Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fresh Torpedo is their best beer IMO. Though each time I try it it seems to have a little less Citra zing than of old.
It is a good beer but I reckon ferals hop hog is still better than the torp. Bonus it's made here in aus. Matter of fact I'm sitting in the brewery restaurant having one now :D

FTW :lol:

fkin love that beer :party:

Given I have not had every ipa available but I rate this better than all I have had. I put the epic Armageddon right behind it.
I need to get thier hop zombie and other ones too. But yeah I reckon feral has hit everything I want in an ipa

tried this on the weekend... bloody beautiful beer... I would like to try the SNPA and this, side by side, to determine which one I prefer.

I have a real soft spot for SNPA, so I don't want to be rash with my judgement just yet...

So, it's all Centennial, huh?

Interesting...

• YEAST Ale yeast
  • BITTERING HOPS Wet Centennial
  • FINISHING HOPS Wet Cascade, Centennial
  • MALTS Two-row Pale, Caramel

I found it to be a little musty/mouldy, maybe a wet hop thing or just bad handling? :(

Mine certainly wasn't. The Southern Hemisphere that I tried a few months back, on the other hand... :wacko:

I like the Southern one better than the Northern - the Northern was too vegetal/grassy for me, but still one of the best beers in BWS - and for $9 on special is hard to leave on the shelf.

Neither are as good as a Torpedo IMO.

Funnily enough, Woolworths Liquor (in Darwin at least) sells Northern Hemisphere Harvest. I usually treat myself to one on Saturdays when I go shopping. I prefer the SN Torpedo IPA but I haven't found anyplace to get those up here, will just have to make my own. :p I actually don't mind the "grassy" wet hop character, I think it adds to that particular beer. Not sure if I'd enjoy it in every beer, but hey.

I much preferred the Northern to the Southern one. Just a bit pricey only ever get it as a treat when i have no home-brew!

bruce86 said:
It is a good beer but I reckon ferals hop hog is still better than the torp. Bonus it's made here in aus. Matter of fact I'm sitting in the brewery restaurant having one now :D
Yep did a day there memory is hazy, but I just know it was a good day

Latest posts

Back