Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Gentlemen (I use the term loosely indeed :ph34r: ), just wanted to put in an update to make sure we're all still good to go.

I have one place free for swap #1 (sans Peter Wadey) - swap #2 is all ready to go. Let me know if you're looking like you can't commit, as this is the hard cut-off mark.

Right now we have:

BenHobbs - IPA
Phrak - Slightly Robust Porter
MVZOOM - Tigers Winter Warmer Sparkling Ale
Rob Angell - Bobs Burping Bitter
Barls - Vanilla Bean Honey Amber Ale
Gulpa - Scottish Ale
TBA x 1 person

Swap Part 2:

Andrewl - Unidentified Satisfying Lager
MVZOOM - Loafing Little Lager
Insight - [TBA Style]
Gulpa - Porter
Boozy le Clown - [TBA Style]
Phrak - American Pale Ale
Thommo - Another American Pale Ale

Swap will be 1 month away, on July 1. Happy new financial year for everybody - or at least a great way to try and forget the last one maybe?

Cheers - Mike :chug:

Le Bump? :(

ANyone for case #1 sub?

Cheers -Mike

I'm still in for both swaps... but the friggen Porter still hadn't carbonated after 3 weeks! :( Will check again this weekend, but I guess I've still got 4 weeks till the swap for it to come good. :shrug:

I'm still in for both swaps... but the friggen Porter still hadn't carbonated after 3 weeks! :( Will check again this weekend, but I guess I've still got 4 weeks till the swap for it to come good. :shrug:

Allright then mate, sounds like you're going to have to bring the lot over and we'll gently pour them into a keg then and hit it with a bit of Co2... That'll get some bubbles into it.

Cheers = Mike

Hi MV,

Im good to go both with both swaps. Both beers in the bottle.

Phrak,
Im having the same problems. Its this cold weather. My scottish ale has been in the bottle for 4 weeks. I tried one on the w/end and it has started carbing up but still has a bit to go (still a bit sweet). However, it has the best head Ive produced yet. Creamy small bubbles. It should be good by swap time.

Looking forward to July 1.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Well I just managed to bottle the Loafing Little Lager (loafingly lazy!). I will have to put a 'best cc'd for three week' addendum on the lable I reckon, as it's not going to be drinkable straight away!

Bottling 6 longnecks made me wonder how people can stand bottling 20l at a shot, or even bigger batches - it'd kill me!

Cheers - Mike

Hi Mike, sorry about the delay... Haven't seen a computer for over a week! I'm still up for the 2nd swap but it has changed from being the "Unidentified Satisfying Lager" to "Loverns' Pale Ale".

Cheers,
Andrew

Jeepers H Crickey - no PC for a week!?! Where were you, the Southern Botswana'n town of Ghunniblier?? :p

You lucky b'stard. Here we go:

BenHobbs - IPA
Phrak - Slightly Robust Porter
MVZOOM - Tigers Winter Warmer Sparkling Ale
Rob Angell - Bobs Burping Bitter
Barls - Vanilla Bean Honey Amber Ale
Gulpa - Scottish Ale
TBA x 1 person - Help? Should I post another topic to gain some interest?

Swap Part 2:

Andrewl - Loverns' Pale Ale
MVZOOM - Loafing Little Lager
Insight - [TBA Style]
Gulpa - Porter
Boozy le Clown - [TBA Style]
Phrak - American Pale Ale
Thommo - Another American Pale Ale

Cheers - Mike

you guys are so lucky i got back and checked my beer cupboard and found the last 7 longies of the amber ale, it was looking bad until i found the other 4 bottles hiding in the back. so im all good so i put one of the stubbies i had left in the fridge to make sure its still good before i give it away and damn its still as good as i remember but not much vanilla though ill fix that next time

Hi there,

I saw you might need one more for swap one. Well I would tentatively offer up 6 longnecks of a belgian amber. I'm only hesitant because although it is an interesting and drinkable beer, its not my best.

Nice colour and head with strong alcoholic notes (belgian candy sugar). It's only going to get better overtime, since I bottled it in february and it really hasn't had long enough to age, especially for a belgian.

Well, if you still need one let me know where in sydney I should drop/collect. South would be better.

Mic

Hi there,

I saw you might need one more for swap one. Well I would tentatively offer up 6 longnecks of a belgian amber. I'm only hesitant because although it is an interesting and drinkable beer, its not my best.

Nice colour and head with strong alcoholic notes (belgian candy sugar). It's only going to get better overtime, since I bottled it in february and it really hasn't had long enough to age, especially for a belgian.

Well, if you still need one let me know where in sydney I should drop/collect. South would be better.

Mic

Hi Mic - I for one would love the chance to taste a craftbrewed Belgium (I suspect I wouldn't be the only one!!) - and don't worry about not being your best effort, it's more about getting a feel for what / where other people are doing.

Only slight issue is that it's a Nth Shore based swap (sorry, page 1), however we're going to meet at a place at North Ryde, so if you can be arsed making it over the bridge, then it's one road all the way through.

If you can make it, we'd love to meet you and swap em out.

Cheers - Mike

Hi there,

Mic

Hi Mic - I for one would love the chance to taste a craftbrewed Belgium (I suspect I wouldn't be the only one!!) - and don't worry about not being your best effort, it's more about getting a feel for what / where other people are doing.

Only slight issue is that it's a Nth Shore based swap (sorry, page 1), however we're going to meet at a place at North Ryde, so if you can be arsed making it over the bridge, then it's one road all the way through.

If you can make it, we'd love to meet you and swap em out.

Cheers - Mike

Hi Mic,

I hope you can make it as Im keen to try it as well. Belgian is a direction I am hoping to take in my brewing some time. Would love to make a Leffe Brune style beer one day.

Mike and others,
My scottish ale is now fully carbed up. Im pretty happy with the result. Shame Ive all but drunk it all :( (apart from the swap bottles of course) . I seem to have a knack for finishing a batch just as its hitting it's peak.

Do we have a date yet for swap 2?

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hey there,

If you pm me the details I'll let you know asap. I'm going to a party on the 30th so I hope you guys aren't morning people.

Mic

No need to PM mate, it's all for the public to see!

BTW Everyone - if it's ok with people, I'm moving this to the morning of the 8th of July - unfortunately my wife will be out of town the weekend of the first, so I'll have two very young tin-lids to deal with for the weekend, on my own.... :ph34r:

So, it gives everyone a little more time to carb / prep etc.. Here are the revised details:

Meeting Point - The Ranch Hotel, Epping Rd - Back Carpark
Meeting Time - 9.00am (you can do it!)
Meeting Date - 8-7-06

We'll do both swaps at the same time - unless people need more time with #2 - let me know.

Cheers - Mike

No need to PM mate, it's all for the public to see!

BTW Everyone - if it's ok with people, I'm moving this to the morning of the 8th of July - unfortunately my wife will be out of town the weekend of the first, so I'll have two very young tin-lids to deal with for the weekend, on my own.... :ph34r:

So, it gives everyone a little more time to carb / prep etc.. Here are the revised details:

Meeting Point - The Ranch Hotel, Epping Rd - Back Carpark
Meeting Time - 9.00am (you can do it!)
Meeting Date - 8-7-06

We'll do both swaps at the same time - unless people need more time with #2 - let me know.

Cheers - Mike

Hey Mike,

I can't make the 8th, I'll be up at Lismore for our kids Karate nationals that weekend.... I'd love to meet everybody, not just their beers.. ;)

How about I drop mine off with you after work this week or next?

Thanks
Ben

Hey Mike,

I can't make the 8th, I'll be up at Lismore for our kids Karate nationals that weekend.... I'd love to meet everybody, not just their beers.. ;)

How about I drop mine off with you after work this week or next?

Thanks
Ben

Bugger, yeah - I knew this would throw people... free to drop em over, no probs. Otherwise we could push further out or move to a weeknight?

Cheers - Mike

At this stage I'm ok for the 8th

Tim.

im good for the 8th as well at this stage but things always change with my work

Seems okay for me at the moment as well.
If anything comes up I'll just hand mine over to Phrak.

8th is OK for me at this stage. I will contact if things change.

I hope it is not put out too much further or I will run out of beer to drink :unsure: .

Cheers,
Andrew.

Back