Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugeater

Reaction score
I've not found anyone else mention this in any post, but for those interested, you can get the 2012 Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest at Dan Murphy's (well at least here in Melbourne). A bit exxy at about $12 a bottle, but I'm drinking it now and tis nice.

No worries :D

I've had the southern harvest before and quite liked it, but when I saw the Northern version I thought it was worth a test. It wasn't even on the shelves. Just some open boxes.

It landed in Melbourne last week. Should be some BRUX and Narwhal hitting independents soonish too. BRUX is stupidly limited.

Two boxes arrived at my local BWS in Port Macquarie today. Given the usual rate we get beers here it should be in every little backwater bottlo in the country by now.

Grabbed one today from the local BWS, didnt really like it to be honest.

Grabbed one today from the local BWS, didnt really like it to be honest.
I got a bottle from the EP BWS, woot, (mind you I think they only get in one bottle of anything like good beer a time).
Pretty good but we had it head-to-head with Southern Harvest and that was the clear winner. Bottle handling may be an issue.

Scored a couple of these for 8 bucks a few weeks before Christmas after spending 12 on it a couple of days earlier lol.

I got a bottle from the EP BWS, woot, (mind you I think they only get in one bottle of anything like good beer a time).
Pretty good but we had it head-to-head with Southern Harvest and that was the clear winner. Bottle handling may be an issue.

Nah, seemed to be fresh, just didn't like the balance. Would much prefer a Browndog Ipa :D

A fresh Torpedo is their best beer IMO. Though each time I try it it seems to have a little less Citra zing than of old.

A fresh Torpedo is their best beer IMO. Though each time I try it it seems to have a little less Citra zing than of old.

Yep would have to agree with that, well I have only tried the pale ale, torpedo, northern and southern. Won't be trying their hefe in a hurry- wheats an adjunct not a base :ph34r: .

Cheers

Southern Harvest is waaay better than this. Found the Northern to be very harsh in my opinion. The Celebration Ale on the other hand is gold, almost better than their standard range.

The Celebration Ale on the other hand is gold, almost better than their standard range.

Where has this? Would like to try it.

Just had a look at a clone recipe ... would I be right in saying that the Celebration Ale looks a lot like an IPA version of their APA?

I got this from the International Beer Shop in Perth, they are all out now I believe...

http://www.internationalbeershop.com.au/

The Celebration Ale uses Chinook and Centennial but the same malts as far as I can see.

All I can say out of all the beers I sampled over Xmas this was awesome, smooth, balanced and very drinkable.

Tried some other IPA's from Rogue, Green Flash etc which whilst nice, were just not balanced enough for my liking.

Yeastie Boys Yamika Black IPA was also another awesome beer (had a growler), although Feral's Karma Citra Black IPA is my fav (can't get this in a bottle I don't think).

Latest posts

Back