Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heya tim , i may have to go to toongabbie after work for a little while will be home at about 4.30pm if i do, i can get drewcareys beers to him to save you doin multiple drops and boozy hasnt got his beers from me yet so that will get him his six in one go which is good , and i have some special stuff for you to try too.... ill pm my number to you later .....

and yes pete label came through nicely will add it to the fridge door of fame after i attack it with the scissors later...

Hey Gents,
Boozy, your one was first cab off the ranks today. I'm not a huge wheat beer fan... But yours... Was something else! What a great beer! Not too much hop (i'm a bit of a hop head)... nice mouthfeel... And the head!!! What was the %? I've had one bottle but it feels like I've had 3! :D The only bad thing I could probably say is that for my personal tastes I would've had a bit more carbonation... But thats me!
I bet you can't wait for the summer months for this one!

Cheers,
Andrew

Hey All,
Tried Gulpas' APA tonight... Bloody beautiful! Right on the mark with this one mate! Nice use of hops (beautiful floral nose!)... Nice carb, goes down great... Again a great summer slammer!

Hi Tim, I had the czech pilsener last night. A bit low on carbonation, but it was damn nice!
Went down well with the takaway thai, and this kit has definitely made it onto the Brews To Do list.

Got DC82's Choc Porter in the fridge ready to try next.

ill be hookin into dc82's chocoporter this arvo too , side by side reviews, mind you my taste buds are all snotted up so anything is possible ...

Gulpa's APA, certainly fit into the category could taste hops very nicely with probably a tad too much bitterness for my liking but was a delicous drop and I could certainly sit down to more than one.

Barramundi's Amber Ale - Had tried this very shortly after bottling and it had a tart flavour but after a few weeks had mellowed out and is now a nice smooth Amber Ale very rich in taste quite good gear, with excellent carbonation and head.

good to see the carb has picked up , if i recall it was a little flat when we first cracked it open a few weeks back....

Had Drewcarey82's choc porter last night.
As usual I made the mistake of having it straight from the fridge, so lost a bit of the initial taste cos it was too cold, but as it warmed up the flavours came out.

Tasted more coffee than chocolate, but it was very nice and smooth. Made me feel nice and relaxed, Woke up this morning like i'd had 2 longnecks instead of one. Maybe I'm getting soft... what's the percentage, mate? :p

Believe it or not mate only 4.8%, my next one that I did I made to a slightly smaller volume and got 6.2%.

Knocked back Gulpa's APA on saturday night. Poured fantastic, great carbonation, top head, and was a bloody nice drop. You've restored my faith in the remaining Cascade pellets I've got in the freezer!

:beer:

Hi all, I'm back from the land of redirected websites and viruses - for how long who knows...

Barra i'll try and come over soon to pick up the beer, they sound pretty good.

Hi all, I'm back from the land of redirected websites and viruses - for how long who knows...

Barra i'll try and come over soon to pick up the beer, they sound pretty good.

not a problem boozy you know where to find them when your ready... still havent hooked up with phrak to get the last of the six may do that sometime later this week just to get it done with ....

just workin my way though drew careys choc porter at the moment , not a bad brew , thickish texture , next head hold but i tend to agree with an earlier caller its a little light on the chocolate taste and more coffee like , not a bad thing still quite an enjoyable beer which does benefit from being a little less than icy cold to bring out the flavours a little more ..

Boozy dropped past today to collect his beer rations from the swap , stand by for reviews.....

ahh shit I'm a lazy prick. :( I've still got 1/2 of Andrew's ginger beer sitting here waiting for everyone!! Sorry Barra, I haven't been out to Mascot for a while - planning on heading out this coming Monday night if that helps at all?

Pete's picked his up, so Gulpa's the only other one left. Gulpa, where do you live mate?

Tim.

not only you tim , i havent exactly been rushin your door down either , had a bit on lately , would have been nice to collect it b4 boozy picked up his lot but it was not to be, not to worry ......
monday is ok for me just give me a yell when your on your way there and ill collect the brew's for myself , drewcarey and im guessin boozy as your place is less on his way to and from work than mine is ... that way your hands are freed of it all too ...drew lives 5 mins awayfrom me so he is no drama at all ...

Ho in the gaarden

I dont know how to describe the taste of this one, it tastes sweet briefly then it doesn't. I thought honey then I didn't. Then it tastes hoppy, then its gone.

Nice beer, deep gold colour, tease of hop aroma. Reckon I could drink a few of these. :beer:

Its a real tease, maybe you could call it 'The teasing Ho in the gaarden'

DSC00287.JPG

Gulpa's APA.

Nice aroma, made me think of a blur between RedOak and James Squires pump house. (that night of the meet was a blur)

Anyway, nice amount of bitterness, not too much. Looks lowly carbed in the glass but feels just right to drink. Very clear, nice colour.

Nice one allround. :D

DSC00293.JPG

Dutch Knight.

Smells great, looks good. Very clear. Dunno who i'm trying to kid here, i'm no beer critic but I know what I like. I like this beer. Tasty.

DSC00302.JPG
Sorry pic is a bit blurry + your label got wet and ran so...)

Val Alorn chocolate porter.

Good head, nice carb level. Deep brown colour. I don't have a lot of experience with this style of beer but this is pretty nice. Can't put my finger on the taste, something in the back of my mind says 'purple iceblocks', maybe I should ignore that 'thing' in the back of my mind. Read chocolate and thought chocolate too. Mrs and kiddies are away and the liver is getting a workout...

Mild bitterness. I'd drink another one if I had one. :party:

DSC00305.JPG

Back