a call in the morning and had to go sort something out. I tried messaging Tim during the week but obviously he hasn't received it... I'll try again... If possible, I will go over tonight or tomorrow night??? The beers are sitting there waiting to be taken and I'm waiting to go pick the others up. Going by last swap, there should be some GREAT beer.
Once again, sorry guys!

Cheers,
Andrew

What did everyone think of mine?

Just got back from a week away visiting the olds, tried the Dutch Knight last night, very smooth taste I have to say extremely rich and vaguely portish.... Lovely brew though, but its one that you'd maybe have 1 or 2 of before moving onto something a bit lighter and refreshing.

Really liked it though.... And that label is tops!

All good andrewL , hope you managed to sort out your issues , look forward to trying ya beer as most of the rest are gone already....

Yeah, sorry again about the delay guys...
Its the ginger beer I brought to the meeting last week Pete, as the amber ale I was hoping to bring hasn't carbonated :angry:
Just waiting for Tim to get back to me and then I'll be over to his place in a flash!

Cheers,
Andrew

ok, AndrewL dropped by tonight with his swap :beer:

Drew or Barra, are you going to be free on Thursday arvo? I'll be heading into Mascot for some work so can meet up around the area if one of you are free.

Pete, do you want to meet up this weekend (or earlier) for yours?

Gulpa, where do live mate?

Boozy, have you picked up your stash from Barra yet?

Tim.

Tim, I might be able to drop by tonight to pick it up, if that works for you.

Top stuff Andrew, I really liked that Ginger beer.

Did that label work?

Latest posts

Back