Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVZOOM

Reaction score
Guys,

I see merit in drinking other peoples brews, to enhance my idea of what is possible. Missed out on the Xmas in July case, but thought, if anyone's keen, to swap 1/2 a dozen bottles out.

Here are the metrics:

- Six bottles each, longnecks
- Sydney brewers (nth shore preferred)
- I can pickup / drop off six small cases in the Magna, so it's easy (beer dionations accpeted :p )
- Allow 6 weeks for brew time

I'd personally love to taste some AG - interesting beers that I'd not normally have access to - inspiration perhaps?

Anyone keen? :beer:

Cheers -Mike

im in but im away till mid june and im just down the road mate in drummoyne. better still im dion

Hi Mike,

Im only a new brewer, doing K&K (grumpys MBs), but Im keen if you will have me.

It would be good to get some perspective on what other people are doing. Currently in Thornleigh.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Gulpa / Barls - looks good - shall we decide on a date then?

Cheers - Mike

Count me in!

Should we stipulate what should constitute the 6 bottles? ie 6 of one type of beer or a partial mixed lot?

Tim.

I'll be in it.

I'm mostly K&K, but I've got plans for a few experiments into partials/AG coming up.

I've only got access to Cooper PET bottles though. I'd be happy to return anyones glass bottles after I have drunk them.

Thanks
Ben

Sweet - this should be good!

Phrak (or should I use your real name :D !) - my thought for the first swap should be just any old beer that you're confortable brewing? But obviously, six from one batch.

Ben - same here, I've only got the Coopers PET bottles (as does Phrak I blieve) - so we'll check out a return policy I guess?

Barls - Does this mean you will put a brew down in mid-June, or you'll be ready to hand 'em over mid-June?

Gulpa - all good mate, if you're keen to make, we're keen to sample!

Cheers - Mike

Sounds good..

One more person and we should have the 6 victims you were after Mike.

Regarding a date, I have a batch which I plan to have ready to bottle in about 2-3 weeks. It will hopefully stand up to your reviews...

Nothing in bottled stock at the moment to give out, as I usually keg the lot.

Thanks
Ben

Yeh count me in why not, im in Hornsby Heights you guys are local so its easy enough.

EDIT SORRY... should have done the maths before hand but im not going to be able to be in this. Next time.....

Excuse me for interrupting from over here in the west, but if n is the number of bottles you want to receive, then the number of participants in a case swap should be n+1, otherwise you get a bottle of your own back.

Guest Lurker said:
Excuse me for interrupting from over here in the west, but if n is the number of bottles you want to receive, then the number of participants in a case swap should be n+1, otherwise you get a bottle of your own back.
[post="124362"][/post]​

Yeah I was on the lookout for 6 people, plus me. Probably didn't specify well enough.. I can't wait to have this session!!

Hi Mv,

Thanks for organising this. Im easy with the date. I have 2 brews currently in fermentors and will use the nicest one of these.

Im looking forward to trying everyones beer.

Cheers,
Andrew.

MVZOOM said:
Sweet - this should be good!

Phrak (or should I use your real name :D !) - my thought for the first swap should be just any old beer that you're confortable brewing? But obviously, six from one batch.

Ben - same here, I've only got the Coopers PET bottles (as does Phrak I blieve) - so we'll check out a return policy I guess?

Barls - Does this mean you will put a brew down in mid-June, or you'll be ready to hand 'em over mid-June?

Gulpa - all good mate, if you're keen to make, we're keen to sample!

Cheers - Mike
[post="124345"][/post]​
i should be able to find 6 bottles of one batch when i get back, maybe my honey ginger beer or vanilla been honey amber ale. ill have a look when i get back. i got plenty of glass bottles so im happy for people to keep them but will return the pet ones if they so desire it

Barls - the vanilla been honey amber ale sounds WICKED!

We're two people off, but I think I have found one of them - so only one person to go..

Cheers - Mike

I'd like to join in if there's room. I'm in Eastwood (almost Marsfield).

MVZOOM,
I'm a masher local to you.
If you want to drop by for a sample and talk AG/ beer, send me a PM.

Rgds,
Peter

Mike, so how's this actually going to work?

Each person gives their 6 beers to the pool, then the pool gets divided so each contributor gets 6 different beers back?

That's a nice selection! :)

Tim.

OK guys, here we go - you may wish to nominate what you're submitting

BenHobbs
Phrak
MVZOOM - Sparkling Ale
Rob Angell
Barls
Peter Wadey
Gilpa

I'll aim to get collection happening on the weekend of Sat 17th June (Barls, is that ok?) - so either that Sat or Sunday. If you could all box the contributions up, that would be awesome (ie. just a cardboard box).

Will then do the sort and try to get them back that same weekend, if not the next one. If you wish to augment your selection with any beer related gifts or just more beer for me, then I'm more than happy to accept! :party:

Any suggestions as to streamlining the process would be welcome, as I'm not an expert by any means.

Time to make some lables.

Cheers - Mike

Hi All,

I'll have an IPA if all goes to plan.

I'm really looking forward to trying all the different beers!

Thanks
Ben

Phrak said:
Mike, so how's this actually going to work?

Each person gives their 6 beers to the pool, then the pool gets divided so each contributor gets 6 different beers back?

That's a nice selection! :)

Tim.
[post="124553"][/post]​

That's pretty much it - either that or I collect, sit in my garage and try to drink 36 longnecks before you guys catch me! :beerbang:

What are you gonna brew?

Chers - Mike

LOL, a devious plan! :ph34r: :lol:

I'm still undecided on what I'll be contributing at this stage, but it'll either be an Australian (slightly) Robust Porter or an American Pale Ale.

It all depends on if I can get the APA brewed this weekend or not. :chug:

Tim.

Back