Show Us Your Brew Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo6

Relax? Don't worry?? It's not just an internet for
Reaction score
Having searched here, there and everywhere for ideas when planning my brew controller build, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread committed to brew controller pics. I must have bookmarked almost a dozen threads in the process of my build and would have loved a "show us your" thread to help inspire my layout (both inside and out) without flicking back through hundreds of pages. Don't get me wrong, I love reading these build threads and the information available is invaluable, I just thought it'd be great to have a place to display your finished build (and I was too lazy to start a build thread). Links to your own build thread would be helpful for anyone planning their own build too.

Anyway, here's my controller, inspired (more importantly incited) by Truman and Qldkev's controller box and Gava's brewery build threads just to name a couple.

It uses an Auber 2352 for the HLT, 2352P for the HERMs both using pt100 sensors. It runs two 2200w elements and two Kaixin pumps using two 10amp inputs. I'm currently using a gas fired keggle but have left enough room for an extra PID and switches if I ever go all electric.

Cheers,

BC fascia.jpg BC internal.jpg

BC in use.jpg BC stowed.jpg

Armaflex insulation. Picked it up from a fellow AHB member. Around 19 or 22mm IIRC. Works well, I figure, as my KK element is still going strong!

...touch wood.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Sorry didnt have room for all the bling things :p
hermitv2.5.JPG
What's that Nev? Some sort of MP3 player? I saw one of those at Lukec's when I got the Armaflex. Very tidy bit of kit and he had nothing but praise for it.

I may have one for sale very soon 2nd hand as I just upgraded to braumeister
Camo6 said:
What's that Nev? Some sort of MP3 player? I saw one of those at Lukec's when I got the Armaflex. Very tidy bit of kit and he had nothing but praise for it.

Here's a picture I've taken tonight, as you can see my temp dodgy labels are still on there :)
I'll get a shot of the inside soon, Not as pretty as Camo6

controlPanel.jpg

brewery.jpg

Cheers
Gav

gava said:
Not as pretty as Camo6

Cheers
Gav
Thanks Gav, will you still say that in the morning?

Edit: I've gotta get round to labels too some time.

Danwood said:
Here's mine.

She's a real beaut !
Jesus Dan, you make your wife stir the mash? :p

That comment Cameron, is clearly designed to distract yourself from the stark realization that my brew controller is superior.

With yours can you -

Wave to the local publican when you depart the establishment ?

High-five a team mate following a big win in the Lacrosse game/match/tourney?

Effectively administer directions to a fellow pedestrian when words are not practicable ? For example, excessive traffic noise or distance between the two parties.

I think you'll find that 'no' is the answer to all three. Although to see you try would be interesting.

(Ok, carry on, you electronically proficient pricks)

Got some labels made up from Chris at Eaton Laser in a brushed silver finish. Placed the order with him last week and got a message an hour or so later saying they were posted. Can't complain about that for service.

20140919_173354.jpg

Camo6 said:
Having searched here, there and everywhere for ideas when planning my brew controller build, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread committed to brew controller pics. I must have bookmarked almost a dozen threads in the process of my build and would have loved a "show us your" thread to help inspire my layout (both inside and out) without flicking back through hundreds of pages. Don't get me wrong, I love reading these build threads and the information available is invaluable, I just thought it'd be great to have a place to display your finished build (and I was too lazy to start a build thread). Links to your own build thread would be helpful for anyone planning their own build too.

Anyway, here's my controller, inspired (more importantly incited) by Truman and Qldkev's controller box and Gava's brewery build threads just to name a couple.

It uses an Auber 2352 for the HLT, 2352P for the HERMs both using pt100 sensors. It runs two 2200w elements and two Kaixin pumps using two 10amp inputs. I'm currently using a gas fired keggle but have left enough room for an extra PID and switches if I ever go all electric.

Cheers,

attachicon.gif
BC fascia.jpg
attachicon.gif
BC internal.jpg

attachicon.gif
BC in use.jpg
attachicon.gif
BC stowed.jpg
Sweet swing for the control panel. Did you build that yourself, or make it up from pre-made bits?

It's pretty much what I had thought of doing for mine, but I'll need to clamp/fix it somehow to the round legs of my bench.

Also - damn you handy welding people making such nice lookin brew frames!

Hey mofox, the swing was a bit of ss frame I found at Pete's bargain centre in Chirnside Park. He has every known item in the galaxy stored there but finding it is the secret.
It had a steel rod protruding from the frame which fit nicely into a piece of SS pipe I'd salvaged from the old man's dairy. The pipe is just tek screwed to the frame with a couple of clamps.
I guess you could call it the Millennium Fulcrum...It's all made from junk.

And yeah, weldings pretty cool. My welding mask looks like Magneto's cause I like to pretend I can control metal!

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Sorry didnt have room for all the bling things :p
attachicon.gif
hermitv2.5.JPG
Same here Nev....a bit like new golf clubs, ordinary golfers think shiny new clubs will lower scores, I have a shed full of golf clubs,
only one Hermit !

2014-06-11 10.00.49.jpg

One of a kind then... bah.

Pete's bargains gets a good rap, will have to head down there or scour gumtree. Or find a local metal work joints to see if I can get a cheap bracket made up!

You're local(ish) to me... know any decent metal work places who will weld for beer? :D

nala said:
Same here Nev....a bit like new golf clubs, ordinary golfers think shiny new clubs will lower scores, I have a shed full of golf clubs,
only one Hermit !
I dunno wether to laugh or cry at that kettle :huh:

Good job.

Latest posts

Back