Show Us Your Manifold!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you run in your mash tun?

• Copper manifold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Braid

• False Bottom

• Malt Pipe

• Buckets of holes ;)

• Dirty Laundry

• Total voters
Welcome real brewer :p

This is my manifold, 18 months old now and hasn't missed a beat

th_beer1_1.jpg

Well i did it, i am finally a REAL brewer! :p :D I am a little excited so there may be someone out there in interent land that might care :rolleyes:

Have been stuffing around with ss braid since the start of the year, then getting the shits with it and doing a biab here and there, then remembering why i wanted to not do that any more, so i gave in and got me some copper last week and have been fiddling around here and there since then.

Its just a 15L round coleman drink esky. I can mash 3.9kg of grain in it max @ 3L/kg, without a mash out , then batch sparge, got around 75% mash efficiency with the SS braid. My grain bills are usually smaller 2.5 to 3kg so it does the job for me no worries and i usually do infusion step mash.

Just gave the new manifold a dry/wet run, looks really promising, great siphon all the way to the end with an ants fart of water left! Wil brew an oatmeal stout this weekend sometime for test drive.

I still use BigW pot for HLT and kettle on electric stove. I have to cheat and use one of those fancy 99cent buckets for the sparge water though. B)

View attachment 54452
View attachment 54453
View attachment 54460

Very happy with my new manifold, drains beautifully, nice clear wort into my pot!

IMG_9513.JPG

What is the thickness of the slots in a manifold? Hacksaw blade thickness.? Thin 5 inch grinder blade thickness ok?

This is 5" ... It's a bit rough workmanship but the grain bed becomes the filter and these slots are the wort pick up so fortunately my imperfect cutting won't result in a problem, other than to look at. A man with your plumbing skills will have noooo problems!f
image.jpg

Cheers droid. Job looks alright to me. It would be hard to get something like that looking perfect.

I've been BIABing for 5ish yrs, now I'm going to have a go at producing some super-clear wort !

Pretty happy with the fit. The silicone tube on the outside copper braces makes it rock-solid.

And the wort return is simple, but should work OK with the pump dialled right back.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back