Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andyburgs said:
Only 4 batches into all grain but I'm loving it. Would love to upsize already.
On my third and 4th system, Brauclone (up to 80L) and an urn, Biab, for those lovely summer wheat beers, and starting to pull together system 5 4v herms. Trust me it gets pricey, keep brewing on what you got, over the next year do some collaboration brews with guys that have different systems, check out some commercial systems too. Once you've done all that, make sure cold side is sorted, most here when they up-size to greater that 60L go stainless throughout. There are so many options to explore throughout the journey, enjoy!!

nosco said:
5500w. This one is my first one. Its a Camco one. I bought an all SS one from Brew Hardware but the thread on the Camco one has rusted to the point that i cant get it into my old kettle. Its an Electric Brewery setup. Its a pretty ordinary setup but the poor practices of a noob brewer also helped.

Its plenty powerful enough. I have to turn it down to about 70% (dimmer switch control from Still Dragon). Its a bit uneven though. 2 smaller ones either side would be better. The xxl hop bag contributes to that too
I have a 72Lt BIAB kettle with a camco 4500w PID controlled. Have a boil set on about 75% power and I think it'd do 100L no worries

id love a PID contoller but cant afford some decent pumps atm. If i was to do it all over again i think id get 2 smaller elements for the bigger size pot for a more even boil. Brewing on a budget sucks sometimes.

Yep, My setup is way more elaborate than I will ever need though, I should have made it simpler but thought auto mash temp control would be more easily achievable than it has been. I like being able to dial in the boil intensity though.

Brew rig moved into new brew zone. Makes splitting my mashing and boiling over two nights much easier when it's all contained inside, as opposed to when I had to brew in my backyard.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1473388520.552417.jpg

The Judge said:
Brew rig moved into new brew zone. Makes splitting my mashing and boiling over two nights much easier when it's all contained inside, as opposed to when I had to brew in my backyard.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1473388520.552417.jpg
Damn, if I am not mistaken I saw that bench at Bunnings the other day for $99, but wasn't sure it would be strong enough! And my setup is half the size of yours!

This is the boy I believe:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/romak-900-x-1500-x-540mm-garage-workbench_p2760456

Yeah that's it! Sturdy as. I will replace the mdf for mesh down the track and probably add a drip tray to the whole thing. Can recommend this bench.

The Judge said:
Yeah that's it! Sturdy as. I will replace the mdf for Stainless down the track and probably add a drip tray to the whole thing. Can recommend this bench.
FTFY, tell the wife after you've installed it.

Nice one! After spending 2 weeks comparing the Bunnings "Rack-it" system with the equivalent Masters system, and several other options, a stainless steel bench popped up on Gumtree for $75. Perfect!

So this is my "Before" and "After" systems:

med_gallery_2728_1417_719337.jpg

med_gallery_2728_1417_208023.jpg

Still more work to do, I might start another thread to see if people can help me out with it!

Cheers,

Jeremy.

Nice score with the bench and just in time I say, the top in the first pic looks like it's not far off shitting itself.

I have replaced that benchtop once since that photo, and my replacement benchtop started to do that again after the first boil-over. Suffice it to say I am glad to finally be on a stainless surface. Particle board does not a good brew bench make!

Not a complete doco but thought I'd throw up a few piccies given the discussion about benches / Rack-It etc. System is a recirculating 1V (obviously), at the moment struggling a bit for mash conversion for some reason (last two have been 77% although the one before that was at 84% - so I know it can do better...). I suspect that more open space in the bottom of the malt pipe would help, although I haven't been having any problems with flow-rate through the grain bed.

71 litre cheeky peak SS kettle
38 litre cheap ebay SS malt pipe
KK pump, 3-piece ball valves and camlocks
Bunnings rack-it 900x600 shelf with wheels
MillMaster Mini mill and hopper
Ghetto malt pipe hoist and wort return distributor

Loving the wheely rack-it system, I put four little timber offcuts on the base of the mill mount to act as keys into the mesh shelf - means it doesn't move around at all when milling into a bucket under the mesh.

At the moment it's just running off a KK 2200W element and pre-built KK STC1000 equivalent. I've got the parts for a matho's controller and 2x romar 2400W elements that I'll get wired and fitted in the next couple of weeks once I've got my last assignment finished. Really looking forward to quicker ramp times and a more rollicking boil. I also really need to get the volumes etched into it ASAP.

IMG_20160524_205452_1.jpgIMG_20160524_165236_1.jpgIMG_20160831_181346_1.jpg
IMG_20160904_103335_1.jpgIMG_20160807_121621_1.jpg
IMG_20160922_071359_1.jpgIMG_20160922_092806_1.jpgIMG_20160831_202610_1.jpg

Denobrew said:
Here is a picture of my system. Still a work in progress.
Spoon hook: check. You've got some organised thinking there.

I've taken notes mate
[emoji16]

Latest posts

Back