Show Us Your Drained Boiler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does the boiler look like after transferring, when you have used a shit load of 100% Cocoa powder ?
A chocolate sludge fest.

Doc

Reminds me of a curry ,chillies and home brew night we had here once.

Batz

What does the boiler look like after transferring, when you have used a shit load of 100% Cocoa powder ?
A chocolate sludge fest.

I'm reminded of a colonoscopy video I saw on TV. :blink:

Cripes Doc, now I know what you were talking about! That's serious stuff. I will definitely be keen to hear how this one turns out. Gotta get through the other 15 cubes first though I suppose!

here is my last brew, I tried numerous things to filter the trub but two piece of S/S gauze from a camping shop formed around the pick up gave excellent flow. best $3 Ive ever spent!

100_1023.JPG

My latest brew from yesterday.
It's a sort of an English Old or ESB, don't really know or care about the style.

EKG plugs and Styrian pellets.

IMG_0125.jpg

The first time I ever used my old cheap arsed system it was a great success! No flowers tho, was scared of blockages! Pics of full and empty boiler, using a single element I ratted out of an old kettle, did the job but took around 40 mins to bring wort to the boil...

fullboiler.JPG emptyboiler.JPG

IMG_4197.JPG

Really loving the Termimesh screen... pellets or flowers, it works really well. I even have a 12" circle of it under my 9" false bottom in my mash tun... I'm getting exceptionally clear wort into the kettle now

Must have had a couple too many while brewing yesterday. drained the kettle and had 162g of hops staring back at me.

P1030998.JPG

P1030997.JPG

P1030999.JPG

Looks a little like the virgin mary, Sell it!

3 Hits of Chinook (30 grams home grown x 3 late additions)
DSCN4049.JPG

Into the brown ale on Sat... :icon_drool2:
DSCN4052.JPG

brewed today and used my homegrown POR and cluster (30g of POR and 24g of cluster)

pot.JPG

its in the fermenter now and is tasting sooooo good, its only the second time i have brewed with flowers only, with the scrubby in place i drained the kettle completly with all the debris left behind

cheers matho

am i seeing seeds in there from your homegrown hops matho??

sim
yeah i saw them too, i put about 10 g of bought POR in there too i think they are for that

Back