Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will be a Scottish ale or a dark ale/porter. Both are currently in fermentors. If its OK, I will decide closer to the time after tasting both. If Phrak contributes his porter I could do the scottish for variety (as long as it turns out OK).

Cheers,
Andrew.

MVZOOM said:
OK guys, here we go - you may wish to nominate what you're submitting

BenHobbs
Phrak
MVZOOM - Sparkling Ale
Rob Angell
Barls- vanilla bean honey amber ale
Peter Wadey
Gilpa

I'll aim to get collection happening on the weekend of Sat 17th June (Barls, is that ok?) - so either that Sat or Sunday. If you could all box the contributions up, that would be awesome (ie. just a cardboard box).

[post="124560"][/post]​
hey mike
can we move it back a week or two towards the end of the month so to give me some time to get home, get organised and not upset the gf by getting back and then running off with something beer related
cheers barls

hey mike
can we move it back a week or two towards the end of the month so to give me some time to get home, get organised and not upset the gf by getting back and then running off with something beer related
cheers barls
[post="124843"][/post]​
[/quote]

Barls - yeah, no worries - Lets aim for 1st of July. Is that ok with everyone else?

Bottled my ale for you folk today, nice fruity offering, sitting at 6.1% ABV. Should be good on a cold winters eve.

Cheers - Mike

too bad its not a western sydney swap... with a bit more time or i'd be in as well! <_<

andrewl said:
too bad its not a western sydney swap... with a bit more time or i'd be in as well! <_<
[post="124858"][/post]​

Mate, quakers ain't that far away! Lets see how this one pans out - no reason we can't do another.

Cheers- Mike :beer:

well if you get a few more in I'll be up for it! Just have to get another brew going soon. I'm only k+k aswell)

Damn, missed out on this one - I'd be in for any future swaps. I've an Heiferweizen in the the carboy now (only an extract brew though).

MYZOOM - just a suggestion - wouldn't it be just be easier to get everyone to show up one spot on a Satuday morning to do the swaps? It could be a Bunnings carpark if people are uncomfortable with inviting people to their homes...

Andrew, you could always drop your brew at my house while you're in the area. I *PROM ISE* it'll all make it to mike's house! :p B)

Insight said:
Damn, missed out on this one - I'd be in for any future swaps. I've an Heiferweizen in the the carboy now (only an extract brew though).

MYZOOM - just a suggestion - wouldn't it be just be easier to get everyone to show up one spot on a Satuday morning to do the swaps? It could be a Bunnings carpark if people are uncomfortable with inviting people to their homes...
[post="124910"][/post]​

Umm, that's a fantastic idea, thanks Insight. I'm not the most scary looking bloke in the world, but this is the internet after all!

It'll also save me driving around all day, sorting, then driving around the next day! Is early (ie....9.00am) on a Sat morning ok for everyone? As for a venue, what about the carpark of The Ranch Hotel on Epping Rd?

Cheers - Mike

im not fussed where i pick up from

This should be OK with me too.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Barls, your private sex life is your own business mate, but I'm more fussy where I "pick up" from ;P

El Rancho is fine for me though :)

Insight wrote:
It could be a Bunnings carpark if people are uncomfortable
with inviting people to their homes...

And MVZOOM replied:
I'm not the most scary looking bloke in the world,
but this is the internet after all!

Gents,
Call me old fashioned but turning up to a deserted carpark to swap
beer with a bunch of people you've never met before seems a little odd.
Especially when we then go off back home and drink it, and probably report
back here, to the internet 'community', what it was like.

As an alternative I don't mind if you drop around to my place
and do the swap there.
I can chuck the kettle on and we can at least have a cuppa
(or a beer at 9am - doesn't bother me) out in the driveway
while we sort the cartons.

Up to you. The Ranch is a easy for me to get to too.

Rgds,
Peter

Well if I'm in, I'm not really too fussed where the pick up/drop off is either... Just have to get another brew going asap... Probably a draught if anyone hasn't nominated it.

Cheers,
Andrew

andrewl said:
Well if I'm in, I'm not really too fussed where the pick up/drop off is either... Just have to get another brew going asap... Probably a draught if anyone hasn't nominated it.

Cheers,
Andrew
[post="125288"][/post]​

Gidday Mate - think we've got the first drop covered - there's 7 altogether, so the six bottles will round out well:

BenHobbs - IPA
Phrak - Slightly Robust Porter
MVZOOM - Tigers Winter Warmer Sparkling Ale
Rob Angell - Bobs Burping Bitter
Barls - Vanilla Bean Honey Amber Ale
Peter Wadey -
Gulpa - Dark Ale / Porter or a Scottish Ale

I think, however we'll do another one pretty quickly after this one, so at your leasure just put 6 aside from one of your next brews - a draught will be excellent - and we'll sort it out after this one?

So far, for swap # 2, we have:

Andrewl
MVZOOM
Insight

Cheers - Mike

ok, cheers mike... I'll have to put on the next brew soon! :D

MVZOOM said:
andrewl said:

Cheers,
Andrew
[post="125288"][/post]​

Gidday Mate - think we've got the first drop covered - there's 7 altogether, so the six bottles will round out well:

BenHobbs - IPA
Peter Wadey -
Gulpa - Dark Ale / Porter or a Scottish Ale

I think, however we'll do another one pretty quickly after this one, so at your leasure just put 6 aside from one of your next brews - a draught will be excellent - and we'll sort it out after this one?

Andrewl
MVZOOM
Insight

Cheers - Mike
[post="125294"][/post]​

Hi Mike,

As Phrak is down with his Porter for swap #1, put me down for the Scottish. I bottled this on the weekend and I think it will be good.

Ill get in early for swap #2 and contribute the Porter to that swap.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Nice one - so:

BenHobbs - IPA
Peter Wadey -
Gulpa - Scottish Ale

Andrewl - Unidentified Satisfying Lager
MVZOOM - Loafing Little Lager
Insight
Gulpa - Porter
Phrak - American Pale Ale

Cheers - Mike

Mike, put me down for the swap #2 as well - I'll have an American Pale Ale ready for then - Busy fermenting now :)

Gulpa - I'll be keen to compare our porters! This was the first one I made, so I'm keen to hear from others who know the style :)

Tim.

Back